Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

mcheiss

Are they planning other locations in NWA? It seems like there has been a huge influx of fast food chicken restaurants lately. Church's, Popeye's, Zaxby's and there is probably one I am forgeting.

Also there is another Chick-Fil-A coming to Rogers at the Prominade, I can't remember if anyone has mentioned it before.

Yeah all the fast food chicken places have finally recognized Tyson's contribution. Although ironically Tyson could soon lose it's lead in the poultry industry.

Slim's here in Fayetteville is actually doing reasonably well. I understand they are profitable. I think they have very good chicken--better than most--because it is never frozen.

Yeah it's nice to see a local chicken place as well as all the chains.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Noone mentioned The Rockin' Chicken in Springdale so here it is. It's a local Springdale fast-food chicken chain that's fixing to take the country by storm. It sounds quite a bit nicer or at least more unique than Slim Chickens and Zaxby's, I really don't like either. Here's the website for The Rockin' Chicken.

The thing I have against Slim Chicken is that there's hardly any flavor. The chicken is cooked well and has nice texture, but hardly any flavor. I guess that's why they have sauces there though.

Blasphemy! Slim Chicken's delicious sauces and premium chicken are hailed by chicken-wing afficieanados such as Matt Jones and myself as the best chicken-wings in the state. If you want the ranking here in NWA:

1. Slim Chicken's

2. BWW

3. Wingstop

4. Hooter's

5. Foghorn's

6. All others

My entire family is Italian, the recipes are authentic, traditional ,and have been passed down from generation to generation for over 150 years now ever since they originated from New York, after leaving the old country, all the Italian resturaunts in Tontitown, while having some american ammenities, are all family owned and all use pretty much the same recipes from our heritage cook book, you can actually buy the cook book at the Tontitown museum. While having some differences here and there, I assure you, it's authentic. :)

I'm taking it you've never been to Italy.

I think the Tontitown folks lost their roots during the exile in Lake Village.

Blasphemy! Slim Chicken's delicious sauces and premium chicken are hailed by chicken-wing afficieanados such as Matt Jones and myself as the best chicken-wings in the state. If you want the ranking here in NWA:

1. Slim Chicken's

2. BWW

3. Wingstop

4. Hooter's

5. Foghorn's

6. All others

:D I didn't know that Matt Jones was a wing afficieanado???

I still like Buffalo Wild Wings followed by Wingstop then Slim Chickens. Actually I like just about any place I can get wings a beer and a football game.

:D I didn't know that Matt Jones was a wing afficieanado???

I still like Buffalo Wild Wings followed by Wingstop then Slim Chickens. Actually I like just about any place I can get wings a beer and a football game.

Well, I can't say for sure, but Slim Chicken's uses Jones' quotes in advertisement.

BWW makes decent wings, no doubt, the problem is the consistency. Sometimes, they are undercooked or served cold. They do have something more to offer in terms of atmosphere and entertainment.

One thing Slim Chicken's gets killed on is price. They are the most expensive and never offer special deal, such as: Monday nights you can get all you can eat wings at BWW--but be prepared for some of those cold and/or undercooked wings.

I do like Wingstop, but I find a larger percentage of small and broken wings in their orders. Of course, you get these at all places, but less at Slim's.

The hottest wings in town? Foghorn's insanity wings. Nobody makes a hotter wing.

Cheesecake Factory is coming to the Promenade by the Malco. Heard at Borders this evening from the management.

That is really shocking. Oklahoma City just got one earlier this year but they have a metro population of over 1 million. The nearest location is either OKC or Kansas City.

Here is a link to the locations of the restaurant: Cheesecake Locations

Just how big is Boise, ID? They're putting one there. Can't be much bigger metro than here, if it is.

I believe it is a bigger metro. I think the city itself is larger than Little Rock but the metro is probably around the same as Little Rock's metro.

I believe it is a bigger metro. I think the city itself is larger than Little Rock but the metro is probably around the same as Little Rock's metro.

It's somewhere between LR and NWA in population.

Naples, FL has one and it's much smaller than NWA but it's also a tourist town and considerably wealthier (it also has a Saks, etc).

It's somewhere between LR and NWA in population.

Naples, FL has one and it's much smaller than NWA but it's also a tourist town and considerably wealthier (it also has a Saks, etc).

Yeah, I was going to mention some of the Florida locations, but I figured tourism fluctuated it.

I'm taking it you've never been to Italy.

I think the Tontitown folks lost their roots during the exile in Lake Village.

Amen to that comment. Tontitown Italian is definitely Americanized. I'm sorry if we disagree on this but I do know better. It's not like any Italian cooking I have had. Not to say that it's bad--it's great--but it is not like the Italians do it.

As far as College Ave. restaurants go, it looks like the good employees of Sassafras have packed up and pulled out. They weren't open but one day last week and were not open all weekend. Sunday brunch is usually a big day for them. I am afraid that's the end. They had some good people working there who gave it a valiant effort and had a loyal following. If this is the end, I hope the all get re-employed somewhere where it works out better. And I hope we get another, better financed restaurant in the Sassafras site.

Anyone have any insight on Gonzales Mexican restaurant? No activity there whatsoever.

College Ave. gets more and more barren......

As far as College Ave. restaurants go, it looks like the good employees of Sassafras have packed up and pulled out. They weren't open but one day last week and were not open all weekend. Sunday brunch is usually a big day for them. I am afraid that's the end. They had some good people working there who gave it a valiant effort and had a loyal following. If this is the end, I hope the all get re-employed somewhere where it works out better. And I hope we get another, better financed restaurant in the Sassafras site.

Anyone have any insight on Gonzales Mexican restaurant? No activity there whatsoever.

It's kinda weird but the Flying Burrito has a big banner out front that says "WE'RE STILL OPEN". Must be bad when restaurants have to advertise that they're still in business.

It's kinda weird but the Flying Burrito has a big banner out front that says "WE'RE STILL OPEN". Must be bad when restaurants have to advertise that they're still in business.

They have/had been doing a lot of construction on their new patio out front and the sign was just there so that people knew they hadn't closed down while all of that was going on

Nothing too exciting to report just waiting to see when the insurance will be settled. The owners live in China so it takes even longer to get anything done.

Archived