Jump to content

mcheiss

Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, ecity3138 said:

The mall needs to add entertainment destinations (Top Golf, Main Event, Adult Bowling and Laser Tag Center, etc) other than just a regular movie theater in order to lure people back to the malls. People are no longer going to the mall just to shop but will dine at popular local or national restuarants as well as an entertainment destinations for nightlife activities such as the ones mentioned above. I agree with you in regards to Cheesecake Factory not coming here (despite Uptown Fayetteville rumors last month about them coming here) because there are no market for it. Most of their locations are in top performing shopping centers (ex: Wolfchase Galleria in Memphis, TN; Mall at Green Hills in Nashville, TN; Woodland Hills Mall in Tulsa, Ok; and Penn Square Mall in Oklahoman City, Ok) that generate millions of dollars in sales. I can't see them generate that much revenue at the Pinnacle Hills Promenade or anywhere else around Northwest Arkansas. The same goes for other high volume restaurants (ex: Pappadeaux) that are typically found in larger cities.

I know Top Golf was attributed as looking into NWA. I thought that piece of land in the southwest corner of the I-49 and Pinnacle exit that slopes off into a flood plane would be the idea spot.

The JC Penny's could be razed and your Dave and Busters placed there.

Now, I don't believe this area is big enough yet for either. But, if they are willing to start early and allow the market to continue to mature, let them go ahead.

 

I agree with the need for more of an Alamo Draft House type venue as well asan Imax type of movie experience and that would certainly be a good addition to Malco at Pinnacle. I've pitched that for the UARK Theater on Dickson where it would serve double duty ad as an educational experience during the day for schools and features at night.

The perfect place existed for the newer Adult Bowling type establishments, and that was UARK Bowl. The redo of that was a decade too early but a new build could get rhe job done.

 

Malco is tinkinging with the movie/FEC/bowling combo concepts in the Memphis area. There's a new build slated for Lakeland instead of additions

But, The Razorback screams that with the area between it and Academy

 

Heck, they're bringing back the mezzanine concept with an new theater in downtown South Bluffs area in Memphis.

 

They all serve food so it kinda fits in this thread.

Edited by TRB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Back to restaurants and the usual monthly update from Fayetteville Flyer.  This is one of my favorite things they do actually.  Good news is that there is more stuff opening this time than closing.  

Here is a link to the new restaurants for anyone that missed it:

Fayetteville Flyer Restaurant Updates

 

All movie theaters in Fayetteville will be offering more food and adult beverage options soon.  We are only a decade behind but I still think it's smart.  I still wish AMC or Malco would of just built another theater off of Wedington and I-49 for example,  They could of added an IMAX easily.  Even with the updates coming to the Fiesta Square theater, I will still prefer the Razorback 16 and I will certainly try the new Independent theater on Dickson.  Theaters are still experiencing declines in ticket sales so it's probably best they are not sinking millions into a new build. As far as a Razorback expansion with bowling and IMAX, I guess it could be possible in that area near Academy.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, strmchsr77 said:

Back to restaurants and the usual monthly update from Fayetteville Flyer.  This is one of my favorite things they do actually.  Good news is that there is more stuff opening this time than closing.  

Here is a link to the new restaurants for anyone that missed it:

Fayetteville Flyer Restaurant Updates

 

All movie theaters in Fayetteville will be offering more food and adult beverage options soon.  We are only a decade behind but I still think it's smart.  I still wish AMC or Malco would of just built another theater off of Wedington and I-49 for example,  They could of added an IMAX easily.  Even with the updates coming to the Fiesta Square theater, I will still prefer the Razorback 16 and I will certainly try the new Independent theater on Dickson.  Theaters are still experiencing declines in ticket sales so it's probably best they are not sinking millions into a new build. As far as a Razorback expansion with bowling and IMAX, I guess it could be possible in that area near Academy.   

http://www.bizjournals.com/memphis/news/2015/05/14/malco-goes-bowling-in-north-mississippi.html

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am somewhat encouraged that the Promenade Mall is an outdoor mall so there is much more flexibility in the types of retailers at the mall.  With that being said, there aren't that many retailers that are just super exciting.  If the center had an Apple Store, J.Crew, Anthropologie, H&M, Nordstrom Rack, Dave & Busters, etc, it would add to the appeal and get people excited.  The Banana Republic store is so small and isn't really appealing.  I do think they could do so much more to help the mall. 

If JC Penneys goes out of business, it would be a great spot for H&M to come into.  H&M is opening in Little Rock.  My take is that if PF Changs can make it here, then Cheesecake Factory should be fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/23/2017 at 0:11 PM, RemusCal said:

I am somewhat encouraged that the Promenade Mall is an outdoor mall so there is much more flexibility in the types of retailers at the mall.  With that being said, there aren't that many retailers that are just super exciting.  If the center had an Apple Store, J.Crew, Anthropologie, H&M, Nordstrom Rack, Dave & Busters, etc, it would add to the appeal and get people excited.  The Banana Republic store is so small and isn't really appealing.  I do think they could do so much more to help the mall. 

If JC Penneys goes out of business, it would be a great spot for H&M to come into.  H&M is opening in Little Rock.  My take is that if PF Changs can make it here, then Cheesecake Factory should be fine. 

Interestingly, H&M is opening two locations in Little Rock:  Park Plaza mall and at the new Outlets of Little Rock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2017 at 9:00 AM, Architect said:

Interestingly, H&M is opening two locations in Little Rock:  Park Plaza mall and at the new Outlets of Little Rock.

Yeah, I don't get that. Most H&M's I've seen are two stories.

It trends torward the younger folk and I think it would fit Fayetteville and the college area better. I would have figured a new smaller scale mixed use, outdoor center that included H&M, Urban Outfitters, anthropologie, apple store, Trader Joe's or Fresh Market and the other usual suspects on the retail side that's not bankrupt and still kicking along with an Alamo Draft House or similar concept and a couple of resturants would have been perfect for the Wedington area sans the traffic issue. I view the land across from the the Drive In ideal for this along with a couple of new of the modern concept hotels the major hotel chains have out there.

 

I still think a well done B-Movie themed water park would be the perfect complement for the Drive In om their unused land that was to be a second screen. That would also attract folks from Tulsa and the River Valley that would also boost the traffic of the retail aspect.

Now, back to the restarant aspect of the thread. Darden bought Cheddar's. Now we haven't seen all of their restarant concepts here in NWA we have some of the basics. I imagine this area will see a Cheddar's now.

A Yard House would be perfect for what I described above.

I don't think the area is Seasons 52 or Capitol Grill sized yet.

Naturally, I see all this going to the Don Tyson Area of Springdale. Don't discount that area as the stop gap for the northern and Southern  ends of the metro, thought it would be Pleasant Grove but thinking Springdale may surprize.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TRB said:

Yeah, I don't get that. Most H&M's I've seen are two stories.

It trends torward the younger folk and I think it would fit Fayetteville and the college area better. I would have figured a new smaller scale mixed use, outdoor center that included H&M, Urban Outfitters, anthropologie, apple store, Trader Joe's or Fresh Market and the other usual suspects on the retail side that's not bankrupt and still kicking along with an Alamo Draft House or similar concept and a couple of resturants would have been perfect for the Wedington area sans the traffic issue. I view the land across from the the Drive In ideal for this along with a couple of new of the modern concept hotels the major hotel chains have out there.

 

I still think a well done B-Movie themed water park would be the perfect complement for the Drive In om their unused land that was to be a second screen. That would also attract folks from Tulsa and the River Valley that would also boost the traffic of the retail aspect.

Now, back to the restarant aspect of the thread. Darden bought Cheddar's. Now we haven't seen all of their restarant concepts here in NWA we have some of the basics. I imagine this area will see a Cheddar's now.

A Yard House would be perfect for what I described above.

I don't think the area is Seasons 52 or Capitol Grill sized yet.

Naturally, I see all this going to the Don Tyson Area of Springdale. Don't discount that area as the stop gap for the northern and Southern  ends of the metro, thought it would be Pleasant Grove but thinking Springdale may surprize.

 

 

The Park Plaza H&M location in Little Rock will in fact be two stories (it is replacing Hollister).  The Outlets store is one story.

p.s.  There is already an H&M in Jonesboro, surprisingly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday, I drove past the Ruby Tuesday location in Bentonville that has been closed for several months and saw the building being torn down.  Most of it was already gone. Does anyone know if there is a specific plan for this land?  It's a prime location at 102 and Walton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plumbing records show that a Cotton Patch Cafe will be locating in what looks like the former Chili's on west Sunset in Springdale. I've never been to one of these.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2017 at 3:27 PM, TRB said:

Looks like the Dave and Buster's law is being tweeked for a NWA location.

How so?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, MDW said:

Yesterday, I drove past the Ruby Tuesday location in Bentonville that has been closed for several months and saw the building being torn down.  Most of it was already gone. Does anyone know if there is a specific plan for this land?  It's a prime location at 102 and Walton.

Not sure what they are planning to do with the land, but here ya go.

 

http://talkbusiness.net/2017/03/texas-developer-buys-vacant-ruby-tuesday-property-in-bentonville-for-2-15-million/

Edited by krt479
Additional comment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Buttered Biscuit opened yesterday in the old Boneheads location.   The menu looks amazing, and I am hearing really great things from friends who have visited.   

IMG_9864.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2017 at 0:44 AM, vbfl85 said:

How so?

By putting in a " county that borders two states" clause into the existing law that allowed the LR location to be built using a certain population and navigatable river clause.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Buttered Biscuit opened yesterday in the old Boneheads location.   The menu looks amazing, and I am hearing really great things from friends who have visited.   
IMG_9864.thumb.PNG.fd2c038b75d45f17094deb750735b7e4.PNG

Thanks for sharing this. I love breakfast food and this area is lacking in these kind of restaurants in my opinion. Menu looks great, they have a nice, simple website too.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TRB said:

By putting in a " county that borders two states" clause into the existing law that allowed the LR location to be built using a certain population and navigatable river clause.

So Benton county it is I guess. My understanding is that they've looked here but aren't ready to pull the trigger on a site. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, comreguy said:

So Benton county it is I guess. My understanding is that they've looked here but aren't ready to pull the trigger on a site. 

Miller, Mississippi, and Chicot would be eligible as well. haha. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The mall needs to add entertainment destinations (Top Golf, Main Event, Adult Bowling and Laser Tag Center, etc) other than just a regular movie theater in order to lure people back to the malls. People are no longer going to the mall just to shop but will dine at popular local or national restuarants as well as an entertainment destinations for nightlife activities such as the ones mentioned above. I agree with you in regards to Cheesecake Factory not coming here (despite Uptown Fayetteville rumors last month about them coming here) because there are no market for it. Most of their locations are in top performing shopping centers (ex: Wolfchase Galleria in Memphis, TN; Mall at Green Hills in Nashville, TN; Woodland Hills Mall in Tulsa, Ok; and Penn Square Mall in Oklahoman City, Ok) that generate millions of dollars in sales. I can't see them generate that much revenue at the Pinnacle Hills Promenade or anywhere else around Northwest Arkansas. The same goes for other high volume restaurants (ex: Pappadeaux) that are typically found in larger cities.

The tulsa and Memphis malls are deteriorating are a rapid pace also. The cheesecake in tulsa seems fairly busy when I see it, but other major restaurants in the 71st/memorial area of tulsa are closing doors quick.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, vbfl85 said:

Miller, Mississippi, and Chicot would be eligible as well. haha. 

I think it includes language about having pop above 200k, too.  Otherwise, yeah. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, nbomar said:


The tulsa and Memphis malls are deteriorating are a rapid pace also. The cheesecake in tulsa seems fairly busy when I see it, but other major restaurants in the 71st/memorial area of tulsa are closing doors quick.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, the Tulsa mall is always packed when we go. I see bags in hands, too. I'm hoping nothing goes out there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, nbomar said:


The tulsa and Memphis malls are deteriorating are a rapid pace also. The cheesecake in tulsa seems fairly busy when I see it, but other major restaurants in the 71st/memorial area of tulsa are closing doors quick.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wolfchase is doing fine in Memphis, it got it's Cheesecake a year ago. Malco is about to reopen a completely revamped cinema and Ikea open nearby along with a Dave and Buster's on the way. It has typical 'Memphis' issues and they are instituting the no unaccompanied minors policy that is becoming a trend due to the Flash Mob nonsense.

Now, Germantown is approving a new town center that will have a multiple Imax screen cinema, housing and hotels along with office and retail next to Saddle Creek(which recently expanded and remodeled)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Man, the Tulsa mall is always packed when we go. I see bags in hands, too. I'm hoping nothing goes out there. 

The mall itself seems to be doing good in tulsa. I was referring to the surrounding area. 1 block in each direction.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wolfchase is doing fine in Memphis, it got it's Cheesecake a year ago. Malco is about to reopen a completely revamped cinema and Ikea open nearby along with a Dave and Buster's on the way. It has typical 'Memphis' issues and they are instituting the no unaccompanied minors policy that is becoming a trend due to the Flash Mob nonsense.
Now, Germantown is approving a new town center that will have a multiple Imax screen cinema, housing and hotels along with office and retail next to Saddle Creek(which recently expanded and remodeled)

I don't go to Memphis except one time a year these days. I just hear from friends that live there. I'll take your word for it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.