Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

mcheiss

Well, you could send them to Ruth's Chris like you said or you could send them to Carrabba's, Bonefish Grill, Granite City, P.F. Chang's, Copeland's. I think anyone of these could work.

For $50 at Ruth's Chris they might get to share one steak and possibly a side item. :) Seriously, dinner for two will easily run $100, even without appetizers and dessert. Steaks run in the $35 range, and sides and salads have to be purchased separately for around $8 each.

Personally, we love Oscar's. The food is excellent and the atmosphere is nice. You can get a good ribeye with salad and twice baked potato for $19.

The other restaurants listed above are also favorites of ours, with the exception of Granite City (we weren't impressed by the food or the atmosphere, either one). PF Chang's is consistently excellent, as is Copeland's. I guess it depends on their preferences as to food type. Chang's entrees run around $10-12, and Copeland's vary from $10 for sandwiches and pasta to $28 for a good steak. Another good option is Abuelos, for upscale Mexican, $12-$17, I think.

If you're looking for a local joint, rather than a chain, Mr. B's steakhouse (closer to the old downtown) has great panfried steaks. I think their steaks are around $20, though we haven't been in a while.

Good luck!

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, being a Fayetteville-ite, I don't get up to Rogers very often to eat. Well, I have family staying at Embassy in a few weeks, and I want to send them somewhere nice for dinner. (I will be out of town, unfortunately) I looked at James at the Mill, and am considering that, but are there some nice restaurants in Rogers where I could send them to eat for $50 or a little more? I don't know prices on Ruth's Chris, and I'm not aware of many other nice-ish restaurants there. Help from the Rogers residents would be greatly appreciated, as I'm going to have to do this via gift certificate and don't want to send too little.

EDIT: The Vineyard sounds like a potentially good place for them. (They're in town on a marriage retreat to celebrate their anniversary, so somewhere that's been reviewed as "romantic" would be great) Anyone know what prices are?

Regarding the Vineyard, I'm not sure what to say. We went once, and will probably never go back. It was pricey (can't remember exactly, but it seems like we spent around $70 for the two of us), and my husband's entree had a very weird taste to it. That being said, there must be a lot of loyal customers, because they've been open for quite some time, 4 or 5 years at least. Also, the Vineyard has been very supportive of the Christian school our kids go to; the owners are very nice, and cater a couple of dinners for us each year.

I've never been to a Krystal's before. It's been one of those places I've heard a lot about but never seen one.

I've never been to a Krystal either but I have been to a White Castle and I can say that it was one of the most anti-climactic experiences of my life. My FIL is one of those people who crave them and swore up and down about how excellent they are. IMO, Krystal is a waste of a good parking lot...

• 2 weeks later...

I heard a rumor about a new Indian restaurant opening in Fayetteville-- anyone have any details? My husband and I would lllooooovvveee to have a local Indian place. Yum.

I haven't, but I know there are people hoping one will open up. There's been some before in the past in the area. But obviously they eventually closed. Not sure if there just wasn't enough people interested or if the restaurants just weren't very good. But you'd think the area would be big enough to support an Indian restaurant.

I heard a rumor about a new Indian restaurant opening in Fayetteville-- anyone have any details? My husband and I would lllooooovvveee to have a local Indian place. Yum.

That would be fantastic. We really need an Indian restaurant here--especially a good one. Driving to Little Rock and Tulsa sucks!

M

It's called Habibi and I heard its more of a far east restaurant than an Indian but I could be wrong. It's going in where House Inc. used to be in a nice building right behind the train depot. They have signs all over the building. Sounds like its going to be good.

It's called Habibi and I heard its more of a far east restaurant than an Indian but I could be wrong. It's going in where House Inc. used to be in a nice building right behind the train depot. They have signs all over the building. Sounds like its going to be good.

Thanks for the info! I'm looking forward to trying it, whatever it may be.

Yeah I had heard of that but I was under the impression it was going to be more Middle Eastern. If this is the restaurant everyone is referring to then I guess we'll have to wait longer to have an Indian restaurant.

La Maison des Tartes in Fayetteville has closed. http://thefiveforty.com/la-maison-des-tart...-as-we-type.php

Yeah that is a shame. I thought it was nice having something like that for the Mill District. The few times I went it wasn't packed but there seemed to be a decent amount of people there. But I admit it's been a while since I've been there and maybe that was the situation with a lot of people.

Yeah that is a shame. I thought it was nice having something like that for the Mill District. The few times I went it wasn't packed but there seemed to be a decent amount of people there. But I admit it's been a while since I've been there and maybe that was the situation with a lot of people.

I hate to say it, but while I liked the IDEA of the place, it sucked. Their food was overpriced and not that good, the service bad, and the owners snobby. David (one of the two owners) was a real jerk to my wife one day in there. She wanted the croque madame sandwich (about $14) with a hard egg on the top instead of soft (she was pregnant and couldnt risk samonella). He refused and said, "That would be a different dish." Vince was a lot nicer. Vince eventually got rid of David but it was too late by then.

When I pay $6 for a ham and cheese croissant I don't want to get something that feels a day old and that I have to put in their one crappy microwave to warm it. That's ridiculous. The whole thing was dumb and only lasted as long as it did because we are all dying for somewhere even slightly Bohemian to hang out at.

Mark

I enjoyed La Maison. The few times I ate there it was good, and David was really nice to me & my family. I didn't see them at the chocolate fest this year and wondered why (unless I just missed them?) They catered an event for us once & we were very happy with it. I think the location there is hard, I wonder how the book store is doing?

I enjoyed La Maison. The few times I ate there it was good, and David was really nice to me & my family. I didn't see them at the chocolate fest this year and wondered why (unless I just missed them?) They catered an event for us once & we were very happy with it. I think the location there is hard, I wonder how the book store is doing?

Welcome to the forum. The few times I was there I didn't have any problems either. But I also wonder how the bookstore is doing as well. Maybe if there was just a little more around the Mill District to be a little more of a draw. I always thought of the Mill District of being a nice alternative to Dickson St. I know it's pretty expensive for local retailers on Dickson. Just seemed like the Mill District is a good alternative.

Welcome to the forum. The few times I was there I didn't have any problems either. But I also wonder how the bookstore is doing as well. Maybe if there was just a little more around the Mill District to be a little more of a draw. I always thought of the Mill District of being a nice alternative to Dickson St. I know it's pretty expensive for local retailers on Dickson. Just seemed like the Mill District is a good alternative.

The problem with La Maisson was not the location, Guys. It was the business itself. The bookstore is doing OK last I heard, tho the restaurant closing cannot help them. I think Greenhouse Grill should move into La Maisson's spot. They are doing well, right nearby, and could use a bigger restaurant space.

M

The problem with La Maisson was not the location, Guys. It was the business itself. The bookstore is doing OK last I heard, tho the restaurant closing cannot help them. I think Greenhouse Grill should move into La Maisson's spot. They are doing well, right nearby, and could use a bigger restaurant space.

M

Sounds like a good fit to me.

M

I have been to Greenhouse twice and it was great both times. Hope they succeed where maison failed.

Well, now that La Maison is closed, anyone know where to get some of the better French cheeses? I know ONF has some, but just one or two and none of the really good ones (of course La Maison was actually pretty limited, but crappy water in the middle of the desert is still water :).

Well, now that La Maison is closed, anyone know where to get some of the better French cheeses? I know ONF has some, but just one or two and none of the really good ones (of course La Maison was actually pretty limited, but crappy water in the middle of the desert is still water :).

Let's see, the Harp's over on Crossover has a pretty big selection of cheeses. I'm not sure if they've got a lot of French on hand. But the manager has been pretty good at getting in items I've asked for. They might be able to help you out. I haven't tried this other suggestion but a while back ago I'd heard something about Nibbles. I think they're mainly into catering. But it seems like I had heard you could get specialty cheeses from them. Just out of curiosity are there particular ones you're looking for?

Nibbles closed in 2006 unfortunately :) The owner was really nice about ordering things on request. The new occupant is entirely a catering company (A Fare to Remember) and the owner is, well, creepy...big time. Most of the Harp's deli's seem to carry about the same stuff, but maybe that one will surprise me.

As for what I am looking for, well, it varies...depends on what I'm trying to do :) French cheeses are like wine, it is all about the pairing and the party :) There are definitely some groups of people for which a Fourme d'Ambert or Sainte-Maure_de_Touraine wouldn't be appropriate. I'm starting to go down a "favored subject" where I won't shut up, but I've found that French cheeses require more of an open mind and pallet than most other foods. A LOT of the cheeses aren't what one would typically describe as "really good food" but there are definitely some flavors that no other food on Earth come even close to.

Nibbles closed in 2006 unfortunately :) The owner was really nice about ordering things on request. The new occupant is entirely a catering company (A Fare to Remember) and the owner is, well, creepy...big time. Most of the Harp's deli's seem to carry about the same stuff, but maybe that one will surprise me.

As for what I am looking for, well, it varies...depends on what I'm trying to do :) French cheeses are like wine, it is all about the pairing and the party :) There are definitely some groups of people for which a Fourme d'Ambert or Sainte-Maure_de_Touraine wouldn't be appropriate. I'm starting to go down a "favored subject" where I won't shut up, but I've found that French cheeses require more of an open mind and pallet than most other foods. A LOT of the cheeses aren't what one would typically describe as "really good food" but there are definitely some flavors that no other food on Earth come even close to.

I didn't know that about Nibbles. You are right about most of the Harp's delis being the same. But they do have a bigger selection there of cheeses than I've seen at any other Harp's. The Crossover location seems to have the type of customers that let it try stuff you wouldn't see in most other locations. No guarantees, but they have ordered in stuff for me before. I do enjoy French cheeses (along with others nationalities) but I don't believe I've ever had those.

Archived