Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

mcheiss

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope the local Fayetteville restaurants don't go out of business. I can't think of any chains in Fayetteville that are worth going to on a regular basis except for Chilis or Olive Garden. As far as the rest go, I could care less. I do think Fayetteville needs some tex mex restaurants like in Dallas. Those would go over well. I love the chain mexican restaurants, but when it comes to seafood, italian, or steaks, I like the private restaurants best.

A large selection of restaurants is great and makes NWA seem like it's urbanizing faster than it really is. But redundancy is not what is needed here. Having 3 or 4 restaurants side by side that have similar menus is only going to hurt each of their revenues. I'm against any kind of restaurant row and feel that downtown should have at least half as many restaurants as the Mall.

I think one of the things that hurt overall is the combination of newcomers to the metro and more chains coming in. I don't think the newcomers always find out about some of the great local places before they automatically just head to the chains they already know about.

My favorite on their menu is the sweet potato fries.

Hey, that's my favorite too! Only comes 2nd place to AQ Chicken's sweet potato custard.

I wasn't aware of when MarketPlace Express opened in Pinnacle Hills as I just found a news article a couple days old stating they were now open. Which is typical of NWA's newsmedia! :lol:

I heard today that a Macaroni Grill is being built off of the Johnson exit, anyone heard that yet ?

I just checked their website and it seems Johnson isn't listed yet. There's one in Little Rock though. Their menu offerings sound delicious and moderately priced. I think it's great that Johnson is getting one as Johnson is going to be a NWA hot spot pretty soon.

Romano's Macaroni Grill

I heard today that a Macaroni Grill is being built off of the Johnson exit, anyone heard that yet ?

I hadn't hear that.

I was kind of hoping for them to come up to Rogers and build in Pleasant Crossing, or even the Promenade. It's kind of suprising.

I guess that would make them go in the Clear Creek Mixed Use Development than.

I hadn't hear that.

I was kind of hoping for them to come up to Rogers and build in Pleasant Crossing, or even the Promenade. It's kind of suprising.

I guess that would make them go in the Clear Creek Mixed Use Development than.

Awesome! That would be exciting news for all of us Fayetteville folks. I do think we need middle to upper class restaurants at the Johnson Exit. I mean James at the Mill is right there along with Clear Creek which are some of the most expensive homes in the area. That area could support a lot of upscale retail. I think Rogers should get a Maggiano's Italian Grill. It is owned by the same people as Macaroni Grill (Brinker International) and it is more upscale. They have these in major metros, i.e. Dallas, Kansas City. I would love to see more in Johnson, such as Starbucks, several more restaurants, some smaller specialty stores, a gas station near the exit, and maybe even Krispy Kreme. That's just my 2 cents.

Another aspect I'd like to point out if all this is true about a Macaroni Grill is that it's also far enough away from Fayetteville that maybe it wouldn't affect the local Italian restaurants in the city. We've already got one Italian restaurant chain, Olive Garden, in the city.

^

Granted that the new Macaroni Grill is only about 2 minutes drive through Johnson from Olive Garden. If you haven't drove Johnson Road recently you'd be astonished at how much it has grown. On the north side of Johnson there's a lot of new homes built catering to the HUGE expansion of Tyson Headquarters just down the road.

^

Granted that the new Macaroni Grill is only about 2 minutes drive through Johnson from Olive Garden. If you haven't drove Johnson Road recently you'd be astonished at how much it has grown. On the north side of Johnson there's a lot of new homes built catering to the HUGE expansion of Tyson Headquarters just down the road.

True, it's really not that far away but I think it's more of a psychological thing for people in Fayetteville. I think there's a bit more of a barrier because people here are used to staying in the city limits to do stuff.

Archived