Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

mcheiss

While I was driving around this morning I noticed some changes to some Fayetteville restaurants along College Ave. The Panda is now China Chan, there's also a sign saying it's under new management. Not sure what happened there, if the previous owners sold out of just sold the one. There's also a Panda up in Springdale too. Goldie's is now going to be Boston Mountain Grille. I noticed that there was work being done on Goldie's before. Not sure if it's basically going to be the same restaurant but a different name and an expanded restaurant or if this is going to be totally different. I have noticed the word mountain is showing up in a lot of names nowadays. The former Butcher Block is now Sugar Mountain Grill. Ryan's is now Fire Mountain Grill. I also thought I'd throw in that I passed a few cajun places. Cafe Rue Orleans is on College Ave. I don't know the name but I believe there's also a cajun place not too far away from the Square. Oddly enough there's also one on Poplar which is a bit of an odd place for a restaurant. It's called Gypsy Cajun Grill I believe. I also saw Petra on Center St near the Square. Looks like it may serve Middle Eastern food. I took a pic, I'll try to post it later.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Petra sounds interesting, I'll have to try it out sometime.

There's also a Panda up here in Rogers, very good.

Thanks for the updates.

I didn't know there was a Panda up there too. You'll have to take a look next time you're around it to see if it's changed also.

I didn't know there was a Panda up there too. You'll have to take a look next time you're around it to see if it's changed also.

I actually ate lunch there Friday, and it was still Panda.

Of course, the Panda I'm talking about could be owned by a different company. It's still a good cheap Chinese Buffet.

I actually ate lunch there Friday, and it was still Panda.

Of course, the Panda I'm talking about could be owned by a different company. It's still a good cheap Chinese Buffet.

It's possible but I really thought they were all owned by the same family around here. Maybe they just sold their Fayetteville location. Odd, I'm pretty sure it was their first one. Maybe it wasn't doing very well anymore.

It's possible but I really thought they were all owned by the same family around here. Maybe they just sold their Fayetteville location. Odd, I'm pretty sure it was their first one. Maybe it wasn't doing very well anymore.

It's pretty good.

My favorite cheap Chinese Buffet around here.

Oh, I enjoy all of them.

Can't get enough Asian Food.

Yeah I know. :D That reminds me I forgot to mention I saw another Thai restaurant I had forgotten about. Racha is over on College too. I can't name them all but we may have 4-6 of them.

But I'm a lot bigger on Mexican food personally, as you probably already know. I also like Italian quite a bit although not quite as much as Mexican. I'd like to find out some more about some of the Greek and Middle Eastern places around here.

Yeah I know. :D That reminds me I forgot to mention I saw another Thai restaurant I had forgotten about. Racha is over on College too. I can't name them all but we may have 4-6 of them.

But I'm a lot bigger on Mexican food personally, as you probably already know. I also like Italian quite a bit although not quite as much as Mexican. I'd like to find out some more about some of the Greek and Middle Eastern places around here.

Yeah, Cosmos and that Middle Eastern Place interest me.

Racha you say...

I'll have to go down there. Geez I have like 10 restaurants I need to go eat at in Fayetteville.

Yeah, Cosmos and that Middle Eastern Place interest me.

Racha you say...

I'll have to go down there. Geez I have like 10 restaurants I need to go eat at in Fayetteville.

Well to be honest I feel the same way and I'm talking about restaurants in my own city! There's also a number of places I also need to check out in the Rogers/Bentonville area too.

I think this is more geared towards Greek.

Foods like Baklava, Gyros, and Falafils are more Greek oriented foods. They could still have some mid-east foods but this seems more like Greek to me.

Yeah guess I need to learn more about the differences between the two types. Well guess we have a couple of Greek restaurants in the area. Now we need a Middle Eastern and Indian as well.

Yeah guess I need to learn more about the differences between the two types. Well guess we have a couple of Greek restaurants in the area. Now we need a Middle Eastern and Indian as well.

Does Fayetteville have a Hot dog Restaurant?

I just found out that Bentonville has a HotDog Alley which is near the Downtown Area, and they have a vendor stand outside the home office.

Just Curious.

Does Fayetteville have a Hot dog Restaurant?

I just found out that Bentonville has a HotDog Alley which is near the Downtown Area, and they have a vendor stand outside the home office.

Just Curious.

We used to but it closed a few years ago. Since it closed I don't know of any off hand.

I found out today I had forgotten about another Greek place we have around here. It's actually been here a while. For some reason I hadn't heard about it in a while and I guess I thought it had closed. Over in Evelyn Hills is the Acropolis. Three Greek/Mediterranean restaurants in Fayetteville. Something I guess I wouldn't have expected.

Oh yeah Matt I had someone recommend another Asian restaurant. Someone said Jade China in Evelyn Hills is pretty good. I don't think it's anything fancy, probably something like Panda. I can't say, I haven't been there since I'm not a big Chinese food fan.

Oh yeah Matt I had someone recommend another Asian restaurant. Someone said Jade China in Evelyn Hills is pretty good. I don't think it's anything fancy, probably something like Panda. I can't say, I haven't been there since I'm not a big Chinese food fan.

I've been to JD Jade China before. It is pretty good, but it is more like Panda. Thanks For the updates.

I can't believe Fayetteville has 3 greek restaurants. Do you know how many Little Rock has?

I've been to JD Jade China before. It is pretty good, but it is more like Panda. Thanks For the updates.

I can't believe Fayetteville has 3 greek restaurants. Do you know how many Little Rock has?

I have no idea. You'd probably be better asking someone in the general restaurant topic in the Arkansas forum. Sometime maybe I'll have to get you to tell me some of the differences between Greek, Mediterranean, and Middle Eastern food.

Yeah, it's a pretty fancy Italian Restaurant from what I hear. Can't wait to try it out.

You mean like Olive Garden? Okay, okay just kidding. :lol: Although Olive Garden isn't really all that bad. But I do know what you mean, a REALLY nice Italian restaurant.

Archived