Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

mcheiss

There certainly needs to be good options for good breakfast in the area. Personally, I am tired of IHOP/Waffle Hut/Denny's/Village Inn. Mimi's breakfast is good, but service there is horrendous.

Wesner's and Bob Evans are the only ones around here that I recommend to others.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The old Rib Crib building is nice, and empty for a long time. It is nice to hear something going in there.

and Andy's needs some competition in the area. I can go to Braum's and order ice cream for everyone in the bus equal to the cost of a single item at Andy's.

Had my first Maid-Rite sandwich today in Bentonville. Love the interior of the place...nice diner feel. Good loose-meat sandwich and cheese curds.....though the curds tasted a lot like Sonic cheese bites. The lady behind the counter was super-friendly and helpful. But....I was the only customer. Maybe they do better closer to lunch time. Glad to hear Damgoode Pies is coming this way.

• 3 weeks later...

Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers coming to the old KFC near the freeway in rogers.   I've had them before in Las Vegas. I thought it tasted better then steak and shake but not better than Five Guys.   Its a franchise started by a WWII Veteran in 50's.   Best of luck to them!

http://www.freddysusa.com/default.aspx

Good news all you Chuy's fans -- noticed this in the paper this morning on the Rogers Planning Commission agenda:  "A large-scale development plan for Chuy’s Restaurant, 4889 W. Pauline Whitaker Parkway, in highway commercial zoning."  Which would put it adjacent to the Walmart Neighborhood Market just west of I-540. 

Friend was praising a new place that took over the Wing Stop location over in East Fayetteville called The Taste. Said it was very good but a little pricey. Burgers and such. Let's hope for a better fate than others like Café Delta Blues.

There certainly needs to be good options for good breakfast in the area. Personally, I am tired of IHOP/Waffle Hut/Denny's/Village Inn. Mimi's breakfast is good, but service there is horrendous.

Wesner's and Bob Evans are the only ones around here that I recommend to others.

The Egg & I opened today. Huge portions and good food. Think they will do well.

The Egg & I opened today. Huge portions and good food. Think they will do well.

they had a private pre opening on the 21st... I've always wondered how do these places select who gets to attend the pre opening....

according to the article below the group will donate 100% of proceeds to the Tri-State Family YMCA..  not bad

http://www.restaurantmagazine.com/the-egg-i-restaurant-opening-in-rogers-ar-on-april-22nd/

they had a private pre opening on the 21st... I've always wondered how do these places select who gets to attend the pre opening....

according to the article below the group will donate 100% of proceeds to the Tri-State Family YMCA..  not bad

http://www.restaurantmagazine.com/the-egg-i-restaurant-opening-in-rogers-ar-on-april-22nd/

The people that attend are usually people involved in the process of getting the restaurant opened, friends and family.

• 2 weeks later...

I contacted Longhorn Steakhouse and inquired about when construction will start. This is the reply I received.

Dear Ms. [name removed],

Thank you for your interest in LongHorn.

At this time, we do not have a location in or near Rogers, AR, and no information to share about plans for a new restaurant in the area. LongHorn Steakhouse continues to grow, and our real estate team is constantly looking for sites across the country. Your suggestion will be shared with those responsible for site selection.

To find other locations, you may use our restaurant locator on our web site at www.longhornsteakhouse.com. Simply type in a city and state (or province), or the zip or postal code, and a list of nearby locations will be displayed. If no locations are displayed then there are no locations near your search point at this time.

We appreciate the time you took to contact us.

Sincerely,

Wanda

LongHorn Steakhouse Guest Relations

I contacted Longhorn Steakhouse and inquired about when construction will start. This is the reply I received.

Dear Ms. [name removed],

Thank you for your interest in LongHorn.

At this time, we do not have a location in or near Rogers, AR, and no information to share about plans for a new restaurant in the area. LongHorn Steakhouse continues to grow, and our real estate team is constantly looking for sites across the country. Your suggestion will be shared with those responsible for site selection.

To find other locations, you may use our restaurant locator on our web site at www.longhornsteakhouse.com. Simply type in a city and state (or province), or the zip or postal code, and a list of nearby locations will be displayed. If no locations are displayed then there are no locations near your search point at this time.

We appreciate the time you took to contact us.

Sincerely,

Wanda

LongHorn Steakhouse Guest Relations

recycled reply :-(

Well the sign is still up there by best buy at least.

Seems the Marketplace Express in Rogers and Burger Life in Fayetteville are victims of lease renewal disputes between owners of eateries and owners of the buildings. The restaurant owners claim they will reopen at new locations in the future.

Seems the Marketplace Express in Rogers and Burger Life in Fayetteville are victims of lease renewal disputes between owners of eateries and owners of the buildings. The restaurant owners claim they will reopen at new locations in the future.

Or victims of not paying their rent...

Or victims of not paying their rent...

I'm surprised the marketplace express lasted as long as it did...  I've been there a few times and unfortunately NEVER was treated with respect...  Employees were always rude... quit going there maybe 2 years ago..   They will not be missed by me.

Archived