Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

mcheiss

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't check. I was too excited to taking pictures of Legacy. :D

:lol: Yeah I admit I've had similar incidents myself. I plan on taking pics of something in particular and end up focusing on something like that and totally forget about it till I get back home.

I found the new Seafood Market building in Downtown Fayetteville. I didn't go inside, but it looked pretty nice. I only took one pic which really doesn't show much, but I wanted to give everyone a taste of the building.

IMG_0466.jpg

There's the big difference between Fayetteville and Bentonville restaurants. In Bentonville the permanent sign is put up before the rest of the restaurant.

Here's another shot of the Crowne Royal Pub. It doesn't look like they've changed the sign outside.

IMG_0309.jpg

This is a building that would immensely better if they painted the white plastic muntins on all those French doors black so one couldn't tell from 100 feet away that they are fake (the muntins). It seems a lot of people don't notice details like that but it really makes a difference.

This is a building that would immensely better if they painted the white plastic muntins on all those French doors black so one couldn't tell from 100 feet away that they are fake (the muntins). It seems a lot of people don't notice details like that but it really makes a difference.

I hate cheap french doors with cheap pop-in muntins. They'd look better painted anyway, though... they stand out too much. It's easy to pop those things out, spray a couple of coats on them, and put them back up. In the meantime they'd have totally unobstructed glass but it would only be temporary.

I hate cheap french doors with cheap pop-in muntins. They'd look better painted anyway, though... they stand out too much. It's easy to pop those things out, spray a couple of coats on them, and put them back up. In the meantime they'd have totally unobstructed glass but it would only be temporary.

Wow. I learned something of lasting importance on Urban Planet today! I had no idea what muntins were. Had no idea there were real French doors and fake ones. I had never paid attention. So, I just jumped up and checked our two sets (one in the office, one in the den). They're real. (Whew!)

Before I found this site, I also had no idea what "sprawl" was, or "mixed-use". When you really get down to it, I'm not a very observant person, apparently. :silly:

They may be waiting to turn a profit before spending money on a real sign or paint for the doors. I'd be hesitant to fix the place up any just so the next tenant has a nicer place. I care less about the doors and more about whether they serve real imported ales.

I went by Dickson last night and briefly saw the Crown Pub. It looked like they had a game of skittles going on.

I like to eat Skittles but they are hard on my teeth! :rofl:

They may be waiting to turn a profit before spending money on a real sign or paint for the doors. I'd be hesitant to fix the place up any just so the next tenant has a nicer place. I care less about the doors and more about whether they serve real imported ales.

The paint would cost about $10. They probably already have some--the doors are painted, just not the muntins.

M

The paint would cost about $10. They probably already have some--the doors are painted, just not the muntins.

M

Best thing about Crown Pub is the shuffleboard/bowling pin hybrid arcade game from the 70s they have in there.

I don't know what its called. But its fun.

There's the big difference between Fayetteville and Bentonville restaurants. In Bentonville the permanent sign is put up before the rest of the restaurant.

That's typical of new restaurant construction.

Downtown, almost all of the restaurants follow the same trend:

1) Temporary sign

2) Open for busines

3) Get liquor license within 90 days after opening.

M

Anybody know if it's maybe a British "thing" to have white muntins on a brown door?

That's Skittles. :)

Is that a British game or an American invention?

How was the beer? Did they have imported ale on tap or just the bottled stuff?

Crown Pub did have some good imported beers on tap.

I'm not a beer conosiuer, but I did have a couple of "Smithy's" or something that sounded like that.

Its a small cozy place, and it wasn't overrun with college kids. I liked it.

Smithwick's?

Could be, although the waitress referred to it as Smithy's I believe. She rattled off what was on tap and I pointed to what my buddy was drinking.

After a few Goose & tonics at Doe's, I didn't really care.

They did not have their liquor license as of two weeks ago, or I would have had a cocktail.

Could be, although the waitress referred to it as Smithy's I believe. She rattled off what was on tap and I pointed to what my buddy was drinking.

After a few Goose & tonics at Doe's, I didn't really care.

They did not have their liquor license as of two weeks ago, or I would have had a cocktail.

She probably couldn't pronounce it. It's pronounced "Smiddick's."

It's a good beer, kind of like a mix between a lager and a red.

Archived