Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

mcheiss

I wouldn't bother with Church's in Rogers. I ate there yesterday and it was pitiful. The dining room is awful with only a few tables and no atmosphere (even for fast food), they were out of macaroni and cheese, the chicken wasn't even fresh (even for greasy fried chicken), they screwed up several orders, they didn't have any plasticware or even sweet-n-low stocked, the only condiments were some small tupperware bins sitting on the ordering counter, after we had been eating for 15 minutes an employee comes out asking if our number was called yet, absolutely no training (most likely due to all the employees being paid minimum wage), even the parking lot and sidewalk area is crappy.

Popeyes Chicken in Rogers opened with perfection and their starting pay was $8.00 per hour. If you're going to try Church's I suggest waiting a couple months for them to get trained and I suggest the drive-thru window would be better than submitting yourself to that crappy little box with windows.

LOL I guess this is one of your bad days.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL I guess this is one of your bad days.

Let's say my day didn't start too well when my family and I arrived at church only to find out services just ended. I was wondering why my pc clock didn't match the rest of the clocks in the house. But honestly I just expected more from a very popular chicken place from the South. I ran into my neighbor at Church's Sunday and he said it's nothing like the Church's back home in Mississippi.

Last night I was in Taco Bueno in Fayetteville. I asked the manager when they would be coming to Benton County, and he said they will be putting a location in Pleasant Crossing. He didn't give a timeline, but at least it sounds like we'll be getting a Bueno up this way.

Last night I was in Taco Bueno in Fayetteville. I asked the manager when they would be coming to Benton County, and he said they will be putting a location in Pleasant Crossing. He didn't give a timeline, but at least it sounds like we'll be getting a Bueno up this way.

The first one in Little Rock just opened, by the Baseline Wal-Mart. There are plans for several more throughout the metro.

Let's say my day didn't start too well when my family and I arrived at church only to find out services just ended. I was wondering why my pc clock didn't match the rest of the clocks in the house. But honestly I just expected more from a very popular chicken place from the South. I ran into my neighbor at Church's Sunday and he said it's nothing like the Church's back home in Mississippi.

No offense, but if you're looking for an "experience," you should look somewhere other than Church's Chicken.

The first one in Little Rock just opened, by the Baseline Wal-Mart. There are plans for several more throughout the metro.

No offense, but if you're looking for an "experience," you should look somewhere other than Church's Chicken.

My wife is from Louisiana and she loves Church's... she says it's nothing like the one back home in Lake Charles. And I wasn't looking for an "experience" I was looking for some "down home" country fried chicken. If I wanted an "experience" I would spin around real fast for a while then stop suddenly... but then I'm not sure what kind of "experience" you're talking about. :D

NWA just passed up Springfield in regional prominence, I think people in both places know that.

LOL.

The region forms the core of Springfield's area of economic influence that reaches 27 counties and 936,502 people including 7 counties in Northern Arkansas.

The health care industry employs 22,500 poeple in the region with the vast majority of 20,000 people employed in Springfield and the manufacturing sector employs nearly 27,000 people.

There are nearly 46,500 students enrolled in the 18 higher education institutions in the region.

LOL.

The region forms the core of Springfield's area of economic influence that reaches 27 counties and 936,502 people including 7 counties in Northern Arkansas.

The health care industry employs 22,500 poeple in the region with the vast majority of 20,000 people employed in Springfield and the manufacturing sector employs nearly 27,000 people.

There are nearly 46,500 students enrolled in the 18 higher education institutions in the region.

Would you please cut that out... leading off-topic on the same day is one thing, but to keep posting off-topic the next day is annoying... especially when someone moved the off-topic discussion back to where it belongs.

Thanks

LOL.

18 higher eds in the region??? Ha! Economic influence is not MSA. We could add the Fort Smith MSA to the NWA MSA if you want to throw in economic influence. Your facts are just outrageous. You are kidding yourself if you don't think NWA has more prominence than Springfield. You seem to live in a fantasy world.

LOL.

Interesting.

Do you have any idea how many Wal-Mart alone employs in NWA, let alone all of its affiliated companies?

As for health care, Springfield doesn't even have a VA but Fayetteville does.

That 936,000 figure is a MASSIVE stretch. MASSIVE. Show me a source on that one.

Please take all Springfield NWA Discussions to another topic!!!! This is getting ridiculous. This thread is about restaurant development.

Anyway, :D I'll give Church's a few days to get settled in. I've ate at them before in Florida and Lousiana and I do enjoy it, yet it has a strong resemblence to Popeye's Chicken, given they are owned by the same company. I'm sure it will do good in that area of Rogers, there hasn't been a whole lot of commercial development in the near center of the city.

I haven't heard anything on Taco Bueno in Pleasant Crossing, but if that's true, than Woo-hoo!!

I'm just saying, take this slug fest somewhere else.

Back on topic. :D

I ate at Church's today for Lunch, and I wasn't as pleased as I thought. The restaurant looks really bare, with hardly any tables and seats in it. The chicken and cole slaw was good, but the service wasn't the best.

I give it a C+.

Back in the 80s and early 90s, Church's had quite a few locations in NWA. Are they planning locations in all the major cities over the next few years, or is Rogers going to be the only one for a while? It seems like there are quite a few fast food chicken restaurants new to the area. Zaxbys, Popeyes, and Church's are all either opening or coming soon.

I ate at Church's today for Lunch, and I wasn't as pleased as I thought. The restaurant looks really bare, with hardly any tables and seats in it. The chicken and cole slaw was good, but the service wasn't the best.

I give it a C+.

Church's blows. Popeyes is head and shoulders better as is Grandy's. I'd take KFC over it as well, and in NWA most places are sick.

Of course if I were in NWA I would AQ once a week even though everyone up there claims it's only a shadow of what it used to be. I still love it.

I give it a C+.

You're more forgiving than I am. I give them a C-. :D

Back in the 80s and early 90s, Church's had quite a few locations in NWA. Are they planning locations in all the major cities over the next few years, or is Rogers going to be the only one for a while? It seems like there are quite a few fast food chicken restaurants new to the area. Zaxbys, Popeyes, and Church's are all either opening or coming soon.

I went into Zaxby's expecting fried chicken and ended up walking out without ordering because they only serve chicken strips, sandwiches and buffalo wings. Zaxby's is more of a Chik-fil-A... nice dining room though. Popeyes is still the best fried chicken and I understand we're supposed to be getting several more of them in NWA. KFC is a second choice, but there's also The Rockin' Chicken in Springdale and Slim Chicken's in Fayetteville and Rogers are a couple more chicken strip and wings places, and of course AQ Chicken in Fayetteville and Springdale... the Bentonville AQ burned down not long after it opened a couple years ago.

Church's blows. Popeyes is head and shoulders better as is Grandy's. I'd take KFC over it as well, and in NWA most places are sick.

Of course if I were in NWA I would AQ once a week even though everyone up there claims it's only a shadow of what it used to be. I still love it.

What do you mean "in NWA most places are sick"? Is that "sick" as in dirty and run down or "sick" as in the ebonics definition?

I've seen a lot of mention of Church's in this thread, so my question is... is Church's new to that market? Because to be completely honest, in this area Church's locations are all in the worst of areas. Heck, even Popeye's builds in decent areas with heavy traffic, but Church's seems to be drawn to only the worst areas. I'd even take KFC over Church's, but my ultimate favorite is Popeye's. Now, as far as just chicken fingers go, Raisin Cane's out of Baton Rouge is a fast-growing chain. Have you guys got one of those yet? If not, you'll likely be very haooy with it! They opened one here about a year or so ago and they are working on their second now. I'd expect to see a third pop up in Bossier later this year as well. Very good chicken fingers, Texas toast, fries, and Cane's sauce!!!

I've seen a lot of mention of Church's in this thread, so my question is... is Church's new to that market? Because to be completely honest, in this area Church's locations are all in the worst of areas. Heck, even Popeye's builds in decent areas with heavy traffic, but Church's seems to be drawn to only the worst areas. I'd even take KFC over Church's, but my ultimate favorite is Popeye's. Now, as far as just chicken fingers go, Raisin Cane's out of Baton Rouge is a fast-growing chain. Have you guys got one of those yet? If not, you'll likely be very haooy with it! They opened one here about a year or so ago and they are working on their second now. I'd expect to see a third pop up in Bossier later this year as well. Very good chicken fingers, Texas toast, fries, and Cane's sauce!!!

I think Church's and Popeye's are new to the NWA market.

I had Raisin' Canes once. Good stuff.

I think Church's and Popeye's are new to the NWA market.

I had Raisin' Canes once. Good stuff.

Try Popeye's spicy strips if you haven't already. Have the mashed potatoes with cajun gravy and load your biscuit down with extra honey. hell, get an extra biscuit too! Dang it, do this for me!!! My Dr. won't allow me to. :( Seriously, though... GOOD stuff.

And Cane's... yes, very good as well!!

Try Popeye's spicy strips if you haven't already. Have the mashed potatoes with cajun gravy and load your biscuit down with extra honey. hell, get an extra biscuit too! Dang it, do this for me!!! My Dr. won't allow me to. :( Seriously, though... GOOD stuff.

And Cane's... yes, very good as well!!

I love Popeye's spicy strips, with red beans & rice.

Popeye's puts KFC to shame.

Church's and Popeyes have, for the large part of their existence, primarily targeted areas with larger African American communities. NWA hasn't really ever had a large number of blacks and still doesn't.

Archived