mcheiss

Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

Heard a rumour from a reliable source this morning that Bowman Hospitality is going to close the Union restaurant in the Chancellor Hotel at the end of October! They never got enough local traffic and the menu is to upscale for the type of traveller that stays at the hotel. 

Heard a rumour from a reliable source this morning that Bowman Hospitality is going to close the Union restaurant in the Chancellor Hotel at the end of October! They never got enough local traffic and the menu is to upscale for the type of traveller that stays at the hotel. 

Wouldn't surprise me

Also noticed yesterday that Sumo Sushi on Mall Ave near the Olive Garden in Fayetteville closed.  Over all not too surprising, that location really seems to struggle.  Although Sumo did last longer than I expected.  But with Shogun and Kobe there in that same area, just seems like a hard to succeed with yet another sushi place.  Especially in a location that every restaurant seems to struggle in.  I think it's going to take something 'different' to work at that location.

• Like 1

Muscle Maker Grill in Bentonville has closed. Went by yesterday and they have closed for good signs on all the windows

firmly believe people matter. Their customer service was terrible. Tried them twice and poor experience both times..

Chuy's across from Neighborhood Market is going up quick. Also, the land in between Pinnacle and Neighborhood Market has been sold... I don't know if it has been for a while, but I recently just noticed the Sold sign. I wonder what's going there. It's a big corner lot.

• Like 1

The Freddy's in Rogers is supposed to open some time in January.  Waiting for that, although more for the steakburgers as it would be hard to beat Andy's for the custard.

On the front page of the newspaper today, it said there is a 360 seat restaurant coming to the area in front of Target in Rogers at Pinnacle.  It didn't list what is coming but surely it's a chain restaurant at that size.

On the front page of the newspaper today, it said there is a 360 seat restaurant coming to the area in front of Target in Rogers at Pinnacle.  It didn't list what is coming but surely it's a chain restaurant at that size.

Twin Peaks...

^ Hopefully not, those type of restaurants need to stay in Fayetteville!  I would love for it to be a Cheesecake Factory!!

Edited by nwa_foodie

^ Hopefully not, those type of restaurants need to stay in Fayetteville!  I would love for it to be a Cheesecake Factory!!

No way!  Those type of places need to move out of Fayetteville!  Springdale can have them, they need the business :good: .  But, back on track in Rogers...It's a shame that something with a little more class is not moving into this space.  That restaurant didn't last 6 months in fayetteville, hopefully history will repeat itself up north, IMO. 

Was there a Twin Peaks in Fayetteville?  Don't remember that.

They're really working on Chuy's.  Even saw some asphalt.  Can't imagine they'll take all the way until spring.

If I remember correctly Northern Exposure was originally called Twin Peaks, but they had to change their name due to a copyright infringement suit.  They were never affiliated with the Twin Peaks that's about to come to Rogers.

I love all the holier than thou people who think "that type" of restaurant shouldn't come anywhere. What type is that? Another option to bring business, jobs, entertainment, etc to an area. I would think almost any business willing to being tax revenue and jobs to an area would be appreciated. Guess I'm glad I don't live in that area with all "those types" of people... Sheesh.

• Like 1

I love all the holier than thou people who think "that type" of restaurant shouldn't come anywhere. What type is that? Another option to bring business, jobs, entertainment, etc to an area. I would think almost any business willing to being tax revenue and jobs to an area would be appreciated. Guess I'm glad I don't live in that area with all "those types" of people... Sheesh.

We are right in the middle of the Bible Belt so public disapproval of anything that might be seen as risque is a given. Now what goes on when folks aren't in public is another matter. ha

• Like 1

We are right in the middle of the Bible Belt so public disapproval of anything that might be seen as risque is a given. Now what goes on when folks aren't in public is another matter. ha

Yes many religious conservatives don't like them, but plenty on the left don't either--think it's sexist.

I think these sorts of places are pretty sad but also would not turn them away.

A restaurant called Deluxe Burger is supposed to go in at the old train station off Dickson.

Is that still happening?  I remember thinking it was supposed to open in August.