Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

mcheiss

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My husband and I went to India Corner yesterday. They had six items plus naan on the buffet. I was disappointed. The food was okay, but the selection was pretty sad-- no dal (!), curry, or matar paneer. They had some veggies and rice, tandoori chicken (really dry), samosas (not very good), some kind of goat in a sauce, saag paneer (good flavor, but no cheese. maybe it melted?), and an apple and onion dessert-type thing. For $8.50 a person, it seemed a little pricy for what you get. Maybe they'll expand the buffet a bit in time.

There were rumors that Habibi, the new hookah lounge on Dickson, was going to serve Indian food during the day, but I've since heard that it's not going to be Indian, but some other ethnic food. Anyone know?

Habibi does serve Indian food but it's only by reservation and right now their only offering lamb and chicken curry with an app, salad, and cream brule as dessert. I went with some friends out of curiosity and it was very good, great taste, and obviously freshly made. I do wish they had a little more to offer but i was told their in the development of a small menu that won't require a reservation. I've also been there a few times at night for the hookah and it seems to be doing very well so hopefully they'll stick around for a while and give everyone a few more indian food options! :rolleyes:

Habibi does serve Indian food but it's only by reservation and right now their only offering lamb and chicken curry with an app, salad, and cream brule as dessert. I went with some friends out of curiosity and it was very good, great taste, and obviously freshly made. I do wish they had a little more to offer but i was told their in the development of a small menu that won't require a reservation. I've also been there a few times at night for the hookah and it seems to be doing very well so hopefully they'll stick around for a while and give everyone a few more indian food options! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info! I'll have to give it a try.

No mention of food on the website, however!

M

Ya that does kinda suck. Their not promoting their food very well....especially for how good it is. Hopefully they'll add some more options and post them soon so we'll have more of an idea of what's going on!

I don't think this has been mentioned yet (although it would be the first time I had forgotten or overlooked something). But it looks like 6th St in Fayetteville is going to have yet another chicken restaurant. The Rockin' Chicken is looking to put a location there. It's apparently a Springdale based restaurant that's also looking to possibly put locations in Tulsa and Nashville. Here's their website although I've been having some problems with it.

http://www.rockinchicken.com/

I don't think this has been mentioned yet (although it would be the first time I had forgotten or overlooked something). But it looks like 6th St in Fayetteville is going to have yet another chicken restaurant. The Rockin' Chicken is looking to put a location there. It's apparently a Springdale based restaurant that's also looking to possibly put locations in Tulsa and Nashville. Here's their website although I've been having some problems with it.

http://www.rockinchicken.com/

They've already got signage up across from Lowe's, right past Wal-Mart.

Pinnacle Station is open. Very nice selection of gourmet items for sale, plus I like Pizza Rustica a lot. Had the New York Steak and the Tomato and Basil thus far. Delicious gelato and enticing pastries. Fresh looking seafood and meat.

I will definitely be a patron.

Signs went up this week for a new Shake's location in front of the Har-ber Harps store, on the other end of the complex from the new Flying Burrito. I was really hoping for a coffee bar, but alas my hopes are dashed yet again...now I just have to deal with my OTHER great temptation, frozen custard!

Signs went up this week for a new Shake's location in front of the Har-ber Harps store, on the other end of the complex from the new Flying Burrito. I was really hoping for a coffee bar, but alas my hopes are dashed yet again...now I just have to deal with my OTHER great temptation, frozen custard!

I"m glad Shake's seems to be doing okay. A while back they had closed a few locations and I wondered if they were having troubles.

• 2 weeks later...

3 Adult Clubs in the Area for Sale and More from Local Businessman

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/article.aspx?aID=105437

For those who are not aware, Tony Catroppa owns the three clubs (2 on North College and 1 in Missouri). While digging around it appears that he is selling at least 4 other businesses that he owns in the area.

The small diner on Garland which is open 24 hours

http://www.bizbuysell.com/cgi-bin/addetail...i=&q=367458

Business formerly called Fuzzy's and now is Tony C's Bar and Grill at 1313 North Garland

http://www.bizbuysell.com/cgi-bin/addetail...i=&q=367455

Sports Bar called Jerzee's at 326 North West Avenue (formerly Alligator's Rays, Tyson family actually owns the property through Bakery Building LLC)

http://www.bizbuysell.com/cgi-bin/addetail...i=&q=367175

Electric Cowgirl (across from the former Club West) 3530 W. 6th Street

http://www.bizbuysell.com/cgi-bin/addetail...i=&q=367457

Macaroni Grill to go to Branson Landing before NWA.

I just came across this news today while looking at the sbj website. If I remeber correctly the Macaroni Grille in NWA was suppose to open next year, but now they are putting those plans on hold to open another location here in SW Missouri at the Branson Landing. It's just crazy to me how many amenaties Branson has for it's size. They basically just got a Kohl's, Best Buy, Home Depot, TJ MAXX, Walmart, Sam's Club, and Target all in the same location about the same time. I posted an exerpt from the sbj.net article below.

Bruce Swisshelm Jr., director of operations for Macaroni Grill franchisee Swisshelm Group, says the restaurant will open in mid-August at Branson Landing, in the former spot of Piztros Pizza Bistro Bar, which closed earlier this spring after less than a year. The Italian eatery will fill 8,000 square feet, plus a 2,000-square-foot patio.

Springfield-based Swisshelm Group opened its first Macaroni Grill late last year at 1286 E. Battlefield Road. Next on the docket was a location in Arkansas, Swisshelm said, until Branson Landing caught their attention.

Macaroni Grill to go to Branson Landing before NWA.

I just came across this news today while looking at the sbj website. If I remeber correctly the Macaroni Grille in NWA was suppose to open next year, but now they are putting those plans on hold to open another location here in SW Missouri at the Branson Landing. It's just crazy to me how many amenaties Branson has for it's size. They basically just got a Kohl's, Best Buy, Home Depot, TJ MAXX, Walmart, Sam's Club, and Target all in the same location about the same time. I posted an exerpt from the sbj.net article below.

www.sbj.net

Branson is well suited to the immediate future economy, with travel budgets down people are staying closer to home and Branson is pretty cheap compared to many places that would be equivalent vacations. Personally, I hate country music and have no interest in the area, BUT there are a LOT of people I know who like it and think a 2-4 day vacation in Branson sounds pretty awesome. A co-worker of mine is taking her kids there in two weeks for a Thursday night through Sunday day vacation and figures she will spend about a third or less what a trip to the Gulf coast would cost.

Jason's Deli was pretty good. The staff seemed to handle everything well even though it was very packed, far worse than their typical lunch will probably be. I had the portobello wrap and it was very tasty, something I plan to replicate at home actually (with the addition of zucchini, I think my garden is about to start producing them like there is no tomorrow and they'll probably end up in everything I cook before long). My wife has the portobello on ciabatta and it was pretty good, but we both liked mine better. My brother in law got the Philly chick wrap and he thought it was really good. Overall a nice and large menu. The interior was not too over done and there was a LOT of seating, with the pretty low overhead they probably have (other than rent) they will probably do pretty well if they stay even half full at lunch and dinner which I think they easily will do.

Archived