CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Greenville Hospital System - Patewood Campus

gs3

Is this tunnel going to be open to the public as a way of connecting bewtween the parts of the campus, or is this an employee only tunnel?

If it's public, would be cool if it were something like this tunnel connecting the concourses at Northwest Detroit hub. The walls change color with the beat of the music playing....a music and light show.

CIMG0025.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, it will be more of a functional hallway with very few bells and whistles. Since it is only for employees and transporting patients on gurneys and in wheelchairs, don't expect much more than a bland hallway with some random art along the walls. If they really want to be progressive for a hospital, they will have some plants. :lol:

From the quick shot that I saw on the news, it doesn't look too deep or too wide, so what I'm thinking is that it will be just a corridor between buildings, like a skywalk system, just below ground. I would be able to see them putting in moving walkways though.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006:

Some photos from this afternoon...

Work is almost finished on Saint Francis Women's & Family Hospital on Patewood Road (sorry for posting this here, but there doesn't seem to be a separate thread and I also believe GHS has agreed to purchase this property from Saint Francis anyway:

I know this is kinda of an old thread and there is the posibility that I misunderstood the sentence but, I am 100 % sure that St.Francis Women's & Family Hospital is not going to be sold to GHS. As far as further development by St.Francis @ this site, there is none planned after the addition to the main building. St.Francis is looking to build else where in the area.

That rumor can be put to rest for certain and we can look forward to another great development St.Francis. Concerning the new development, I know that it has been discussed that it would work closely with CU-ICAR, and maybe even provide healthcare to the employes of the companies on campus. And no matter what the new center centers on, maybe it general, vascular, etc., it will be an outpatient focused facility. I feel that my source is trustworthy on these matters. :D

That rumor can be put to rest for certain and we can look forward to another great development St.Francis. Concerning the new development, I know that it has been discussed that it would work closely with CU-ICAR, and maybe even provide healthcare to the employes of the companies on campus. And no matter what the new center centers on, maybe it general, vascular, etc., it will be an outpatient focused facility. I feel that my source is trustworthy on these matters. :D

I suspect I know who your source is and I think she'd know for sure; therefore, I trust you. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the news! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the news! :thumbsup:

Yes, thanks, cafealotaguy! :thumbsup: My apologies. My manners are horrible this week.

This is great news! My wife has already told me in no uncertain terms that our next bambino (if we have another one) needs to be born at the Saint Francis Women's & Family Hospital over on Patewood. We had such a great experience there with our last one! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

The first tunnel of Greenville's far reaching mass transit subway system. :P I wish! Actually the tunnel that will run under Patewood connecting the different parts of the new GHS Patewood Campus.

CIMG4651.jpg

Another shot of the newest building:

CIMG4650.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I was talking to this guy last night and he was chatting work. He's in construction. Something came up about Patewood and he started talking about the "rooftop" garden. Have any of you heard about this? Went by today, and snapped a photo of the sign and sure enough, the roof of the lower building is green and it looks walkways and a person on the rooftop. Anybody know anything about this? The guy I was speaking with last night said it was part of a holistic approach....you know, someone recovering stroll through the garden and feel better......dogs visiting elderly......etc. Thought it was cool. :thumbsup:

CIMG5479.jpg

• 2 months later...

Archived