Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

mcheiss

KNWA mentioned it was the Sushi King in Bentonville that looks like it had the salmonella problem. I think they mentioned 27 people were confirmed to have gotten it and there a possiblity of over 100. They also mentioned that Jose's in Fayetteville is having problem with a food company. Jose's often uses the phrase Ole for Jose in their advertising. But there's also a Jose Ole frozen food brand. That name hasn't been around as long as Jose's but I'm not sure if Jose's ever trademarked the phrse so I'm not sure where this is going but apparently Jose's has gotten 'papers' from the company that owns the frozen food.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another thing to consider is some of the local restaurants in Fayetteville will be packing up and moving to Benton County sooner or later. It's all about the money and the money is in Benton County. I'm sorry if this sounds mean but companies are already moving from Fayetteville to Rogers and Bentonville so it only makes sense that when more shopping centers are completed up here more will move.

To the contrary, Fayetteville is where the money is. Dear Lord, I will not even begin to list all the developments going on. Besides a few Investment firms, most are simply opening two locations. I also recall a little company (BioBased) deciding to pack up and leave the service dominated sector known as Benton County. Go on and throw another slab of meat on the buffett. Once the new wears off, everyone will just start driving back to Fayetteville. New Rich never works. Thank God for the University

To the contrary, Fayetteville is where the money is. Dear Lord, I will not even begin to list all the developments going on. Besides a few Investment firms, most are simply opening two locations. I also recall a little company (BioBased) deciding to pack up and leave the service dominated sector known as Benton County. Go on and throw another slab of meat on the buffett. Once the new wears off, everyone will just start driving back to Fayetteville. New Rich never works. Thank God for the University

I hate to rain on anyone's parade but Benton County really is where the money is. The list of developments costing over $5 Million in 2006 has Fayetteville with 12... Rogers has 18 and Bentonville has 11, that's 12 for Washington County and 29 for Benton County. That's not including the many developments costing under $5 Million going up this year in Benton County. The majority of new homes are being built in Benton County... mainly in west Bentonville and Centerton. Where are the Million Dollar mansions being built? Benton County.

And yes it is a good thing Fayetteville has the University because without it there wouldn't be a Fayetteville. On the same note I'll say without Wal-Mart there wouldn't be a Benton County. At least none that anyone would ever hear about or find worth talking about. Also, it was the Walton Family Foundation that donated $300 Million of the $1 Billion the University raised in the last couple years. Might as well thank the Walton Family for $600 Million of the $1 Billion because the catch was that the University had to match the Walton donation or lose it.

Washington County may very well be a buffet but Benton County is a coat & tie affair. :D

As I said before I think with the things are growing that it will be just a amtter of time before both Washingotn and Benton Counties can easily support most retail and restaurants. I'd really like to see some of the local places here in Fayetteville start considering opening up a locations up in Benton County as well. Granted not all of them are the type to have multiple locations and such. But I could certainly see some of them having at least one more location in the Rogers/Bentonville area.

New Restaurant News:

Ribcrib is going to build a location in Springdale, not sure where it will go but it could be finished by the end of this year.

Papa Murphy's is going to build a location in Fayetteville along Sixth Street, a Second location in Springdale in the Shopps at Har-Ber Lakes, and a undisclosed location in Rogers, bringing the total number of Papa Murphy's in NWA to 5.

A 8,348-SF Western Sizzlin’ restaurant will be built in Fayetteville along Sixth Street.

New Restaurant News:

Ribcrib is going to build a location in Springdale, not sure where it will go but it could be finished by the end of this year.

Papa Murphy's is going to build a location in Fayetteville along Sixth Street, a Second location in Springdale in the Shopps at Har-Ber Lakes, and a undisclosed location in Rogers, bringing the total number of Papa Murphy's in NWA to 5.

A Papa Murphy's location here in Fayetteville will certainly make one of my coworkers very happy.

Hey Matt, had you ever eaten at the Sushi King before?

No, I would never eat there, I heard from a friend a while back that the food wasn't of the best quality. I still enjoy the Lemongrass Thai, Shogun, and Panda.

Ah, I thought maybe you might have tried them out at least once a while back ago. So they weren't particularly good eh? I wasn't sure what to read into the restaurant from this problem. A bad restaurant or just a bad incident.

New Restaurant News:

A 8,348-SF Western Sizzlin

It seems like there are quite a few restaurants planned on 6th street. The two mcheiss mentioned as well as a Ribcrib, Starbucks, Zaxby's, Popeye's, and I believe another East buffet.

True, I wonder what are of 6th St all of these places are looking at. There seems to be a lot of growth along the southwest part of the city. Although I certainly wouldn't mind some more infill closer to the center of the city as well.

True, I wonder what are of 6th St all of these places are looking at. There seems to be a lot of growth along the southwest part of the city. Although I certainly wouldn't mind some more infill closer to the center of the city as well.

Some of the restaurants are going in around the Walmart/Lowes area. It looks like that area is really booming w/ new commercial development. Especially w/ the shopping center in between the two, then just across 6th street by the new Liberty Bank. I think that the Ribcrib, starbucks, and Zaxby's are going to be back east on 6th near the burger king and KFC.

Sorry Mith, this mostly just seems like your everyday sprawl.

It seems like there are quite a few restaurants planned on 6th street. The two mcheiss mentioned as well as a Ribcrib, Starbucks, Zaxby's, Popeye's, and I believe another East buffet.

That is excellent news.

Sixth street has been the ugliest major thoroughfare in Fayetteville for a long time IMHO.

Its great news that these restaurants are going in there. Each time a new development takes place, the property is updated with the city's newer overlay regulations for signs, greenspace and tree canopy requirements, making for a better looking entrance to the city and the university area.

It makes sense, too that redevelopment spreads in that area of the city as the population increases in the southern sector with redevelopment projects and the ever increasing enrollment of the university.

Another bonus for the Sixth Street area for entertainment and dining is the near constant activity provided by Razorback sporting events. Attendance has jumped considerably for football and baseball in the past five years, and those establishments will benefit from the pre and post-game traffic, mostly out of towners.

Big boost for the city's "hamburger tax" as well.

That is excellent news.

Sixth street has been the ugliest major thoroughfare in Fayetteville for a long time IMHO.

Its great news that these restaurants are going in there. Each time a new development takes place, the property is updated with the city's newer overlay regulations for signs, greenspace and tree canopy requirements, making for a better looking entrance to the city and the university area.

It makes sense, too that redevelopment spreads in that area of the city as the population increases in the southern sector with redevelopment projects and the ever increasing enrollment of the university.

Another bonus for the Sixth Street area for entertainment and dining is the near constant activity provided by Razorback sporting events. Attendance has jumped considerably for football and baseball in the past five years, and those establishments will benefit from the pre and post-game traffic, mostly out of towners.

Big boost for the city's "hamburger tax" as well.

I agree with you 100%, and with 6th street's proximity to the interstate it should draw even more traffic from out of town. People stopping on the way through for the hotels and restaurants. That area really is the first major entrance to the entire Metro when coming from the south (I-40). At least until the Southpass development on Cato Springs road goes in.

I don't know if it's officially open or if it is for how long but I noticed TGIF is open while I was out and about in the city recently. There was also an article about Racha Restaurant here in Fayetteville the other day in the paper. Racha is a Thai restuarant, but it looks like in April they will be making some menu changes and also start offering Vietnamese food. Interesting because I don't know if there are too many restaurants in the area that serve Vietnamese food. You may have to go down to Ft Smith.

I don't know if it's officially open or if it is for how long but I noticed TGIF is open while I was out and about in the city recently. There was also an article about Racha Restaurant here in Fayetteville the other day in the paper. Racha is a Thai restuarant, but it looks like in April they will be making some menu changes and also start offering Vietnamese food. Interesting because I don't know if there are too many restaurants in the area that serve Vietnamese food. You may have to go down to Ft Smith.

Thanks for the update Mith! I'm not really into Thai let alone Vietnamese food. I tend to stick to Chinese food.

This last Thursday I took my wife and son to Colton's in Rogers for steak but there was a 45-minute wait so we ended up going to Ryan's for steak (which wasn't that bad at all and cheaper to boot). What I don't get is this was a Thursady night and people were going elsewhere to eat because they were so busy. I can't believe that even with all the new restaurants opening left and right it's still not enough.

Thanks for the update Mith! I'm not really into Thai let alone Vietnamese food. I tend to stick to Chinese food.

This last Thursday I took my wife and son to Colton's in Rogers for steak but there was a 45-minute wait so we ended up going to Ryan's for steak (which wasn't that bad at all and cheaper to boot). What I don't get is this was a Thursady night and people were going elsewhere to eat because they were so busy. I can't believe that even with all the new restaurants opening left and right it's still not enough.

I keep forgetting there's a Ryan's up there. The Ryan's in Fayetteville was turned into a Fire Mtn Grille. It's still the same company but supposedly it is a 'fancier' restaurant from what I've heard.

Geeze, I don't think I've heard of one of hte places you've mentioned above, except maybe Papa Murphy's, Panda, and TGIF.

Looks like your area is a restaurant emporium!

Nice to see you checking us out. :D A number of places are local, although there is talk of quite a few chains as well. Guess these particular chains just haven't made it up to your part of the country. You also probably have chains that we don't down here.

Geeze, I don't think I've heard of one of hte places you've mentioned above, except maybe Papa Murphy's, Panda, and TGIF.

Looks like your area is a restaurant emporium!

You wouldn't believe the number of restaurants we have in Northwest Arkansas. I just can't figure out how they can always have a 30-45 minute wait to get a table. I guess with all these Wal-Mart Vendors and Suppliers moving up here none of them like to cook at home. Seriously though they can't open restaurants fast enough here. They're always so packed on a weekday. I guess that's good for their business but when I'm hungry for a steak I don't want to wait an hour to eat. :D

I keep forgetting there's a Ryan's up there. The Ryan's in Fayetteville was turned into a Fire Mtn Grille. It's still the same company but supposedly it is a 'fancier' restaurant from what I've heard.

Ryan's is pretty nice, for a buffet. It's not quite a fancy restaurant, but they do offer nice portions of fresh meats, large baked potatos, breads, and all the other typical stuff you would find in a buffet.

Also, the Backyard Burgers in Pleasant Crossing is officially open today.

That is great to hear, when I was by there a couple of weeks ago, I didn't think they would be open this quick. They have great burgers for fast food if you haven't had them before.

They used to have a location off Walnut in Rogers, but it closed a while back. I went by there Sunday and it was completly finished. It's good to see something other than the Walmart and the Arvest opening up there.

Archived