Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

mcheiss

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've heard from a friend that Ruth Chris Steakhouse has been scouring locations in Fayetteville recently.

No confirmations yet, but it is interesting to hear that they are looking at our area.

I think I've heard of it before. Do they have any other locations anywhere in Arkansas or this region?

I've heard from a friend that Ruth Chris Steakhouse has been scouring locations in Fayetteville recently.

No confirmations yet, but it is interesting to hear that they are looking at our area.

That is very interesting news. I am a bit surprised about Fayetteville being the place they are looking at rather than Rogers. But I would love to have one in Fayetteville. Ruths Chris is the restaurant that has 50 dollar steaks. It is incredible. When Ruths Chris starts coming into the area, it will be a matter of time before PF Changs, Cheesecake Factory, Macaroni Grill, and many others come. A restaurant of this type means that upscale retail and restaurants are just months away from moving in.

That is very interesting news. I am a bit surprised about Fayetteville being the place they are looking at rather than Rogers. But I would love to have one in Fayetteville. Ruths Chris is the restaurant that has 50 dollar steaks. It is incredible. When Ruths Chris starts coming into the area, it will be a matter of time before PF Changs, Cheesecake Factory, Macaroni Grill, and many others come. A restaurant of this type means that upscale retail and restaurants are just months away from moving in.

It will be interesting to see what else starts heading this way. Although I wouldn't mind seeing more upscale local restaurants too.

Yes, I think I would rather see more upscale local chains flock to Downtowns in NWA. I don't mind chain restaurants, but local restaurants just seem better at times and we don't have enough of them up here.

Both local and chains would be nice. I just hope the chains don't start hurting the local ones.

Fuddruckers had their official grand opening yesterday in Rogers, although the restaurant has been open for about a week or two. I think they've had around several thousand customers already!!

RedRobin is also about to open along Walnut.

I wonder how those restaurants will compare to their Fayetteville counterparts. Not too lonjg after they opened their fancier model on Chik-Fil-A in Rogers they started remodelling the location across the mall. They expanded it and made it look a lot nicer. I'm assuming it looks a lot more like the one in Rogers now.

I wonder how those restaurants will compare to their Fayetteville counterparts. Not too lonjg after they opened their fancier model on Chik-Fil-A in Rogers they started remodelling the location across the mall. They expanded it and made it look a lot nicer. I'm assuming it looks a lot more like the one in Rogers now.

The Roger's one is extremly busy. They really should consider opening one in Bentonville.

RedRobin and Fuddruckers look about the same as the one's in Fayetteville.

Kosmos Greekafe is opne now Matt. Although be prepared for some long lines. As with most restaurants up here, everyone is wanting to check it out as it first opens. Apparently there is an Indian restaurant in Eureka Springs called New Delhi.

Thanks for the update Mith.

I think this is the first Greek restaurant in NW Arkansas.

Where did you hear about the New Delhi in Eureka Springs?

That suprises me for a town that small.

Thanks for the update Mith.

I think this is the first Greek restaurant in NW Arkansas.

Where did you hear about the New Delhi in Eureka Springs?

That suprises me for a town that small.

I was talking about restaurants to a friend. he told me about Kosmos being opened and we started talking about ethnic restaurants and such. Fayetteville has had a Greek restaurant before. Not sure when it closed but I believe it was open a couple of years ago. But I do think that Kosmos is the only Greek place open now. Anyway I'll have to keep asking my friend if anyone has any questions. He apparently has a friend who has quite an extensive menu listing. Not just for northwest Arkansas but even some from Tulsa and I believe Springfield and Little Rock.

Just to make Aporkalypse happy I'll mention Taco Bueno again. Went there the other day, it's alright. I was hoping I'd like it quite a bit better than someplace like Taco Bell. It's a bit different but not a lot in my opinion. The potato burritos are interesting an different. But I guess I'm spoiled by Flying Burrito and Qdoba. They aren't as cheap and not quite so fast food, but I like them better. I'd just as soon go there and pay more to get something from those two places. But I have no problem with them putting more Taco Buenos in the area either.

Flying Burrito beats Taco bell or Taco Bueno any day.

I haven't tried Taco Bueno yet, but there suppose to be building one up here in the future.

Like I said it's a little different than Taco Bell but not enough that you should bother driving down here to Fayetteville to try them out.

Most of the places I can think of in Fayetteville I'm pretty sure do it for free too. Wonder if having to pay for it at McDonalds will really be much of a draw for them.

They've been doing this for a while in all other parts of Arkansas, and I guess it's pretty successful.

I'd rather go to a coffeshop or bakery and get gourmet food with free wifi.

Archived