Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

mcheiss

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, the red building is now painted green, I noticed on my way home. More evidence for Greenhouse Grille? ;)

Interesting. I wonder when they did that. I go by there on the Frisco Trail on the weekends. I don't remember it being a different color last weekend. But maybe I just wasn't paying attention. Anyway it does sound like something they'd do.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick shout for the Pinnacle Hills Arts Festival's newly expanded "Food Festival." Already one of the largest fine art festivals in the Southern USA, NWA's best restaurants, food and beverage retailers will be competing for awards and bragging-rights at this year's event, September 11-13th.

The newly renamed Pinnacle Hills Arts & Food Festival will feature the very best of the region

• 4 weeks later...

FYI, I got this email from Greenhouse Grille:

We are extremely pleased to announce that Greenhouse Grille will be moving to a new, larger location. Very soon, we will open up the doors to our new home, just around the corner in the building that was most recently Wilma

There is a new restaurant/bar in the Old Fayetteville train depot. It is called the Railhead Saloon. They offer sandwiches, burgers, salads and more. Let us know if you have tried it!

Here is the website: Railhead Saloon

Seems like I read or heard something about that a couple of months ago. I think it's the same people who owned something else there. I took it that the original idea didn't go over too well so they decided to change it over to the 'saloon' idea. Haven't stopped by there though.

FYI, I got this email from Greenhouse Grille:

I snooped around the building a little bit, and it looks really nice inside. They are renovating a lot of it. There's also a sign up on the outside, and like I said before, it's all painted green.

Yeah I never mentioned it but after you said something about it I noticed the green paint the next time I was on that section of the Frisco Trail. But I haven't stopped by to try to get a look inside though.

Seems like I read or heard something about that a couple of months ago. I think it's the same people who owned something else there. I took it that the original idea didn't go over too well so they decided to change it over to the 'saloon' idea. Haven't stopped by there though.

Yeah I never mentioned it but after you said something about it I noticed the green paint the next time I was on that section of the Frisco Trail. But I haven't stopped by to try to get a look inside though.

Railhead is actually very good. Fish Tacos are some of the best i've had. Also good burgers. They are very slow, business wise, so go by and eat.

Railhead is actually very good. Fish Tacos are some of the best i've had. Also good burgers. They are very slow, business wise, so go by and eat.

Thanks for the info. I know Flying Burrito offers fish tacos, although if I opt for fish I go for the fish burrito. Might be interesting to compare.

Oseguera's Mexican restaurant in Evelyn Hills in Fayetteville is closed. Their sign is covered up and the place looks to be pretty much cleared out. Anyone know why? They always seemed to be plenty busy, and their food was delish. The Springdale location, which is owned by other family members, is still open.

Anyone have details?

Oseguera's Mexican restaurant in Evelyn Hills in Fayetteville is closed. Their sign is covered up and the place looks to be pretty much cleared out. Anyone know why? They always seemed to be plenty busy, and their food was delish. The Springdale location, which is owned by other family members, is still open.

Anyone have details?

I admit I didn't go too often. But for some reason I guess I had thought maybe business hadn't been very good for them. Anyway thanks for the update.

Silver Joe's a new coffeeshop concept opened in the old Starbucks in Lowell or somewhere. I hear they are local and are looking for a Fayetteville location.

I think it's the old Starbucks on Pinnacle Parkway- it is supposed to open in time for the LPGA tournament activities starting Sept. 7th.

Silver Joe's a new coffeeshop concept opened in the old Starbucks in Lowell or somewhere. I hear they are local and are looking for a Fayetteville location.

I wonder how it would do in Fayetteville. Between Arsaga's and Starbucks along with a few other coffee shops might be hard to get started. I noticed Sunrise Cafe going to be opening a location on West Ave near Dickson St. Not sure if he's moving the current store or opening a second location.

Anyone have details?

Too bad. They were one of the few Mexican places that was consistently good and cheap.

I wonder how it would do in Fayetteville. Between Arsaga's and Starbucks along with a few other coffee shops might be hard to get started. I noticed Sunrise Cafe going to be opening a location on West Ave near Dickson St. Not sure if he's moving the current store or opening a second location.

I've always thought Dickson could use a true late night food place.

Where is Sunrise Cafe going in? The old Jerzee's?

I've always thought Dickson could use a true late night food place.

Where is Sunrise Cafe going in? The old Jerzee's?

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's where it's going. I'm pretty sure Tony C owns that spot. But like I said before, not sure if the current location is moving or if this is a new location opening. The current location could eventually be going away anyway. Something is going to have to be torn down to make room for the new Mt Comfort Rd that's being realigned over near Garland.

Sassy's Red House BBQ & Grille has opened at 708 N. College Ave in Fayetteville

http://www.sassysredhouse.com/

Sassy's looks really, really cool. I look forward to trying it.

Also - I agree we need some kind of late-night food on Dickson. Just a waffle house type place, except local and much more aesthetically pleasing than waffle house. Maybe Sunrise cafe can fit the bill, but I do hate to give money to Tony C.

Too bad. They were one of the few Mexican places that was consistently good and cheap.

They weren't cheap, though. It wasn't gourmet priced or anything, but give me the choice and I'd choose to go to Viejo almost every time over them. I actually ate there quite recently though, so I'm a bit surprised they're closed now- things seemed fine when I was there business wise, but to be honest, I'd decided last time I probably wouldn't be going back anyway.

• 1 month later...

Five guys Burgers coming to Northwest Arkansas within the next year or so. The franchise rights for Arkansas were recently bought and the Little Rock area will be getting the first locations. A possible 3 restaurants will be in our area. Ft. Smith, Fayetteville, and Rogers/Bentonville will be the likely areas.

Incase you have not heard of them: FIVE GUYS

More info from the NWA Business Journal: Five Guys coming to NWA

Five guys Burgers coming to Northwest Arkansas within the next year or so. The franchise rights for Arkansas were recently bought and the Little Rock area will be getting the first locations. A possible 3 restaurants will be in our area. Ft. Smith, Fayetteville, and Rogers/Bentonville will be the likely areas.

Incase you have not heard of them: FIVE GUYS

More info from the NWA Business Journal: Five Guys coming to NWA

Thanks for the update Colby. Yeah I had read that previous article that said there was no plans for any NWA locations. I've heard all the hype. Not sure if I quite understand all the uproar over what seems to me a burger place. Guess I'll just have to see if when they eventually get something open up here.

• 3 weeks later...

Feltner Brothers is a new restaurant in the Power District of downtown Fayetteville. They sell burgers and dogs and a few other things out of a small location. So far they seem very busy. Their food is OK--the burgers are good but the deep fryer temperature needs to increase to fry stuff right (in my opinion). Check it out.

M

Archived