Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

mcheiss

Apple Blossom Brewing Company has opened in Fayetteville along Zion Rd.  I was planning on trying it this evening but just found out they ran out of food over the weekend and are closed today.  Anyone tried it yet???

Yes, and they weren't near ready for the business they were doing. Slow service, forgot to come get wife and me while waiting for a table. They sat several similarly sized groups while we waited that arrived after we did. Running out of food is pitiful.

Wish it was great, as it is in my neighborhood, but I won't be back for a while. They have a lot to figure out.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, and they weren't near ready for the business they were doing. Slow service, forgot to come get wife and me while waiting for a table. They sat several similarly sized groups while we waited that arrived after we did. Running out of food is pitiful.

Wish it was great, as it is in my neighborhood, but I won't be back for a while. They have a lot to figure out.

Thanks!  I'll give them a couple of weeks to start ironing out the issues.  Hopefully they will get it together...

Is it officially adjacent to Best Buy?  I googled the address that was in the news article and it looked like it was the vacant lot in front of Target, just east of Cabela's.  Just curious.

It has been planned for the corner just south of Best Buy, near the large dirt pile. Maybe that changed, but all the plans I've seen show it near Best Buy.

• 2 weeks later...

They have

Can anyone confirm that Cracker Barrel is going to build in Bentonville on the site of the closed Travelodge (exit 85)?  If so, with Chipotle building on the opposite side of Walton, that's going to really change the look of that side of 540.

They have the approvals through the city, I beleive the only hold up is the bank and the purchase aggreement

Dukin Donuts is on the way as well

• 2 weeks later...

Lots going on in the Fayetteville restaurant scene.  I am interested in the Fuzzy's Taco Shop in the Dickson, as I have heard they are pretty impressive.  Hooter's will be closing due to a lease problem but finding a new location supposedly.  The Fayetteville Flyer is always on top of this stuff and here is the link.

http://www.fayettevilleflyer.com/2013/08/15/restaurant-news-fuzzys-taco-shop-slim-chickens-on-campus-yum-yos-and-more/

Lots going on in the Fayetteville restaurant scene.  I am interested in the Fuzzy's Taco Shop in the Dickson, as I have heard they are pretty impressive.  Hooter's will be closing due to a lease problem but finding a new location supposedly.  The Fayetteville Flyer is always on top of this stuff and here is the link.

http://www.fayettevilleflyer.com/2013/08/15/restaurant-news-fuzzys-taco-shop-slim-chickens-on-campus-yum-yos-and-more/

It is sad that local television news reported the Hooters news with the insinuation that it was linked to the tragic accident that happened to one of their customers recently. A little more investigation could have uncovered the lease problem. Of course that would not have been as interesting a story.

Thanks RAK. I also heard hooters was moving from Fayetteville to Rogers. Any truth to that?

I had heard they were moving, but never have heard any mention on where exactly, whether it be another location in NWA or another Fayetteville location.  

In other restaurant news Momma Dean's Soul Food Kitchen in south Fayetteville has closed again.  Last time an anonymous benefactor helped paid the unpaid sale taxes.  So unless someone steps up again this might be it for them.

Taziki's is coming to Bentonville in one of those new strip malls on Walton Blvd

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/article/92351/tazikis-to-open-in-bentonville

I saw it today. Still empty inside. When looking at the building noticed a Mexican restaurant on the other end of tAzuthe building. Searched their name and they have a Facebook and they are hiring.

Azul tequila. https://m.facebook.com/azultequilamexicancuisine?id=279921252148441&_rdr

• 3 weeks later...

Slim Chickens continues to expand in Fayetteville.  They are adding a location to one of the new dorm buildings at the University as mentioned a couple months ago and another free standing location on Wedington.  I think the Wedington corridor is a little underserved with restaurants so I believe this will do well in that booming area.  These will be the 3rd and 4th locations in Fayetteville.

Archived