Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

mcheiss

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heard a rumour from a reliable source this morning that Bowman Hospitality is going to close the Union restaurant in the Chancellor Hotel at the end of October! They never got enough local traffic and the menu is to upscale for the type of traveller that stays at the hotel. 

Wouldn't surprise me

Also noticed yesterday that Sumo Sushi on Mall Ave near the Olive Garden in Fayetteville closed.  Over all not too surprising, that location really seems to struggle.  Although Sumo did last longer than I expected.  But with Shogun and Kobe there in that same area, just seems like a hard to succeed with yet another sushi place.  Especially in a location that every restaurant seems to struggle in.  I think it's going to take something 'different' to work at that location.

Chuy's across from Neighborhood Market is going up quick. Also, the land in between Pinnacle and Neighborhood Market has been sold... I don't know if it has been for a while, but I recently just noticed the Sold sign. I wonder what's going there. It's a big corner lot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^ Hopefully not, those type of restaurants need to stay in Fayetteville!  I would love for it to be a Cheesecake Factory!!

No way!  Those type of places need to move out of Fayetteville!  Springdale can have them, they need the business :good: .  But, back on track in Rogers...It's a shame that something with a little more class is not moving into this space.  That restaurant didn't last 6 months in fayetteville, hopefully history will repeat itself up north, IMO. 

I love all the holier than thou people who think "that type" of restaurant shouldn't come anywhere. What type is that? Another option to bring business, jobs, entertainment, etc to an area. I would think almost any business willing to being tax revenue and jobs to an area would be appreciated. Guess I'm glad I don't live in that area with all "those types" of people... Sheesh.

I love all the holier than thou people who think "that type" of restaurant shouldn't come anywhere. What type is that? Another option to bring business, jobs, entertainment, etc to an area. I would think almost any business willing to being tax revenue and jobs to an area would be appreciated. Guess I'm glad I don't live in that area with all "those types" of people... Sheesh.

We are right in the middle of the Bible Belt so public disapproval of anything that might be seen as risque is a given. Now what goes on when folks aren't in public is another matter. ha

We are right in the middle of the Bible Belt so public disapproval of anything that might be seen as risque is a given. Now what goes on when folks aren't in public is another matter. ha

Yes many religious conservatives don't like them, but plenty on the left don't either--think it's sexist.

I think these sorts of places are pretty sad but also would not turn them away.

Archived