Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

mcheiss

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like JJ's is planning to put their new "brewery and beer garden" location at the SW corner of Van Asche and Steele in Fayetteville.  That whole street is about to be under construction with residential, this, and the new UARK credit union building.

It will be in the same building as Jimmy Johns in the new development by Dunkin Donuts. Ozzys, in the Starbucks building, is supposed to be a build your own pizza concept as well.

Thanks for the info.  Now I remember hearing about Ozzy's next to Starbucks.  Pieology is a chain, right?

Thanks burnz. Raising caines has been open for a few weeks now and their lines still rap the building all the times I've been down there. . Even at times some would consider non peak

I guess this question would be aimed at those outside of this thread or who have lived in larger metro areas.  But is this normal for similar or bigger metropolitan areas?  I've only ever lived in Little Rock and NWA and when I was in Little Rock there weren't any really large chain openings.  I've heard that the Whataburger in Fayetteville is similar to what's mentioned about Raising Caines.  

I guess this question would be aimed at those outside of this thread or who have lived in larger metro areas.  But is this normal for similar or bigger metropolitan areas?  I've only ever lived in Little Rock and NWA and when I was in Little Rock there weren't any really large chain openings.  I've heard that the Whataburger in Fayetteville is similar to what's mentioned about Raising Caines.  

Fayetteville is a college town.  Whataburger was really exciting for a lot of the relatively new locals here, because it is a Texas thing.  Nearly 30% of the university's enrollment is from Texas now.  Cane's is another college-town/SEC thing.  It comes from Baton Rouge and is heavily associated with college towns.  I haven't been to either one, but that explains some of the "fastfood hype" we've had in Fayetteville lately.  Chipotle was similar. 

In general, I think Fayetteville and NWA are "under restauranted".  I wish the Yellow Rocket folks would set up shop around here with some of their restaurants.  They'd slay.

Guess I missed the Rogers Famous Dave's biting the dust or just plain forgot. That front row looking a bit rough with it l, empty former Gap store, and as for now still closed Cheezys.

I drove by Famous Dave's a few weeks ago and noticed it was closed but forgot about looking around on here for any information.  It's been a few years since I've eaten there, but I don't remember being very impressed.  I can't believe the Cheezy's location has gone this long without something going in.  That road may not be the newest and greatest, but it's still very busy.  

Cheezy's was owned by the people next door and they held onto it until they could do something else.  Isn't that a Famous Dave's by the mall?  I think the small store worked best for them.

Cheezy's was owned by Copeland's but the building was leased. Once they closed they had no more dealings with the building. It was the owner/landlord of the building holding onto it. I understand the rent is extremely high and part of the problem. 

Cheezy's was owned by Copeland's but the building was leased. Once they closed they had no more dealings with the building. It was the owner/landlord of the building holding onto it. I understand the rent is extremely high and part of the problem. 

Very interesting. . Well I wish "statefare local comfort food" the best of luck there. They replaced the cheezy signage yesterday with their own.. search state fare nwa on Facebook .

Archived