Chattanooga Photo Tour

Hankster

I've promised a photo tour of Chattanooga and it's about time I delivered. So I went out today and took quite a few pictures of my hometown. As I was taking these pictures, all I could think of was how lucky I am to live in such a great town. I hope everyone enjoys. There will be many more pictures to follow later.

Confederate Memorial on top of Missionary Ridge overlooking Chattanooga Downtown

th_PB190637.jpg

A View from Missionary Ridge

th_PB190641.jpg

Let's Go Downtown and See What's There

th_PB190643.jpg

Electric Power Board Building U/C

th_PB190649.jpg

Dome Building

th_PB190650.jpg

th_PB190651.jpg

The Post Office and Miller Park

th_PB190652.jpg

th_PB190653.jpg

th_PB190654.jpg

th_PB190655.jpg

th_PB190656.jpg

th_PB190657.jpg

The Patton Towers Built 1908

th_PB190658.jpg

th_PB190659.jpg

th_PB190662.jpg

th_PB190663.jpg

th_PB190664.jpg

th_PB190668.jpg

Here's a very large Condo Conversion Downtown.

th_PB190669.jpg

th_PB190670.jpg

The Dome Building (My personal favorite)

th_PB190671.jpg

The James Building (1907) on the left anf the McClellan Building (1924) on the right. I just love the architecture!

th_PB190673.jpg

th_PB190674.jpg

The Tivoli Theater

th_PB190676.jpg

Our Free Electric Shuttle

th_PB190677.jpg

The 21 Story Republic Center (our Tallest)

th_PB190678.jpg

th_PB190683.jpg

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a few more. Let's see if they are any bigger. If not, I'll try to correct the pictures at the host site.

Here's some pictures from the Art District located on a bluff overlooking the Tennessee River and within walking distance of the Aquarium and downtown.

th_PB190686.jpg

Classic Italian Architecture

th_PB190693.jpg

The Hunter Museum

th_PB190695.jpg

th_PB190696.jpg

Awesome pics Hanster!!!

I so need to go to Chattanooga! Its been...lets see......10-11 years I guess since I was there. Yikes. I've been to East Tennesse many times since then, just not Chattanooga, so I need to do something about that.

Hopefully you will figure out the issue with sizing with your host site. If not check your inbox, there should be a message from me on a different host site, the one I told you about in Nashville at the meet.

Sweet pics...

If you get a chance, see if you can get a shot of the East Gate Town Center with its renovated front... and also see if you can get a shot or two of the urban sprawl known as Hamilton Place...

Chattanooga has done a wonderful job of taking the old and renovating it. No need to tear it down and rebuild when you can just freshen it up!

Sweet pics...

If you get a chance, see if you can get a shot of the East Gate Town Center with its renovated front... and also see if you can get a shot or two of the urban sprawl known as Hamilton Place...

Chattanooga has done a wonderful job of taking the old and renovating it. No need to tear it down and rebuild when you can just freshen it up!

I'll try to get those for you. As for now here's another round of pictures I took of Chattanooga on Saturday. There's no telling if these will be big or small, but here goes.

More of our 21st Century Waterfront

th_PB190721.jpg

New Condos (nearly finished...I don't know the name) near the Waterfront

th_PB190722.jpg

The IMAX Theater

th_PB190723.jpg

Northern Terminus Station for the Electric Shuttle

th_PB190724.jpg

Electric Shuttle Route

th_PB190725.jpg

Hunter Museum Walkway (Part of the 21st Century Waterfront Project)

th_PB190729.jpg

Museum Bluff Condos (U/C) This is a HUGE Project

th_PB190730.jpg

Renderings of the Museum Bluff Condo project

render1.jpg

render2.jpg

Waterfront Views (More Condos)

th_PB190734.jpg

Hunter Museum Overlooks High Bluff on Tennessee River

th_PB190735.jpg

View of Downtown from Cameron Hill. This will be the site of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Headquarter complex scheduled to begin construction early 2006. This is a $221 Million, 800,000 Sq Ft office project with a simply commanding view of the downtown area!

th_PB190763.jpg

Entrance to Enterprise South Mega-Site. Rumors has it that Chattanooga will get either an Audi of BMW assembly plant here.

th_PB190765.jpg

Enterprise South Site Plan. It's Huge!

th_PB190764.jpg

• 5 months later...

I've seen the Museum Bluffs condos and they cast an imposing profile. I understand that they're about to build a companion project to that one. Does anyone here know where it will be in relation to the MB's?

Also, the last time I was in Chattanooga, I passed through the south part of DT, and was surprised to see a lot of activity going on there. Are there any plans for residential down there? Also, what was that building across from the Choo Choo on Market? It looks like it was a theater once.

Part of my family is from Chattanooga (I am from Murfreesboro). I've been to Chattanooga a few times and I must say it is a city that's got it's act together. It great to see a TN city preserve its architecture, making it both functional and aesthetic without having to build monster towers to add to its beauty.The streets downtown are spotless. I also admire the way Chattanooga takes advantage of its riverfront, landscaping, attractions, and preserving the environment by using efficient forms of energy.

Part of my family is from Chattanooga (I am from Murfreesboro). I've been to Chattanooga a few times and I must say it is a city that's got it's act together. It great to see a TN city preserve its architecture, making it both functional and aesthetic without having to build monster towers to add to its beauty.The streets downtown are spotless. I also admire the way Chattanooga takes advantage of its riverfront, landscaping, attractions, and preserving the environment by using efficient forms of energy.

Thanks so much four kind remarks. That's exactly why I like this city so much!

Archived