Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

mcheiss

• 2 months later...

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Long time Dickson Street restaurant Jose's has closed but the space will not be vacant for long.  JJ's Grill will be taking over the space adding it's either 2nd or 3rd Fayetteville location depending on when it reopens.  With the original location on Wedington and the recently approved location in Uptown.  It's a little sad to see Jose's go but at least it will not be vacant long.  The former owners of Jose's will be partnering up with the JJ's crew for this location.  Below is a link to the Fayetteville Flyer article:

Jose's Closes and JJ's Opens

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On September 5, 2015 at 7:16 AM, msbranh said:

Cheezy's was owned by Copeland's but the building was leased. Once they closed they had no more dealings with the building. It was the owner/landlord of the building holding onto it. I understand the rent is extremely high and part of the problem. 

Surely they're considering lowering the rent now that State Fare has come and gone so quickly and because of how much time passed between Cheezy's and State Fare to begin with.  And with the as-mentioned Famous Dave's empty location now.  

13 hours ago, IronScott said:

I never went during the so-called "glory days".  Was never overly impressed with it in the last 3-4 years.  It was just okay.  One time I went there before a show at the Walton Arts Center and they forgot to put my order in.  I had about 5 minutes to eat when the food finally came out.  Obviously that's just one time, but you get 2 or 3 of those and people won't come back.

1 hour ago, jb1087 said:

I never went during the so-called "glory days".  Was never overly impressed with it in the last 3-4 years.  It was just okay.  One time I went there before a show at the Walton Arts Center and they forgot to put my order in.  I had about 5 minutes to eat when the food finally came out.  Obviously that's just one time, but you get 2 or 3 of those and people won't come back.

My wife and I went quite a few times for breakfast on Sunday mornings last year. Our food was always good. Service was hit and miss. Seems like most bad comments I've read were people there at lunch and dinner.

I figured Hog Haus would close before them.

Chance for something new and exciting.

• 2 weeks later...

After being open in Fayetteville for about 4-5 weeks now, tried Bocca Italian Eatery this weekend ... fantastic.  www.boccanwa.com

Big Whiskey's American Restaurant and Bar, a small chain based out of Springfield, is opening a Bentonville location later this year on Walton Boulevard.  www.bigwhiskeys.com

20 hours ago, jb1087 said:

Saw something on Fayetteville Flyer that said Mr. Burger is closing in Fayetteville.  Not sure if that's already been posted on here or not.

Always had good luck with them quality wise, but they sometimes had the world's slowest drive through.  Never knew if it'd 5 minutes, or 25 minutes. 

Also looks like another Tex-Mex place is opening where Elenita's used to be.

Archived