mcheiss

Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

Heard from a commercial real estate broker today that Chipotle is coming to Bentonville on Walton just east of 540 (former gas station). Construction on the land has started, will likely be ~6 months before it's up and running.

I never found the food all that exciting.  Be a good place for a Portillo's if the darned chain would come here where so many Chicagoans are.

Look for Taziki's from Little Rock to take the former Burger Life and Marketplace Express buildings...

Heard from a commercial real estate broker today that Chipotle is coming to Bentonville on Walton just east of 540 (former gas station). Construction on the land has started, will likely be ~6 months before it's up and running.

My sources say that you are correct...

Shouldn't that be west of 540?  East is Rogers.

Isn't the land the Sam's and NWACC Bentonville. I seem to recall that it is.

Owner of the Doe's in Brown and Fay is under contract for the OPO. Don't know if it is going to Does or a new venture. If Does is moving, how bout a Flying Fish on Dickson?

Isn't the land the Sam's and NWACC Bentonville. I seem to recall that it is.

Owner of the Doe's in Brown and Fay is under contract for the OPO. Don't know if it is going to Does or a new venture. If Does is moving, how bout a Flying Fish on Dickson?

Doe's is not moving.

Smashburgers seem to be popping up everywhere. Anyone hear anything about one in NWA? I'm a big fan of Zio's too...would love to have one. Also Cantina Laredo. Aren't we supposed to be getting a Dunkin Donuts? I'm hungry I guess ;)

Doe's is not moving.

So, a new concept completely. That's a big space with the basement where Vanilla Ice once partied at.

Well the Old Post Office sale closed.  The buyer says a new business will probably be open sometime in August.  It doesn't necessarily have to be a restaurant, but that building is already equipped as one.  I guess we can hope.  I wish it would be a Chuy's or something similar.

Well the Old Post Office sale closed.  The buyer says a new business will probably be open sometime in August.  It doesn't necessarily have to be a restaurant, but that building is already equipped as one.  I guess we can hope.  I wish it would be a Chuy's or something similar.

Won't be a national like Chuy's. But, that's ok. I think it needs to be something unique and fun.

Question is, will it last longer than 1.5 years.  That building is a death zone for restaurants.  I'm not fan of chains, but why not try one there.  Break the cycle maybe.

Can anyone confirm that Cracker Barrel is going to build in Bentonville on the site of the closed Travelodge (exit 85)?  If so, with Chipotle building on the opposite side of Walton, that's going to really change the look of that side of 540.

Can anyone confirm that Cracker Barrel is going to build in Bentonville on the site of the closed Travelodge (exit 85)?  If so, with Chipotle building on the opposite side of Walton, that's going to really change the look of that side of 540.

They haven't closed on the purchase but it is basically done.

Or try something like a big sports bar, pool hall... Kind of like a Dave and Busters.

Good ideas.  Really, anything besides another local-but-middling restaurant that won't last.

Where is the old post office site?

Pretty sure you must be referring to the Old Post Office in the Fayetteville Square.

Thanks guys

Comreguy.....I have an idea. Why don't you just give a report every week on what you've heard? Spill your guts, man. ;). Inquiring minds want to know.....

• Like 1

Thanks guys

Comreguy.....I have an idea. Why don't you just give a report every week on what you've heard? Spill your guts, man. ;). Inquiring minds want to know.....

Haha, I'm happy to do my best to interject when questions pop up.

Apple Blossom Brewing Company has opened in Fayetteville along Zion Rd.  I was planning on trying it this evening but just found out they ran out of food over the weekend and are closed today.  Anyone tried it yet???