Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

mcheiss

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw the new Taco Bell on 6th is going up pretty well

I noticed that last week. The outside appeared virtually done (building wise, I think the driveway needed to be finished) and I say people working on lighting in the interior. That's not a bad turn around time... it burnt to the ground in November or December, didn't it? So, say, three months for investigation, insurance, clean up, and reconstruction... not bad. That hotel across the street is coming along pretty well too, but I can't remember which chain it is.

I heard recently that HoneyBaked Ham is considering a Fayetteville location in addition to the location in Bentonville.

Welcome to the forum. :D I admit I'm not too familiar with HoneyBaked Ham. I do see there's only two locations in Arkansas at the monent, Bentonville and Little Rock. Is it a restaurant or like a deli or something?

Welcome to the forum. :D I admit I'm not too familiar with HoneyBaked Ham. I do see there's only two locations in Arkansas at the monent, Bentonville and Little Rock. Is it a restaurant or like a deli or something?

I'll answer that if I may, since I worked for Honeybaked Ham a while back. It's neither a restaurant nor a deli. It's where you can walk in and buy a premium spiral-sliced ham that is individually "cured" by hand while you wait. They do special made to order hams also. The curing process is the best part. They take a cooked ham and place it on a spiral slicer then immediately pour a special powdered blend of flavoring onto the ham and actually use a blow torch to "cure" the flavoring into the ham. It is then packaged in special wrapping to keep it hot. The result is the best tasting ham you can get over the counter.

They also ship nationwide, so it's a great place to stop by to send a gift. But mostly it's a great place to stop by for a hot mouth-watering ham without turning on your oven.

I'll answer that if I may, since I worked for Honeybaked Ham a while back. It's neither a restaurant nor a deli. It's where you can walk in and buy a premium spiral-sliced ham that is individually "cured" by hand while you wait. They do special made to order hams also. The curing process is the best part. They take a cooked ham and place it on a spiral slicer then immediately pour a special powdered blend of flavoring onto the ham and actually use a blow torch to "cure" the flavoring into the ham. It is then packaged in special wrapping to keep it hot. The result is the best tasting ham you can get over the counter.

They also ship nationwide, so it's a great place to stop by to send a gift. But mostly it's a great place to stop by for a hot mouth-watering ham without turning on your oven.

I love Honey Baked Hams. They are the best hams you can get anywhere, without question! I buy them for all my family every Christmas.

M

They've dug up ground at the front of Pleasant Crossing for Golden Corral.

And Red Lobster looks to finally be coming to the lot next to the Rogers Olive Garden. No digging yet, but it was in the news.

My understanding is Steak 'n Shake is going in next to Olive Garden in Rogers. Or perhaps that is just close by but not immediately next door.

M

Good news: India Corner, an Indian restaurant, opened on Friday at 208 S. 8th Street in Rogers (on 71 B across from Acambaro).

The bad news: It is, at this point at least, a bare bones operation in a horrible location. My husband decided to try some take-out from there tonight, and was less than impressed. It is buffet only, and there were five items on the buffet, plus naan (bread). The tandoori chicken was so-so, the samosa was not good, but the chicken tikka masala and naan were a passable. We are hoping that this is just the start-up offering, and that more items will be added to the menu/buffet. Not sure that the location obstacle can be overcome, though.

I'm really glad to hear about Red Lobster. I'm not ashamed to say I prefer it to Bonefish Grill any day. Gotta love those garlic cheese biscuits. ;)

You can actually get some sandwiches as some. At least, that's what I was able to do at the one in Bentonville.

Cool! I didn't really know the front-end operations since my job was curing (blow torching) the hams. It was just a short-term temp assignment, but was a fun experience.

Good news: India Corner, an Indian restaurant, opened on Friday at 208 S. 8th Street in Rogers (on 71 B across from Acambaro).

The bad news: It is, at this point at least, a bare bones operation in a horrible location. My husband decided to try some take-out from there tonight, and was less than impressed. It is buffet only, and there were five items on the buffet, plus naan (bread). The tandoori chicken was so-so, the samosa was not good, but the chicken tikka masala and naan were a passable. We are hoping that this is just the start-up offering, and that more items will be added to the menu/buffet. Not sure that the location obstacle can be overcome, though.

Cool, we finally got an Indian restaurant. Even if it is a bare bones operation right now. I just hope it can get over the hump and stick around a while.

I'm really glad to hear about Red Lobster. I'm not ashamed to say I prefer it to Bonefish Grill any day. Gotta love those garlic cheese biscuits. ;)

Thanks, Julles! I never would have known about this if you hadn't told us. Bummer, though, that the place isn't too good. That would be our luck!

M

Cool! I didn't really know the front-end operations since my job was curing (blow torching) the hams. It was just a short-term temp assignment, but was a fun experience.

That's funny! I never knew those hams were cured with a blow torch.

My understanding is Steak 'n Shake is going in next to Olive Garden in Rogers. Or perhaps that is just close by but not immediately next door.

M

The address given for Steak & Shake, which I'm also waiting for, shows 45th, which may actually put it nearer Taco Bell by the Promenade. Of course, the article where I read about Lobster could be mistaken about that location, too.

The address given for Steak & Shake, which I'm also waiting for, shows 45th, which may actually put it nearer Taco Bell by the Promenade. Of course, the article where I read about Lobster could be mistaken about that location, too.

I could be wrong. The owner of SNS told me he was going in by Olive Garden over there...you could be right.

M

I could be wrong. The owner of SNS told me he was going in by Olive Garden over there...you could be right.

M

So when or where is Red Lobster going? Olive Garden and Red Lobster were both announced to be built in Rogers. Here is an exerpt from the planning commision meeting meetings (back on December 16th 2006):

1. LSDP, Olive Garden at 1716 So. 46th St. in the C-2 (Highway Commercial) zoning district -Abney

2. LSDP, Red Lobster at 1710 So. 46th St. in the C-2 (Highway Commercial) zoning district -Abney

They are open right now. I actually called and they said they were open until 930pm. Maybe they were referring to the Seafood Place on West Avenue. I don't know about that one.

Sunrise Cafe has opened on North Garland just south of Tony C's on Garland (formerly Fuzzy's). It is open 24 hours. I had breakfast there on Monday morning very early and it wasn't so good. They are new so hopefully it will get better. The setup inside is very nice and if the food is good they should do very well.

Can anyone confirm or deny that Powerhouse Seafood has closed? Someone told me this yeaterday and I was shocked and upset about the news! This is very disapointing if it is indeed true.

They are open right now. I actually called and they said they were open until 930pm. Maybe they were referring to the Seafood Place on West Avenue. I don't know about that one.

Sunrise Cafe has opened on North Garland just south of Tony C's on Garland (formerly Fuzzy's). It is open 24 hours. I had breakfast there on Monday morning very early and it wasn't so good. They are new so hopefully it will get better. The setup inside is very nice and if the food is good they should do very well.

Thanks for the update on Powerhouse. The person that told me had went over there and said they were closed. It must have just been for a day or two, or he could have just been crazy. So that makes me feel better.

Can anyone confirm or deny that Powerhouse Seafood has closed? Someone told me this yeaterday and I was shocked and upset about the news! This is very disapointing if it is indeed true.

It's weird, there's been all sorts of stories of their demise in the last few years. They did have some financial troubles a few years back. Most of their paychecks to their employees bounced at one point. But despite it all, they've continued on.

Is it the former Fuzzy's or the former coffeeshop he had opened on the side of it? I've driven by there and thought I saw it at the site of the former coffeeshop. I haven't been in, maybe there's not even a wall up anymore for all I know.

Sunrise is where the coffeeshop was.

Is it the former Fuzzy's or the former coffeeshop he had opened on the side of it? I've driven by there and thought I saw it at the site of the former coffeeshop. I haven't been in, maybe there's not even a wall up anymore for all I know.

Archived