Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

mcheiss

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw on the news in late January that three new restaurants were coming in, along as an office building, and a retailer.

Hunt is building a strip center with two Bowman Hospitality Concepts, Deluxe Burger and Roma. Also rumors of another smaller restaurant being built by Chuys. No names yet.

The Cheesecake Factory, Macaroni grill, Cheddars, Sullivan's, and maybe a California Pizza Kitchen could go by Chuys, they would do great.

While we're at it, let's get a Texas de Brasil or Fogo de Chão in there alongside them.  (Waiting for a metaphorical shoe to be thrown at me by comreguy...btw, comreguy I was only kidding about the Brazilian restaurants.  We haven't shown that we can even support a locally-owned such steakhouse in either Bennie or Fay yet, though I heard the one in Bentonville from 10 years ago, despite its impressive signage, just wasn't that good, unfortunately.  Wish the little Cafe Bossa Nova in Little Rock was franchising - he serves authentic dishes from Brazil and has a market selling groceries (i.e. Guarana soda) from there as well next door, along with a bakery...that seems to be a popular meeting place for the glitterati down there.)  :rolleyes: 

burnz34, I think many of those are looking for either the biggest or most remote areas (i.e. Anchorage), but I sure hope one or two of the restaurants you named are looking at that "500,000" threshold NWA is fixin' to cross this summer...

While we're at it, let's get a Texas de Brasil or Fogo de Chão in there alongside them.  (Waiting for a metaphorical shoe to be thrown at me by comreguy...btw, comreguy I was only kidding about the Brazilian restaurants.  We haven't shown that we can even support a locally-owned such steakhouse in either Bennie or Fay yet, though I heard the one in Bentonville from 10 years ago, despite its impressive signage, just wasn't that good, unfortunately.  Wish the little Cafe Bossa Nova in Little Rock was franchising - he serves authentic dishes from Brazil and has a market selling groceries (i.e. Guarana soda) from there as well next door, along with a bakery...that seems to be a popular meeting place for the glitterati down there.)  :rolleyes: 

burnz34, I think many of those are looking for either the biggest or most remote areas (i.e. Anchorage), but I sure hope one or two of the restaurants you named are looking at that "500,000" threshold NWA is fixin' to cross this summer...

I really would love to see some Brazilian markets or restaurants in the area.   :)

I really would love to see some Brazilian markets or restaurants in the area.   :)

Mith242, so would I.  Don't know if you saw the billboard up last fall on Walton Ave. just north of WM HQ from the Brazilian (pharmaceutical?) company, but I wondered if it was the first Portuguese language billboard ever erected in the state of Arkansas.

BTW, spoke with a lady from Maceio in NE Brazil a few weeks back who lives in Bella Vista.  She said there are getting to be a lot of Brazilians here now.  The owner of the Cafe Bossa Nova said he estimates around 200 Brazilians in the Little Rock area at least.

Zaxby's in Bentonville is too close to Pinnacle for another build. I think a Wendy's or Jason's Deli, would do well there and not affect the other local franchises. That said, I would rather see locally owned establishments infilling Rogers restaurant opportunities.

Landry's Corp has avoided this market so far. So much of their new stuff is themed restaurants though. Hell, They are even into the family amusement developments back in their home region with Kemah Boardwalk and the Galveston Pleasure Pier.

Darden has several other concepts that hasn't appeared in NWA, I figure a Bahama Breeze would do well. Where's the Joe's Crab Shack? Zio's? There's plenty nation chains that haven't appeared yet. Flying Saucer?

Landry's Corp has avoided this market so far. So much of their new stuff is themed restaurants though. Hell, They are even into the family amusement developments back in their home region with Kemah Boardwalk and the Galveston Pleasure Pier.

Darden has several other concepts that hasn't appeared in NWA, I figure a Bahama Breeze would do well. Where's the Joe's Crab Shack? Zio's? There's plenty nation chains that haven't appeared yet. Flying Saucer?

I think the big hope is that when the NWA metro hits 500,000 in a month or two it will open the doors to some of these others.

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw on the dept. of health website that a restaurant called 'Boneheads' is coming to Bentonville, just south of the Sonic on 102 and Moberly.  Confirmed it on their corporate website.  Looks like a fast casual fish place.

Mahi mahi on Moberly...fascinating. Great catch (no pun intended), Bubba!:  http://www.eatboneheads.com/

Nupe, I know it's a matter of personal opinion, but I always liked the Dixie.  Although I'm all about Arkansas changing and looking forward to what we'll see here in the future, I will likely shed tears if the one in Rogers ever leaves...been a Dixie customer on and off (i.e. when I was living in Atlanta) for decades.

I wonder how much the changing dynamics of the location Dixie had in Fayetteville had to do with their closing.  That whole area adjacent to College Ave there where the expressway joins it used to be great for restaurants, but as traffic has worsened and the area has opened up, there have been lots of restaurant casualties there.  I know Red Lobster used to do really well.  I wonder if they might not do better someplace else.

Once this whole foods happens, I could see some more of those largely vacant lots along NCA being converted to restaurant pads.  The access and visibility would be better than some of the spots like where Starbucks and Red Lobster are presently located, plus they wouldn't be competing as hard with the glut of eateries in that general vicinity.

I wonder how much the changing dynamics of the location Dixie had in Fayetteville had to do with their closing.  That whole area adjacent to College Ave there where the expressway joins it used to be great for restaurants, but as traffic has worsened and the area has opened up, there have been lots of restaurant casualties there.  I know Red Lobster used to do really well.  I wonder if they might not do better someplace else.

Once this whole foods happens, I could see some more of those largely vacant lots along NCA being converted to restaurant pads.  The access and visibility would be better than some of the spots like where Starbucks and Red Lobster are presently located, plus they wouldn't be competing as hard with the glut of eateries in that general vicinity.

I think this has been discussed before, but why can't the city connect the roads that run in front of Red Lobster and Target?  (The new flyover may make that harder, but it should've happened a long time ago.)

I think this has been discussed before, but why can't the city connect the roads that run in front of Red Lobster and Target?  (The new flyover may make that harder, but it should've happened a long time ago.)

They can.  It would require a bridge being built over Spring Creek between the former Ryan's and Red Robin, so it wouldn't be cheap.

Archived