Severe Accident on I-485

kpryde4u

Yesterday morning, my friend Min passed away from a drunk driving incident. He was not at fault, but was just an innocent teen going back home from a movie with friends, and he was not even drunk. The driver who hit my friend and killed him and injured another driver, should have a sentence for life in jail, or somethign even worse.... he was an illegal Hispanic immigrant, and took a stupid choice and drove while impaired, plus put many other people's lives in danger. He drove on I-485 in the wrong direction for twenty miles, and caused other drivers to almost get in accidents. He should be convicted and sentenced for life... maybe even death row. Although, I'm angry at this incident, the courts will probably sentence him for a couple years, and deport him or something, and have the other country deal with him. It makes me sick, that people who do not even have proper citizenship and belong in this country, would go around drinking and driving in our country like it was a lawless society, then go off killing an innocent teenager who just turned 18. I also wish the police or state troopers would have caught this imbecile, The authorities should have blocked off the highway, or done some immediate action. some Plan should be in place for this kind of action, rather they just had this crazy fool to drive for 20 miles, and endanger other people's lives. This is so sad, and I knew Min for a long time, he was one of the nicest people one could ever meet. I really hope this b*stard gets what he deserves.... SEVERE PUNISHMENT.

This is his website. It was left without him. You can see his pictures(he has the long hair), and video links about the accident. I hope everyone learns from this... Drinking and Driving is not the answer.

http://www.xanga.com/KoReAnBoY159753

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we sent all the illegals back, we'd have to pay more to get the locals to wash windows, cut grass, swing hammers, etc. That would cause inflation... and then we'd be whining about all the problems that causes in maintaining our standard of living.

I doubt this person will simply be deported. He broke laws in our country and can be punished here. He's not a diplomat.

Author and columnist Frosty Woolridge sounded the alert over illegal immigration in America. He estimated that there are currently over 20 million illegal immigrants in the U.S., with around half of them coming from Mexico. There is also a 7-billion dollar people-smuggling operation originating in Asia that is contributing to the problem, he said. Illegal immigrants have taken over many blue collar jobs and driven down the salary for such positions, he noted, adding that this scenario could be an effort by the "elites" who want both cheap labor and to bust up unions.

Beyond the economic damage, Woolridge asserted that resources such as water will become increasingly scarce in many locales, due to the burdens of overpopulation. Further, he suggested that the multicultural immigrant population in the U.S. is "infecting us with a Balkanization" of languages and nationalities. These groups show little interest in assimilating into American culture, and could eventually turn our nation into a "third world quagmire," he opined.

Woolridge proposed a 10-year moratorium on all immigration and said he favors an increased military presence on the borders, using video cameras and night vision scopes to curb illegal crossings. He calls for American citizens to form "an avalanche of protest," that could lead to immigration reforms.

Immigration's Unarmed Invasion: Deadly Consequences

by Frosty Wooldridge

http://www.frostywooldridge.com/

There's nothing new about immigration alarmism. Look at how the Irish and Polish were viewed at the turn of the century-- and how they were going to "pollute and corrupt our culture, import poverty and disease, etc."

Since we're not going to do anything serious about sending the Latinos back, (both political parties see them as a source of new votes) we may as well give them jobs. If we don't, they'll become bored and frustrated, and riot as in France.

The difference is that the Irish and Polish came in legally.

We should not call what is happening "illegal immigration", as these Mexicans are not immigrating but rather trespassing.

Holding the companies that hire them responsible is not the proper way to go about solving this issue as most of the illegals have phony identification and credentials. There is no way a small business can go about checking these for authenticity.

Nothing can be done about the illegals until the border is secured with the military and the cooperation of Mexico. Nothing will be done because of political correctness and because Mexico's whole economy only works because of the money that is sent back.

As for the original post of this thread, this is indeed very tragic and I feel for you and your friends family.

How many of you want drug resistance TB in which 60% of who get it will died. The others who surrive cost between $300,000 to 1.5 million to treat.

How many of you want your children in school with children with this TB. They come into our school and work place with no shots or medical records. They bring in many diseases into this country and cost us tax payers more in welfare and free medical care than we save in their cheap wages.

legal immigration will have medical record and shots.

Paying cheap wages does not look so good now.

Yesterday morning, my friend Min passed away from a drunk driving incident. He was not at fault, but was just an innocent teen going back home from a movie with friends, and he was not even drunk. The driver who hit my friend and killed him and injured another driver, should have a sentence for life in jail, or somethign even worse.... he was an illegal Hispanic immigrant, and took a stupid choice and drove while impaired, plus put many other people's lives in danger. He drove on I-485 in the wrong direction for twenty miles, and caused other drivers to almost get in accidents. He should be convicted and sentenced for life... maybe even death row. Although, I'm angry at this incident, the courts will probably sentence him for a couple years, and deport him or something, and have the other country deal with him. It makes me sick, that people who do not even have proper citizenship and belong in this country, would go around drinking and driving in our country like it was a lawless society, then go off killing an innocent teenager who just turned 18. I also wish the police or state troopers would have caught this imbecile, The authorities should have blocked off the highway, or done some immediate action. some Plan should be in place for this kind of action, rather they just had this crazy fool to drive for 20 miles, and endanger other people's lives. This is so sad, and I knew Min for a long time, he was one of the nicest people one could ever meet. I really hope this b*stard gets what he deserves.... SEVERE PUNISHMENT.

This is his website. It was left without him. You can see his pictures(he has the long hair), and video links about the accident. I hope everyone learns from this... Drinking and Driving is not the answer.

http://www.xanga.com/KoReAnBoY159753

I'm very sorry that you're having to deal with this tragedy. It always pains me to hear in the news about teens/young people prematurely losing their lives. In Greensboro, there was a similar situation where an accident involving three female students from NC A&T State Univ. It was a complete fatality that claimed the lives of all three students. Sadly, I'm hearing that reckless driving on the girls' part is to blame:( As a college student, I try to have a more serious grip on life than I did 2 years ago and make halfway decent decisions that won't lead me down a deadly path. But, we can't control everything in this sphere...so its best to try to live life to the absolute fullest and try hard to do right by others and yourself.

But back to Ming - it adds insult to injury to know that an illegal immigrant is at fault. I wonder how severly he'll be punished.

Even though I am alot younger then most of you guys on here I truly know the effects of what they (illegal immigrants) have done to my community as well as my family. About a month ago we were traveling to Richmond and were passing through Durham on I-85 and we got in a wreck because an "illegal" immigrant rear ended us and drove off. He didn't even have a license plate. My mom is a teacher and most of the schools here are FULL of Hispanics! I truly don't think that with this lottery being approved that it will be enough just to house these illegal kids. I could guarantee you that if you did not have all of these illegal aliens here most schools would be at capacity and you woudn't need as may now as you would have to have if that were the case. What really gets me is that they can come over here and get everything handed to them! They can go to the local hospital and have their babies for free while us legals have to pay. During the summer the Winston-Salem Forsyth County School System offers free breakfast and lunch so they get their meals for free. They don't have to pay taxes and plus the education is free. I don't mind Hispanics at all, it's just be a fair citizen and do your fair share like everyone else, that's all!

Drunk driving is not limited to illegal immigrants. How many of you have a friend or relative or associate who has been ticketed for a DUI?

I had a cousin killed by a drunk driver, and he wasn't an illegal immigrant.

It might be the case that illegal immigrants are less educated on the evils of drunk driving, though. North Carolina is one of the few places that will give drivers licenses to illegal immigrants, which means that they have the opportunity to study for the exam, and be educated on the risks and penalties of it. Myrick is threatening to withhold federal money from NC if the practice isn't halted. Once that happens, then illegal immigrants won't even get that education on our laws.

kp4u, I hope this guy does get punished, for your sake, for Min's family's sake, and for the sake of every victim of drunk driving.

NC is also at risk of losing reciprocity agreements with other states, if we don't get stricter on who gets licenses.

I keep hearing people talking about how easy it is to get a drivers' license here, but I wish that were the case for us. My wife is a legal immigrant; she's been here for a year and the state still won't let her get a license because she doesn't have a social security card. We've done all of the necessary forms, applications, paperwork, etc, and she even has permission to work, but they won't give her a SSN. The official reason: we have to wait while Homeland Security updates her file, which they've been updating now for several months. Very frustrating. Makes the black market for SSNs look a lot more tempting. :angry:

Well unfortunately....1 out of 4 DUIs in the past few years in NC have been at the hands of illegal immigrants. This is yet again another case like the one of the teacher who was killed while his family was on vacation. Sue Myrick's bill will probably get passed and the deportation will start. About time if you ask me

Sue Myrick's bill is nothing but a political stunt from a do-nothing legislator that has been sitting in a protected gerrymandered district for the last 10 years. Her party does not support restricting illegals.

She is planning to run for governer next year and needs to say she did something other than vote with the Republicans on 100% of their trade bills to send NC jobs out of the country.

There is already legislation in the NC Legislature to in fact restrict driver's licenses. It was there before Myrick showed up with her pseudo crusade. If she really wanted to do something about this issue she would vote to put resources behind forcing employers to not hire these illegals. The offender in this question had been working illegally in SC for the last 3 years and was driving without a license. Her proposed bill would not have stopped this incident. Why isn't she going after the employeer that employed this man without documentation for the last 3 years?

Why isn't she going after the employeer that employed this man without documentation for the last 3 years?
You are so right!

The reality is, imo, that illegal immigrants are great for so many people & businesses to exploit but when one of them messes up suddenly everyone has something to say. But nobody comments on why the cost of goods are so low, etc from the cheap labor being used. We can't have our cake and eat it too.

This driver deserves to go to be punished to the fullest extent of the law just like any other person that drives recklessly and takes a life. But his illegal status is really not the issue, imo.

Well, yes it is because the trends show that 1 in 4 DUI's are from illegal immigrants. That's either saying a) 1 in 4 people in the state of NC are illegal immigrants, or b) They are at a much much much higher rate of DUI's by illegal people. These are people who SHOULD NOT BE HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE!

Indeed. Myrick has been in office for more than 10 years and as far as I can tell has done nothing to stop the real reasons behind these people being in the USA. Case in point, the illegal alien from Mexico that is the subject of this thread has already been removed from the USA 17 times. He already has 2 DWI arrests, one in Tennessee and the other in Colorado and he was ticketed for driving without a license.

Are there really numbers showing 1 in 4 DUI arrests are illegal or are we talking about 1 in 4 of the more recent highly profiled cases?

There is no doubt that the arrest rate for latinos (legal or not) for drunk driving in Charlotte higher than for the rest of the population (given their % of the population). But they still do not make up the bulk of the arrests. I think the explanation is 2 fold, 1 they may drink & drive more and 2) because it is presumed that they are more likely to drink & drive, they are more often stopped to see if they are drinking & driving - hence more arrests.

Whatever the case, drinking & driving is bad and in my mind the if they are not enforcing the drunk driving laws period, http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/9348259.htm , its not going to make a difference who the driver is.

Just for the record, its historically inaccurate to say that the immigration of the past (ie italian & the irish) was "legal" immigration. Most of those people did not have visas nor were they given permission, they just came. The reality is that if there weren't jobs here and people who employ them, then latinos wouldn't come. They are working for someone - often not latin - and that person is paying a cheap price for the labor. We American can't have our cake & eat it too. We have to pay the costs if we want a change. So those who want a change should investigate who picks those cheaps veggies they buy or the products they purchase, who's doing the work when they get their homes built, who's building up Charlotte, who's landscaping it, who's bussing those tables, and make their choices with their pocketbooks - not just their mouths.

Just for the record, its historically inaccurate to say that the immigration of the past (ie italian & the irish) was "legal" immigration. Most of those people did not have visas nor were they given permission, they just came.

Actually that is not correct. European immigrants from in the 1800s had to buy passage on a ship to come to the USA. The ship lines were obligated to deliver the immigrants to a designated immigration facility in the USA. And once here, they had to pass through immigration control in Ellis Island in NY or orther similar facilities in the USA. The immigrants were given legal status in the USA and immigration was controlled by country.

There are similar mmigration controls in place today and one can legally immigrate here from Mexico or other Latin American countries. What we are talking about however are illegal aliens that have chosen to avoid these controls and have crossed the border illegally. Not the same thing at all.

I CAN'T believe this guy has been deported 17 TIMES!

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/news/13229997.htm

It is actually quite shocking.

I tend to not even think twice about illegal immigration, as it just a piece of paper, but to be be deported 17 times, and still drive drunk 100 mph the wrong way down a freeway and kill someone is the epitome out outrageous.

I don't know what the law can do in this instance, but I sure hope something very severe that can act as a deterent to others in that community (or really a deterent to EVERYONE who might consider drinking and driving).

Archived