Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

mcheiss

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two new restaurants have been confirmed for Rogers. Olive Garden and Red Lobster will be built in the Pinnacle Springs Development off New Hope Rd and 46th Streets. Both will open by September 2008. Thank you to whomever announced this rumor months ago.

YEAH!

Two new restaurants have been confirmed for Rogers. Olive Garden :yahoo: and Red Lobster will be built in the Pinnacle Springs Development off New Hope Rd and 46th Streets. Both will open by September 2008. Thank you to whomever announced this rumor months ago.

The Morning News: Red Lobster, Olive Garden choose Rogers sites (and they may be open in 2007, Matt!)!

brownsville_station_front_cover-big.jpg

INTV%20kool%20aid%20man%20box.jpg

po_e_try_established_beatles.jpg

Rice Village, Bangkok, and You Know Uno's (sort of on Dickson).

I agree with Apork, though-- too many Asian places on Dickson.

And I agree with OnDickson-- that little parking lot is kind of pointless (it's hard to get in and out of anyway, if you can find a spot), so if they could get more parking in the back or nearby, replace it with an outdoor patio

Oh yeah I forgot about Uno's.

I've eaten there on a number of occaisions. Decent food and cheap. How authentic it is I would debate you on. I had an Italian grandmother and also lived in Boston where we had the North End. Mama Z's is very "americanized" Italian, at best.

I have to agree. Tonitown Italian may be good "NWA Italian" food that has been in this region for 100 years

And I agree with OnDickson-- that little parking lot is kind of pointless (it's hard to get in and out of anyway, if you can find a spot), so if they could get more parking in the back or nearby, replace it with an outdoor patio

Next time you visit the Bakery Building drive south on that little alley-like street between the Bakery Buildings (past J Gallery) and you will find a parking lot to the left directly behind the east Bakery Building and there is a good sized parking lot directly south of the Bakery Building that houses Wasabi.

For all of you that say Dickson Street needs more parking, you are missing these two lots. They've become my favorites because there always seems to be a space or two open in them. It's less than a block off of Dickson Street.

Come on all you "new urbanites"... enjoy Downtown Fayetteville's walkability... you don't have to park at the door of your destination!

It's always fun to explain to people unfamiliar with the area about the Spaghetti and Fried Chicken dinners at the Venetian and other places in Tontitown. You're right, none of them are really terribly good Italian places. In fact, my favorite NWA Italian restaurant is Ermilio's in Eureka Springs, it's better than Mary Maestri's by a mile IMO.

Yes... Ermilio's is EXCELLENT. Humble yet wonderful. I've brought many people up there and never had one walk away without a satisfied WOW. For those of you that haven't found it yet- don't look for it on Main Street or Spring Street. It's up on White Street and well worth the wait for a table (they don't take reservations.)

Call before making the 45 minute drive... they close for a couple of weeks in Feb and for a week in Sept.

www.ermilios.com

Yes... Ermilio's is EXCELLENT. Humble yet wonderful. I've brought many people up there and never had one walk away without a satisfied WOW. For those of you that haven't found it yet- don't look for it on Main Street or Spring Street. It's up on White Street and well worth the wait for a table (they don't take reservations.)

Call before making the 45 minute drive... they close for a couple of weeks in Feb and for a week in Sept.

www.ermilios.com

I've been there. It's a very nice little place, no doubt.

I will add that there are some darn good restaurants in Little Rock these days, also. Kinda far to go, though, for a dinner!

Next time you visit the Bakery Building drive south on that little alley-like street between the Bakery Buildings (past J Gallery) and you will find a parking lot to the left directly behind the east Bakery Building and there is a good sized parking lot directly south of the Bakery Building that houses Wasabi.

For all of you that say Dickson Street needs more parking, you are missing these two lots. They've become my favorites because there always seems to be a space or two open in them. It's less than a block off of Dickson Street.

Come on all you "new urbanites"... enjoy Downtown Fayetteville's walkability... you don't have to park at the door of your destination!

I agree, I don't think there has to be parking right in front of anyone's particular destination on Dickson. The only time I've seen problems with the WAC parking lot is on weekend nights.

I've been there. It's a very nice little place, no doubt.

I will add that there are some darn good restaurants in Little Rock these days, also. Kinda far to go, though, for a dinner!

Yeah I've been hearing a lot about Little Rock's restaurant scene. And most of them aren't chains either. But then again they are quite a bit larger and can support some of these more easily than we can.

Looks like Bojangels will be opening in Bentonville in the last week of December. I'm pretty sure Bojangles is off South Walton Blvd but not sure the intersection.

Are they planning other locations in NWA? It seems like there has been a huge influx of fast food chicken restaurants lately. Church's, Popeye's, Zaxby's and there is probably one I am forgeting.

Also there is another Chick-Fil-A coming to Rogers at the Prominade, I can't remember if anyone has mentioned it before.

Are they planning other locations in NWA? It seems like there has been a huge influx of fast food chicken restaurants lately. Church's, Popeye's, Zaxby's and there is probably one I am forgeting.

Also there is another Chick-Fil-A coming to Rogers at the Prominade, I can't remember if anyone has mentioned it before.

Chick Fil A isn't coming to the Promenade, it's coming to Tuscany Square which is about 1 1/2 miles down the road on Pleasant Grove Road.

I think Bojangles is planning on having 5 locations in NWA by the end of 2008.

Also Slim Chickens. I'm kind of surprised that they've all survived so far. I expected Slim Chickens and Zaxby's to bite the dust pretty quickly.

Also Slim Chickens. I'm kind of surprised that they've all survived so far. I expected Slim Chickens and Zaxby's to bite the dust pretty quickly.

Slim's does relatively good in Rogers on the lunch hour. Zaxby's will stay since they're planning 11 locations in NWA within the next 5 years.

Yeah, but Slim Chickens is a local restaurant and has been in Fayetteville for 3 or 4 years at least. But it is still a chicken place. I guess you could add Buffalo Wild Wings, Wingstop, and Foghorns too. They are all somewhat new.

Yeah, but Slim Chickens is a local restaurant and has been in Fayetteville for 3 or 4 years at least. But it is still a chicken place. I guess you could add Buffalo Wild Wings, Wingstop, and Foghorns too. They are all somewhat new.

Foghorns and BWW (not sure about Wingstop...never heard of it...) are definitely more sports bar than fast food chicken places, so I doubt there is any competition at all between them and Zaxby's, Popeye's, et al.

Foghorns and BWW (not sure about Wingstop...never heard of it...) are definitely more sports bar than fast food chicken places, so I doubt there is any competition at all between them and Zaxby's, Popeye's, et al.

Wingstop is out in east Fayetteville near the Walmart Neighborhood Market. It's somewhere between Fast Food and a sports bar. Pretty good wings.

Slim's here in Fayetteville is actually doing reasonably well. I understand they are profitable. I think they have very good chicken--better than most--because it is never frozen.

Slim's here in Fayetteville is actually doing reasonably well. I understand they are profitable. I think they have very good chicken--better than most--because it is never frozen.

The thing I have against Slim Chicken is that there's hardly any flavor. The chicken is cooked well and has nice texture, but hardly any flavor. I guess that's why they have sauces there though.

Archived