Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

mcheiss

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure which thread it's on, but this has been brought up numerous times, and each time the rumors are shot down. I don't think it's happening any time soon. (Cheescake Factory). Sorry. I'd love to see one too. Twin Peaks is coming to that area, and I just heard a new rumor about a microbrewery/restaurant coming as well.

I heard over the weekend that Cheesecake Factory is supposedly going in next to the new Longhorn Steakhouse next to Best Buy in Rogers.  Can anyone confirm or deny that?

Best Buy has a parking restriction that only allows for one restaurant on the land adjoining them. Longhorn took the spot. No more restaurants in that area. The only spots available are near Target.

Cheesecake Factory is not coming. Not now and not anytime in the near future.

Something is going next to Longhorn because they're digging for something else.

Incorrect. They are just finishing out the site to level it to prep for future development. If you recall, there was a huge dirt mound and slope on the site.

They're also digging across from the Neighborhood Market on Pauline Whitaker.  I would assume likely a restaurant, but we'll see.

Across from Neighborhood Market is Legacy Bank and a retail building developed by Hunt. Rumors of Deluxe Burger and an Italian restaurant by Scott Bowman at the development.

NWA Burger Shack on MLK just up and closed its doors with no warning. The gutted the place and took down the signs. Anyone know what happened? I guess they could be moving somewhere given how they left the place.

With that and Mezza Luna closing there are a couple nice spots in an area that desperately needs full service dining.

Yup they came and went, Fayetteville's was on North College where Andy's was and the Korean place is now. Franchise owner went belly up. The Wendy's up here went belly up once and was gone from the area a few years. Ownership makes a world of difference, that's one reason Fayetteville's Fridays went out, questionable franchise holder.

There's a lot of work going on over at the old blue gas station on MLK in the Mill District.  This is the location by the new tunnel that Arsaga's was considering last summer for a new coffee shop/restaurant/roastery.  Anyone know any details?

Future development by Best Buy? As in retail or restaurant? Since it was mentioned that there can only be one restaurant, I'd assume retail.

Yes.

Yup they came and went, Fayetteville's was on North College where Andy's was and the Korean place is now. Franchise owner went belly up. The Wendy's up here went belly up once and was gone from the area a few years. Ownership makes a world of difference, that's one reason Fayetteville's Fridays went out, questionable franchise holder.

Fridays was corporate, the owner of the building was charging them an exorbitant rental rate and their sales wouldn't justify it. The owner of the building is now the franchisee for Tilted Kilt.

• 2 weeks later...

Good to hear!

I wonder how the traffic will change when Chipotle and Cracker Barrel both are open. It's already a mess.

I personally don't think those two places will change the traffic any.  Maybe for the first couple of days, but that's it.

Traffic is already pretty bad there, and the previous businesses on those properties didn't impact traffic at all.

I do think Cracker Barrel pulls a lot of HWY travelers off the road, so I think that business will congest traffic in an already bad intersection at Moberly.

Archived