Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

mcheiss

Could you see another development like Nelson's Crossing if the redevelopment included the old IBM building. What's the occupancy rate of that building? It seems empty and has been for a while.

Nelson's Crossing has better access from the back side than what is at the NEC.  It also has a bit of the frontage road.  I can count the number of times I went to anything at the NEC on one hand.  

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nelson's Crossing has better access from the back side than what is at the NEC.  It also has a bit of the frontage road.  I can count the number of times I went to anything at the NEC on one hand.  

To be honest, how many times did you need the services of Dan Ivy, an Oreck Vacuum for the little lady, a title for a new house, a used video game or the rest of the types of stuff that's been there.  But... the back up there in the afternoon to turn left onto College is a mess.

• 3 weeks later...

It is hard to fix slow service. Especially when you pick your own food.

In regards to NWA restaurant development, I wonder how much this area depends on the pool of quality staff. I can call out more than a few establishments that fail miserably in management, servers, or cooking ability.

In regards to NWA restaurant development, I wonder how much this area depends on the pool of quality staff. I can call out more than a few establishments that fail miserably in management, servers, or cooking ability.

That is the exact reason why I'm looking into the Cracker Barrel in Bentonville.  I love that place, as they usually have great food and service, but the one in Springdale just doesn't fit that bill, or at least it didn't when I went.  The foot was dry and the service was under par from what I'm use to there.  

No offense but I bring back up my twin peaks post from a month ago where I questioned if we have the staff for a place like that here.... I think this is also *part* of the reason why A cheesecake factory may not come here... Few places around here consistently have good customer service *river grill is consistently great at lunch except one of their hostesses :-)*

Dixie Cafe and Springrolls are also closed in Fayetteville. Or atleast it appears that way. 

I'd heard about Dixie Cafe closing.  But Springrolls is new to me.  At least Buck's of Asia is still around for Vietnamese food.  Vietnamese food has been in flux this past year.  Pho Saigon remodeled to become Buck's of Asia and I think the Vietnamese place down on MLK is also closed or possibly remodeling as well.  

• 3 weeks later...

funny one ecity3138.

What is there in Little Rock now? Besides the children's hospital I have never in 15 years had a need or desire to go there...

About a quarter million more people in the LR MSA over NWA, which means about 50% larger than NWA.  I do realize population isn't everything, but that can't be completely discounted.  

funny one ecity3138.

What is there in Little Rock now? Besides the children's hospital I have never in 15 years had a need or desire to go there...

Um, I don't know what you are talking about but there is more to Little Rock than just a children hospital. Little Rock got a great research hospital (UAMS), the River Market district which is filled with nightlife and local eateries (though not as large as Beale Street in Memphis), and a planned tech park in the future. If you look on the news, MSN recently rated Little Rock as the top ten livable cities in the US (Source: http://realestate.msn.com/10-most-livable-cities-of-2013#11). So instead of putting Little Rock down, please look at why more business prefer to come to Little Rock than a smaller market like Rogers, Fayetteville, and other NWA Cities.

I do like to spark conversation. I wish I knew what I could do to spend a roadtrip weekend in Little Rock. I have easily been able to do that in Branson, Tulsa, Kansas City, and Dallas. Many I talk to from Little Rock seem unable to give me an itinerary of a fun family weekend in Little Rock.

For a fun family weekend, just downtown you and your family can take in the Clinton Presidential Center, Heifer Village at Heifer International Headquarters, Museum of Discovery, Historic Arkansas Museum, Old Statehouse Museum and the Witt Stephens Nature Center along with Riverfront and Clinton Presidential Park and the pedestrian bridges over the Arkansas River (those two and the Main St. bridge now have LED lights and are lit at night). The Arkansas Arts Center and the Arkansas Military Museum are in McArthur Park near downtown.  The Central High Visitors Center is not too far from downtown as well.  The Inland Maritime Museum in North Little Rock has the Razorback submarine and you can take the Mark Twain Riverboat on excursion on the Arkansas River. There is also the Little Rock Zoo and if you are here in the warmer months you can go to Wild River Country or a Travs game a Dickey-Stephens Park. 

That's just some of the things that you and your family can do in a weekend in central Arkansas.

Archived