Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

mcheiss

I tried it out the first day it opened. Good food at the buffet. They were out of a couple of items and the waitress was very green and unorganized. It was definitely worth going back and hopefully it will smooth out as the chef and staff get more experience. The only downside was a rather steep price for a lunch buffet - think it was around $9.

On the Indian cuisine note, made back to Aroma in Bentonville for the 4th time. They continue to improve their food and presentation. Still a bit stark in the interior, but they have lots of commercial food warmers, very tasty food on the buffet and had started offering Mango Lassi! The owner is quite soft spoken and it is sometimes difficult to find a person to pay, but the food is well prepared.

I hope that these evolve to the level of Star of India in Little Rock. My 6 and 8 yo beg to stop there every time we take a road trip in that direction.

Sorry to disagree but those are the two worst Indian restaurants--in fact they are the two worst restaurants--I have ever been to, period. Both have bad food, bad service, and no atmosphere. I love Indian food. Star of India in LR aint bad. It is 50 times better than these two awful little places.

There is another new Indian Restaurant in Rogers. Little India. The atmosphere is bad 711 meets industrial park, but the food is great, the people nice, and they use china plates and real glasses. I suggest you try it and you will be happier than the other two offerings...

Mark

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if Asian Fusion on S. School in Fayetteville is closed for good? Tried to go there this weekend and it was closed.

What day did you try? I'm pretty sure they're closed on Sundays. But if you tried Saturday, then I don't know, maybe it is closed.

What day did you try? I'm pretty sure they're closed on Sundays. But if you tried Saturday, then I don't know, maybe it is closed.

Yes, I tried both Fri and Sat and it was closed both days and the number was disconnected. There was a note taped to the door stating "closed until further notice"

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a few updates I'm come across. Looks like Chicago based Bat Louie could be coming to NWA. They're apparently looking at the former location of Granite City Food & Brewery up in Rogers. Dink's Bar-B-Que located in Bartlesville, OK has opened a location in Bentonville near the Clarion Hotel. And in Fayetteville Just Mondays is opening at the Nibbles location next to Liquor World. I don't think Nibbles has closed. I think Just Mondays is operating on hours when Nibbles isn't open.

• 2 weeks later...

Some more good news coming to Fayetteville on the restaurant side for a change. Two of north Fayetteville's vacant restaurant spaces might get filled soon according to the NWA Business Journal. The Meaux Dad's/O'Charley's building will become a Benchwarmers possibly a sports bar. And the TGI Fridays might become a Tilted Kilt Pub and Eatery. Tilted Kilt has around 30 location across the US and looks like it would be an experience...so hopefully it goes through.

NWA Business Journal Article: Sports Bars coming to Fayettevillle

Some more good news coming to Fayetteville on the restaurant side for a change. Two of north Fayetteville's vacant restaurant spaces might get filled soon according to the NWA Business Journal. The Meaux Dad's/O'Charley's building will become a Benchwarmers possibly a sports bar. And the TGI Fridays might become a Tilted Kilt Pub and Eatery. Tilted Kilt has around 30 location across the US and looks like it would be an experience...so hopefully it goes through.

NWA Business Journal Article: Sports Bars coming to Fayettevillle

Thanks for the updates. Nice to see you're still keeping an eye on us. :) Looks like I know where I'll be eating the next time my Brother in law is in town. The Tilted Kilt looks right up his alley.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a new restaurant coming to Downtown Fayetteville on the Square. Hjem, the Swedish word for Home (I think), is under construction in East Square Plaza (former Bank of America Building). It is described by the owner as a modern styled restaurant serving Northwestern cuisine with a Scandavian Influence. The owner shared a sample menu with me, and it is going to blow people away. Nothing like it in Northwest Arkansas.

There is a new restaurant coming to Downtown Fayetteville on the Square. Hjem, the Swedish word for Home (I think), is under construction in East Square Plaza (former Bank of America Building). It is described by the owner as a modern styled restaurant serving Northwestern cuisine with a Scandavian Influence. The owner shared a sample menu with me, and it is going to blow people away. Nothing like it in Northwest Arkansas.

Yeah you don't hear much about Scandinavian cuisine. Very interesting to me because I have a lot of Swedish ancestry. I'll certainly have to check it out. Hjem sounds more Danish to me. Although southern Sweden actually has a lot of Danish influence. Anyway I'll stop going off on a tangent here. :)

Yeah you don't hear much about Scandinavian cuisine. Very interesting to me because I have a lot of Swedish ancestry. I'll certainly have to check it out. Hjem sounds more Danish to me. Although southern Sweden actually has a lot of Danish influence. Anyway I'll stop going off on a tangent here. smile.gif

Danish may be correct. Can't recall the origin.

So glad to see something going in that building. I was really impressed with the facelift to that building and the Ball plaza building, but hated that East Square Plaza only had the bottom level full. That type of restaurant does sound very interesting (and as mentioned, pricey), but if they get word out and show the area they're unique, it could do well.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Flying Burrito is opening another store, this time in another state. Their sixth location will be over in Tulsa and the second outside of NWA. If things work well maybe they'll even possibly make a move up into Missouri at some point as well.

A little while back there was mention that possibly Tilted Kilt could open in the former TGIF location. Sounds like a couple of other empty locations in the 'uptown' area could be filled as well. A restaurant called Northern Exposure is looking at the former Smoky Bones location and Benchwarmers, a sports bar is looking at the former Meaux Dad's location. Not sure how all these possible restaurants will do, but it would be nice to see some of these locations filled with something else.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like Fayetteville is getting another Japanese restaurant. Later this month Meiji opens up in the Signature Square in northeast Fayetteville. They've even got a Facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fayetteville-AR/Meiji-Japanese-Cuisine/116267995072184

Also El Sancho Mexican Grill and Tequila Bar will open in the old Railhead Saloon. I think some of the family who operates La Huerta will be involved with this restaurant. They plan to serve food till 3AM in the weekends and will also have over 100 type of tequila. They also have a Facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fayetteville-AR/El-Sancho-Mexican-Grill-and-Tequila-Bar/109251059109353?ref=ts

A landmark restaurant has closed in Tontitown. Mary Maestri's has had some problems in the past but managed to work through and keep the restaurant running. Although there seems to be some hope that maybe something can be worked out again and the restaurant could reopen. But I don't know. Just seems like with all the problems that have happened in the last few years that they just couldn't manage to get things back to way they should. It's possible that it could reopen but personally I think it's not too likely.

Archived