Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

mcheiss

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed that Fire Mountain has closed. They took the signs down and there are no cars in the parking lots. Too much competition from Golden Corral maybe?

Also another Papa Murphy's is coming to Fayetteville. It will be in the old Mama Mia's location at 2195 College Ave. The location on 6th street should already be open.

I imagine they'll eventually get to it. I noticed recently that the Seafood market finally got around to taking down the awnings with the Bourbon Boys name down.

Do they have a time limit on how long they can keep a temporary sign up? I know that Lowell passed an ordinance banning unlit signage several years ago. I'm not sure about other cities.

Actually, Fayetteville has an ordinance on signage and when it is to be removed after a business goes out.

But does it apply to temporary signage on a business? I always knew Fayetteville had a sign ordinance, so does Lowell. Springdale doesn't since they allow pretty much anything. Bentonville has one as well. One of the points in it is that no sign can be flashing.

I noticed that Fire Mountain has closed. They took the signs down and there are no cars in the parking lots. Too much competition from Golden Corral maybe?

Also another Papa Murphy's is coming to Fayetteville. It will be in the old Mama Mia's location at 2195 College Ave. The location on 6th street should already be open.

I had wondered about how that location was doing. I never seemed to see a lot of vehicles out there when I went by.

Do they have a time limit on how long they can keep a temporary sign up? I know that Lowell passed an ordinance banning unlit signage several years ago. I'm not sure about other cities.

I can't say I've heard of Fayetteville having any ordinance on that. Just on how big the signs can be and so on.

For those who might be interested, I had the boneless pork chop at Bonefish Grill today and have to say that it was one of the best chops I've had in years. Great quality meat, cooked to my speciications. Instead of the side salad, I paid an extra half a buck for a cup of corn chowder with clumb crab --- excellent and that's someone who isn't crazy about crabs. Garlic mashed potatoes were so, so, but the size of the chop and the taste more than made up for that minor detail.

For those who might be interested, I had the boneless pork chop at Bonefish Grill today and have to say that it was one of the best chops I've had in years. Great quality meat, cooked to my speciications. Instead of the side salad, I paid an extra half a buck for a cup of corn chowder with clumb crab --- excellent and that's someone who isn't crazy about crabs. Garlic mashed potatoes were so, so, but the size of the chop and the taste more than made up for that minor detail.

Good to hear. We need more good restaurants in NWA. I hope some of these other national chains figure out that the demand is here and they would do well to open up in our area!

Good to hear. We need more good restaurants in NWA. I hope some of these other national chains figure out that the demand is here and they would do well to open up in our area!

Amen. I highly recommend PF Changs as well. It might be a bit pricy, but the ambiance and the food are superb. I'm still a bit dissapointed that it's a little small, but the restaurant is very classy.

An interesting piece of info from a co-founder of PF Changs was that the Rogers location does more than the LR location. It's good to hear that PF Changs is doing so well. He also mentioned the possibility of some more Pei Wei (owned by PF Changs) restaurants in Arkansas and LR.

An interesting piece of info from a co-founder of PF Changs was that the Rogers location does more than the LR location. It's good to hear that PF Changs is doing so well. He also mentioned the possibility of some more Pei Wei (owned by PF Changs) restaurants in Arkansas and LR.

I wonder if it's because the PF Changs in Rogers is still very new. I'm pretty sure I remember hearing that PF Changs was impressive in Little Rock as well when it first opened. I guess we'll find out after a while.

My husband and I had dinner at Bonefish Grill tonight, and here's my take on it:

Nice atmosphere, feels urban and chic. We had to wait 45 min for a table, but I guess that's ok for a Fri night.

However, after placing our order, we had to wait forever for some food of any kind. We would have been happy for bread, but 20 min later, our appetizer finally showed up. Bread and salad quickly followed, then we waited another forever for our entrees. The food was quite good, especially the bread with pesto and oil for dipping. My steak was better than average (though Oscar's is better), and my husband really enjoyed his mahi mahi with lime cilantro sauce. Portions are small-ish compared to most restaurants these days, but we were satisfied.

I would say if you like fish, you'll really enjoy this restaurant. It's very very different from Red Lobster - no combo platters of any kind, very little shellfish.

I like the pics, Matt.

The inside, at night at least, feels cozy, with warm golden yellow walls. My husband and I noticed and commented on the super shiny glowing wood floors- we can't figure out how they keep them that way with all the foot traffic.

There is a bit of a crowded feel to the place, though not too bad. Decor is minimal, although the main dining room has some pretty cool backlit metal sculptures along the back wall. The music was mostly jazz. One detail that was kind of strange and out of place was the paper on the tables. I half expected the waiter to pull out a crayon and write his name on the table, Zio's-style. I think there were cloth covers underneath, and the napkins were cloth, so the paper just seemed weird to me. I guess that's their solution to maintaining clean table covers. I think I might prefer bare wooden tabletops.

I think they are going for a hip, urban look, and I think they've achieved it.

I like the pics, Matt.

The inside, at night at least, feels cozy, with warm golden yellow walls. My husband and I noticed and commented on the super shiny glowing wood floors- we can't figure out how they keep them that way with all the foot traffic.

There is a bit of a crowded feel to the place, though not too bad. Decor is minimal, although the main dining room has some pretty cool backlit metal sculptures along the back wall. The music was mostly jazz. One detail that was kind of strange and out of place was the paper on the tables. I half expected the waiter to pull out a crayon and write his name on the table, Zio's-style. I think there were cloth covers underneath, and the napkins were cloth, so the paper just seemed weird to me. I guess that's their solution to maintaining clean table covers. I think I might prefer bare wooden tabletops.

I think they are going for a hip, urban look, and I think they've achieved it.

Sounds like they're trying to get new hires trained. I mean it is a step up from the Wendy's job they had just a week ago. :D It's not like there's a surplus of unemployed upscale restaurant professionals in NWA.

Eddie Haskell's owner is a Wes Cooper. He is the previous owner of On the Rocks in Fayetteville and family of Cooper Homes. Very nice but young. It will be a Sports Bar.

It looks like Eddie Haskell's Patio & Grill is going to open soon. I'm not sure what kind of restaurant it's going to be, but it sounds like a sports bar kind of deal. It will be in the Shopps at Pinnacle Hills as well.

IMG_0438.jpg

IMG_0439.jpg

Archived