Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

mcheiss

I've not heard of them looking in this area. They did announce recently that they were opening new restaurants again after a 7 year hold from their bankruptcy. I just wouldn't anticipate it will happen here soon.

Thanks, comreguy! That at least gives me hope for the future.

In other news, I was at Kennedy Coffee this morning, and I saw that the knitting store that used to be next door has moved out and a cold-pressed juice bar called The Vintage Farmer has moved in. They are having a soft open this weekend. I've been wondering when we might get a juice bar, as they have been all the rage for a few years now. I can scarcely think of a worse place to put one though. Even with the extra parking that was recently put in, it is still next to impossible to find a spot in that strip any time of the day. If only Kennedy would open a second location elsewhere to help spread out the crowds - alas..

Anyway, I already had my coffee so I didn't try it, but I did take a look around. Really nice merchandising and storefront design. I hope it does well.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like there is another Jimmy Johns coming to Fayetteville on MLK by Dunkin Donuts. There will be space for another restaurant/retail (probably a yogurt place or something) as well. This will be the third Jimmy Johns in Fayetteville.

The old church/homeless shelter property looks like it will be the last crappy property on MLK to redevelop.  I bet its worth a lot more now than it was just five years ago.

There's a lot of good information in the NWA Business Journal about the upcoming Belfry restaurant on the downtown Benonville square, and the relocation of PressRoom Coffee.

http://www.nwabusinessjournal.com/14014/belfry-pressroom-redouble-bentonville-restaurant-boom

The article mentions that RopeSwing is doing other projects in other downtowns in the region.  Anybody know where they might head next?  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like Captain D's fast seafood is invading NWA. The same franchisee that has Popeye's Chicken locally is bringing 6 Captain D's stores to the area. I know that there used to be a Captain D's in Fort Smith but I don't remember if there ever was one in NWA. I guess Long John Silver's is going to get some competition.

• 4 weeks later...

Roma Italian opened out of nowhere near chuy's. No fanfare though... Very pretty inside but they need to promote..

I think it was opened by the Theo's/Deluxe Burger/Eastside Cantina folks. You're right. I heard nothing about it until yesterday as a friend who is a bartender for EC and DB told me about it.

She got to try some of the dishes before they opened and said the food is fantastic.

Archived