Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

mcheiss

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since Matt didn't get a paper today just thought I'd mention some general info about Kosmos. Looks like they will be mainly specializing in souvlaki and gyros. I'm not familiar with it but it appears that souvlaki is skewered meat. For those of you who have a hard time finding lamb dishes there will be some of those also at Kosmos. Here's an old pic I took a while back ago.

img40104pa.jpg

I would like to see more Vegetarian restaurants. I know many people moving in that do not have any choices for vegetarian dishes at restaurants. A mediterranean restaurant and other similar items would be great for Rogers or Bentonville.

Yeah to be honest I am surprised that there aren't more vegetarian selections, especially here in Fayetteville. I just keep thinking that's it's just a matter of time.

Yet another place I keep forgetting to mention, Emelia's. Although it's not labeled as Greek it is labeled as Mediterranean. Although that can sometime be a bit vague. Could be some Greek, could be more focused on Italian for that matter. Maybe it could even have a little Middle Eastern flavor from the very eastern parts of the Mediterranean. Guess I need to see if I can find a menu and see what it has. It's located on Dickson. I think I have a pic somewhere but I don't know where it's at offhand.

Emelia's. Can't say I've ever heard of it, but it does sound fascinating. We really don't have a mediteranean restaurant up here, but I'm sure one will come one of these days.

I think the term is a bit hard to define. I would imagine it has some Italian, but unlike other Italian places it also probably has other dishes that may be more Greek or deal with other areas of the Mediterranean.

The Sanctuary is now officially open for business in Bentonville. The extreme upscale restaurant situated in downtown Bentonville is being called the most upscale restaurant in Benton County and possibly NW Arkansas.

The Icehouse on Southeast Fifth Street should open in the next few months.

Java Junction, a coffee house, will open on South Main Street soon as well.

The Sanctuary is now officially open for business in Bentonville. The extreme upscale restaurant situated in downtown Bentonville is being called the most upscale restaurant in Benton County and possibly NW Arkansas.

The Icehouse on Southeast Fifth Street should open in the next few months.

Java Junction, a coffee house, will open on South Main Street soon as well.

So Matt, you going to go rent a tux and go eat at the Sanctuary? :D

Hey Matt I saw a review for La Fonda in Arkansas Business but never saw any mention of exactly where it is. Any ideas where the location is? I found it interesting because they apparently serve breakfast too. That's one aspect I haven't been happy about down here in Fayetteville is my options for breakfast. Since Mexican food is my favorite I've been hoping to find a place that would also serve breakfast. I miss all the breakfast burrito places out in Albuquerque when I visit there.

I'm pretty sure this has been mentioned before but I'm not sure if it was official. But sometime in 2006 Fayetteville will be getting a TGIF. Usually I wouldn't care much about yet another American food chain opening up. Although I will say if I was going to go that route I do think I like TGIF better than many of the others we have already.

TGIF is being built directly across from Olive Garden in Fayetteville.

Also, Buffalo Wild Wings in Fayetteville has opened. It is located behind McAlester's Deli off of Joyce. http://www.buffalowildwings.com/index2.asp

Great Environment and completely smoke free. Enjoy !

Ah, I was wondering what that was near Olive Garden. And isn't every restaurant smoke free in Fayetteville because of the ordinance? :D

Correct all restaurants are smoke free. If alcohol sales make up a majority of revenue then the establishment can have smoking. This has not affected business in NW AR from what I have seen.

The old Goldie's restaurant on North College has been renamed Boston Mountain Grille but has the same owners. I don't know why the name change but it has.

Also, it appears that Hog Haus Brewing on Dickson Street is up for sale. I do know that a Mexican restaurant was looking at some property near downtown at one time and I hope they do, its the La Huerta chain. I believe that if they moved into Dickson Street they would put a hurt on Jose's.

That's it for now !

Correct all restaurants are smoke free. If alcohol sales make up a majority of revenue then the establishment can have smoking. This has not affected business in NW AR from what I have seen.

The old Goldie's restaurant on North College has been renamed Boston Mountain Grille but has the same owners. I don't know why the name change but it has.

Also, it appears that Hog Haus Brewing on Dickson Street is up for sale. I do know that a Mexican restaurant was looking at some property near downtown at one time and I hope they do, its the La Huerta chain. I believe that if they moved into Dickson Street they would put a hurt on Jose's.

That's it for now !

Yeah I saw the Boston Mountain Grille and had wondered if it was the same owners. It's also sad to hear about Hog Haus, seems like that property has been having some problems after it started off pretty well. La Huerta is looking at the former Cafe Santa Fe location on Center St. It's more over by the Square than Dickson. The location isn't the greatest at the moment because of the construction with the Renaissance Tower development. But I imagine that will be a great place in the near future. You can step outside the building and see the Old Courthouse to your right.

La Fonda is in Lowell. It is across from the Dairy Queen and in the same shopping strip as the Subway in Lowell. I have never tried it but may check out the breakfast this week.

Ah, I wish they had stated the location when they reviewed it. I was also interested in it because they serve breakfast, not something I see hardly any Mexican places do around here.

Archived