Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

mcheiss

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess it has a different look to it. I obviously couldn't get a look at it. To be honest I'm a bit surprised that one pic came out so well just taking it through the window. Now there's another opening over by all the seating in the first pic. Not sure what the inside looks like over there either.

So, overall, y'all wouldn't recommend going to the Crowne Pub for about 7 or 8 folks to watch the game on Friday or would you? Is that a smoking allowed joint, or a no smoking allowed one? It sounds like the seating could be sketchy, but I'm just curious about how it would be to watch football for a big game like that. Go HOGS btw.

So, overall, y'all wouldn't recommend going to the Crowne Pub for about 7 or 8 folks to watch the game on Friday or would you? Is that a smoking allowed joint, or a no smoking allowed one? It sounds like the seating could be sketchy, but I'm just curious about how it would be to watch football for a big game like that. Go HOGS btw.

Smoking. Actually, it's not a bad place to watch a game. There's a nice plasma TV over the bar that you have a great view of from anywhere in the bar and there would be enough seating for a group that size.

I don't think they serve food, FWIW.

I'm assuming though that outside seating area was Wasabi's though since it had green seats. But I guess maybe that other door I saw was to it instead of another entrance/exit to Wasabi's.

The outside seating on ground level is Wasabi's, yes, Rod.

M

First it was Corky's who should have never moved from out by the mall. Then Big Daddy's, then Benson's, and now Wasabi's. I hope that they make it. I have heard that if you want beer/wine w/ your dinner that you have to bring your own because they don't have a liquor license yet.

First it was Corky's who should have never moved from out by the mall. Then Big Daddy's, then Benson's, and now Wasabi's. I hope that they make it. I have heard that if you want beer/wine w/ your dinner that you have to bring your own because they don't have a liquor license yet.

Wow. Is this place ticked away in a center or something? There's a shopping center here where certain restaurants will open up, and be VERY good restaurants, but they will usually fail due to being tucked away inside a center. It's a really nice center, and looks similar to the pictures shown here of your Wasabi, but that center almost always spells DEATH for great restaurants.

There are too many Asian-ish places on Dickson. I don't think it was the best location to choose.

Had dinner there last Friday, full bar service was available.

Wow. Is this place ticked away in a center or something? There's a shopping center here where certain restaurants will open up, and be VERY good restaurants, but they will usually fail due to being tucked away inside a center. It's a really nice center, and looks similar to the pictures shown here of your Wasabi, but that center almost always spells DEATH for great restaurants.

It's basically right on Dickson St which is the big entertainment area up here. I'm really not sure why so many places have had struggles there. But I think Wasabi can finally be the one to hold out there.

I don't think it will be too long. Seems like a number of places start off at the very beginning like that but usually it doesn't take long for them to get one.

There are too many Asian-ish places on Dickson. I don't think it was the best location to choose.

I can only think of two other Asian locations offhand. Do you think 3 is too many for Dickson? Granted I can maybe see it and Rice Village overlapping but the other one (whose name I can't think of right now) seems different enough. I guess I've never really thought about it from that standpoint. Jose's and Qdoba are both somewhat Mexicanish but I think they're different enough. Bordino's is Italian of course. Emilia's also has Italian but also has other Mediterranean cuisines as well. Of course most places are bars. I'm just glad everything just isn't the general American style food. It amazes me sometimes how many restaurants we have that overall serve the same type of food.

I can only think of two other Asian locations offhand. Do you think 3 is too many for Dickson? Granted I can maybe see it and Rice Village overlapping but the other one (whose name I can't think of right now) seems different enough. I guess I've never really thought about it from that standpoint. Jose's and Qdoba are both somewhat Mexicanish but I think they're different enough. Bordino's is Italian of course. Emilia's also has Italian but also has other Mediterranean cuisines as well. Of course most places are bars. I'm just glad everything just isn't the general American style food. It amazes me sometimes how many restaurants we have that overall serve the same type of food.

Bangkok Diner (sp?) is the other Asian restaurant and is right next door to Wasbi. The new restaurant going into the Legacy building will also be an Italian joint.

Has anyone eaten at Momma Z's cafe in Tontitown? If you have then you know they serve home made authentic Italian cuisine just as Mary Meastri's does, but in a more laid back setting, I asked aunt Zulpo if they ever thought about opening up another location in Fayetteville, and she said she was thinking about it. I think an awesome place would be around Dickson St. Of course this one would have to have alot better styling cues, but i think it would do realy well, especially because its great, cheap, authentic food, and you cant beat that.

Has anyone eaten at Momma Z's cafe in Tontitown? If you have then you know they serve home made authentic Italian cuisine just as Mary Meastri's does, but in a more laid back setting, I asked aunt Zulpo if they ever thought about opening up another location in Fayetteville, and she said she was thinking about it. I think an awesome place would be around Dickson St. Of course this one would have to have alot better styling cues, but i think it would do realy well, especially because its great, cheap, authentic food, and you cant beat that.

I've eaten there on a number of occaisions. Decent food and cheap. How authentic it is I would debate you on. I had an Italian grandmother and also lived in Boston where we had the North End. Mama Z's is very "americanized" Italian, at best.

I have to say that the place is very nice--very hip and very good food. It's kind of like a 'shogun light'--more of a sushi bar and bar with a full menu available, but none of the show you get at Shogun.

That being said, I totally agree with you about the location. They will have a difficult time making it there in the long term. It's not quite on Dickson, not really off of Dickson, but separated by a tiny parking lot which is always full and blocks the view of the restaurant from Dickson. Not to mention that the Rice Village just up the street gives them some very stiff competition for a sushi bar/restaurant. As it is now, Wasabi is full every night. I hope they can keep it going when the 'new' wears off, as I think Wasabi makes a very nice addition to the street. Time will tell, but I'm afraid nothing will make a go of it there until somebody decides to make that parking lot out front into a great streetside patio.

I have to say that the place is very nice--very hip and very good food. It's kind of like a 'shogun light'--more of a sushi bar and bar with a full menu available, but none of the show you get at Shogun.

That being said, I totally agree with you about the location. They will have a difficult time making it there in the long term. It's not quite on Dickson, not really off of Dickson, but separated by a tiny parking lot which is always full and blocks the view of the restaurant from Dickson. Not to mention that the Rice Village just up the street gives them some very stiff competition for a sushi bar/restaurant. As it is now, Wasabi is full every night. I hope they can keep it going when the 'new' wears off, as I think Wasabi makes a very nice addition to the street. Time will tell, but I'm afraid nothing will make a go of it there until somebody decides to make that parking lot out front into a great streetside patio.

Agreed. The parking lot is a huge barrier. I dunno why people don't get that (those who rent the place). That said, I think they will do fine there. The other places that failed there had a host of problems. Benson's, for example, had an owner with a drinking problem (at least that's what I heard from people who worked there). Totally different kind of restaurant from Wasabi.

Rice Village, Bangkok, and You Know Uno's (sort of on Dickson).

I agree with Apork, though-- too many Asian places on Dickson.

And I agree with OnDickson-- that little parking lot is kind of pointless (it's hard to get in and out of anyway, if you can find a spot), so if they could get more parking in the back or nearby, replace it with an outdoor patio

Archived