Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

mcheiss

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most people who take weekend trips tend to eat and shop at places that are not currently located in their own area. When my sister-in-law/brother-in-law, who live in Fayetteville, travel to LR for the weekend they always want to go shopping at places that are not in NWA such as The Apple Store, JCrew, Anthropologie, LuLu Lemon, DSW, The Nike Store, The Container Store, Bass Pro, plus the multiple local shops and boutiques. They also like to hit up restaurants, both local and chains not found in NWA.

Chuys opens next Tuesday. My family and I were invited to attend the friends and family event tonight. Food and drinks were amazing! Their happy hour will be from 4 to 7 and includes a free nacho bar in the *dog lounge/bar* our first time at a chuy's.

Thanks for that update, nupe!

Not gourmet restaurant fare, but I heard today that a Taco Bell/KFC combo will be coming to Centerton.  (And if you drive from Bennie to Centerton nowadays you'll ask "What's taken them so long?"  House after house is being built in view along that highway stretch.)

Not gourmet restaurant fare, but I heard today that a Taco Bell/KFC combo will be coming to Centerton.  (And if you drive from Bennie to Centerton nowadays you'll ask "What's taken them so long?"  House after house is being built in view along that highway stretch.)

It's not gourmet, but KFC is my favorite fast food!  If only it wasn't so expensive...  Any idea where at in Centerton it's supposed to go?

It's not gourmet, but KFC is my favorite fast food!  If only it wasn't so expensive...  Any idea where at in Centerton it's supposed to go?

Said to be around the old Bank of Gravett there. (New facility but I can't remember if that's still its name.), on the west side, I believe.

Chuys opens next Tuesday. My family and I were invited to attend the friends and family event tonight. Food and drinks were amazing! Their happy hour will be from 4 to 7 and includes a free nacho bar in the *dog lounge/bar* our first time at a chuy's.

Guess I missed your post.  Yeah I was invited by some friends and was there as well Friday night.  It was a rather limited menu, but have to agree with you that it was pretty good.  Who knows, maybe we went right by each other.   :)

Approved by Rogers planning commissioners (last night?):

Pinnacle Heights retail complex at 4195 Pinnacle Hills Parkway has three restaurant spaces with the rest of the complex retail space. The original development plan listed only two restaurants. The third restaurant was added on the northwest side of the complex.

http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2014/jan/22/rogers-panel-approves-three-developments/   (paywall)

• 3 weeks later...

Mezza Luna closing its doors.

Great location. Pretty good food. Service was never great the several times I went. Menu was odd. What Italian restaurant doesn't have chicken parm? Anyway, hate to see it close but there was never a crowd there when I went so it was inevitable. Hopefully someone can take advantage of the location.

From ML:

"

I will be shutting the doors of Mezza Luna after service on Saturday night to open new doors of opportunity in the near future. I am very grateful for all my customers who have supported me through the years and hope to bring you along with me on this next journey. Please join us for one last meal at Mezza Luna and have a toast to new beginnings!

"

They've been open for a while now and I've never gotten around to posting about them.  But one place I've been happy with is KJ's Sushi and Korean BBQ on College Ave in Fayetteville.  I believe they may be owned by the same people that own a Korean place in Benton County (sorry, don't remember the name).  I don't tend to see a lot of Korean places not only in our area but other areas I've visited either.  But it's really grown on me a lot.  I've heard the sushi is pretty good too, although I haven't had any.  I've just been focusing on the Korean menu.  Anyway, just thought I'd finally get around to mentioning them in case others don't even know they exist.

So Longhorn's opening is dated for March 17th now.  They look almost finished.

Salmon.  :) Key lime pie.  :)  RAK!  RAK!  RAK!  (Trying to make the same noise my then very young daughter made when imitating a baby bird waiting for its mother to feed it.)  Can't WAIT for a Longhorn to be here.

Anyone been to Juicy Tails (Above Jason's Deli) on Joyce?  I know bubba mentioned it a few weeks ago but aside from the name, it looks good!   From what I can tell it is like a crab or crawfish boil served in a bag with corn, potatoes, etc.  Not sure what else they serve.

Archived