Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

mcheiss

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, IronScott said:

Not even a blip. 

There must be more to the story then ... KNWA reported the restaurant operator saying the 'reason for closing is lease to expensive' - so what changed for the monthly lease payment to become an issue after operating in that same building since the 80's.  

Monthly rate increase, new lease terms, new development plans for that prime corner at the northern entrance to the U of A campus?

• 1 month later...

If you could take the old bank, the tworld AQ properties and the used car dealership and create one parcel out of it it might be worth someone's effort to overcome the flood plain issues but I'm just looking for a basic remodel whatever it is.

1 hour ago, TRB said:

If you could take the old bank, the tworld AQ properties and the used car dealership and create one parcel out of it it might be worth someone's effort to overcome the flood plain issues but I'm just looking for a basic remodel whatever it is.

That's a good point.  The little "outback" drive thru building was listed separately it appeared.  The Arvest has sat vacant since they relocated.  Not even an office user in there currently.  It would be a great property with the right ownership.

• 1 month later...

One Taco Bell closes and another Taco Bell concept moves in.  One of the oldest fast food places in Fayetteville, the Taco Bell on North College, has closed after being in business for as long as I can remember.  Taco Bell has come up with a new fast food concept that works better in more urban or entertainment areas, the Taco Bell Cantina.  As most of you Fayetteville people know it will be opening on Dickson street later this year.  It seems like everyone has a bad taste in their mouth (not just from the burritos) about another chain restaurant on Dickson.  Personally I don't mind as it is one less vacant building.  Do I want to see a McDonald's or Subway pop up next door to it, not really, but it is what it is.  So I guess I will have a beer or two with my Frito's burrito at some point in time just to say I tried it.  

On 5/19/2016 at 2:31 PM, strmchsr77 said:

One Taco Bell closes and another Taco Bell concept moves in.  One of the oldest fast food places in Fayetteville, the Taco Bell on North College, has closed after being in business for as long as I can remember.  Taco Bell has come up with a new fast food concept that works better in more urban or entertainment areas, the Taco Bell Cantina.  As most of you Fayetteville people know it will be opening on Dickson street later this year.  It seems like everyone has a bad taste in their mouth (not just from the burritos) about another chain restaurant on Dickson.  Personally I don't mind as it is one less vacant building.  Do I want to see a McDonald's or Subway pop up next door to it, not really, but it is what it is.  So I guess I will have a beer or two with my Frito's burrito at some point in time just to say I tried it.  

Over all I agree with you.  Sure I would have preferred something else open up on Dickson.  But I also don't get how some people seem to act like this is the end of Fayetteville as we know it.  Real estate and rents continue to go up on Dickson St and unfortunately that means it's going to be harder and harder for smaller local businesses/restaurants to locate in that area.  Another reason I'd like to see an area like the Mill District in Fayetteville to come around as a hub destination for local businesses/restaurants.  A cheaper more affordable place for them start out.

This area's growth is only accelerating.  I have only been back since August, and the number of stories about positive changes and stories coming out of NWA has been almost consuming, lol.  I agree, there needs to be another district for entertainment and nightlife purposes.  In order for that to be the Mill District, Jonson needs to be convinced that the increase in tax revenue from restaurants and nightlife options will justify they make efforts to re-brand the city from, "Bedroom Community Speedtrap" to a more positive identity.  In other words, ease up on the speeding or make some street improvements (roundabouts, widenings, intersection re-alignments) that will allow for faster and more efficient travel from I-49 to College.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On July 26, 2016 at 11:59 AM, nbomar said:

Copeland's in Rogers has lost its license due to tax problems. It won't be long for them now. The Doors will inevitably close soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ate there last night. Looked like they got their problems resolved. Liquor was flowing. Hopefully they won't close now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On August 20, 2016 at 3:55 PM, nickbenso said:

I saw a news article about a new craft beer pub chain that is expanding across the US. I went to the website and sure enough there is a location planned for NWA, Bentonville more specifically. Looks like it will be the 11th location in the nation.

https://growlerusa.com/craft-beer-pubs/

They are going to Rogers first, in the shopping strip just east of the Walmart nm at pinnacle hills

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived