Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

mcheiss

Yeah, Gonzales is pretty much gone. I was just letting you know that something would at least be done with the building at some time in the future. Hopefully by spring or before but I can't prmise anything.

I have no clue what happened to Sassafras, I've been there a few times and thought that the food and service was great. But prices may have been a bit high and I always forgot about the restaurant.

I think it's the location. I don't recall seeing any restaurant doing that well there.

I'm as sure about the planned Rogers Shogun as I am sure there's a Shogun in Bentonville, since architects Miller Boskus Lack also designed the Bentonville Shogun. Miller Boskus Lack also designed the new Shogun being constructed in Fayetteville. Why would the architect put it on their website if they weren't paid to design a Shogun in Rogers. It must be a very new project for them because they are using pictures of an existing restaurant.

Could it be possible they had been looking at a Bentonville location originally when they designed the building and then changed their minds and then relocated it to Rogers instead? But hey I'm not saying it's not possible that they want three locations here. :D

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went by downtown Bentonville yesterday. Java on the Square is now open. They were placing the large sign on the building. I have to say that Downtown Bentonville has it going on, in terms of developing. There's the Massey Hotel, the 4th Floor mixed use project, Java on the Square, The Sanctuary, The Bristol, etc. All of those are in the process or have been developed in the past year.

I think it's the location. I don't recall seeing any restaurant doing that well there.

Could it be possible they had been looking at a Bentonville location originally when they designed the building and then changed their minds and then relocated it to Rogers instead? But hey I'm not saying it's not possible that they want three locations here. :D

Anything is possible, but the fact that the architect's website went down shortly after I started posting renders and information about their projects is suspicious.

This is the Bentonville location next to the Hilton Garden Inn. It has been open about 3 years. You may be confused by the Shogun Express near the Bentonville Starbucks.

The architect Miller Boskus Lack may be confused since they have these images under the planned Rogers Shogun. It's my opinion that they're using the existing Bentonville Shogun as a model for the planned Rogers Shogun.

The architect Miller Boskus Lack may be confused since they have these images under the planned Rogers Shogun. It's my opinion that they're using the existing Bentonville Shogun as a model for the planned Rogers Shogun.

I give up on it. :D The flora infront of the renderings is messing me up .

I've just got confirmation from Miller Boskus Lack that this is the location in Bentonville. In one of the photos you can see the Hilton Garden Inn on the left. They mentioned that it's a simple error on their website.

I've just got confirmation from Miller Boskus Lack that this is the location in Bentonville. In one of the photos you can see the Hilton Garden Inn on the left. They mentioned that it's a simple error on their website.

That makes sense I guess. They did have a different render of the Bentonville Shogun in a different section but they did remove it. So the possibility remains that there may be a Rogers Shogun in the near future. That or the architect actually did just assume there might be one in the near future.

It appears that Casa Tores has lost their liquor license to the city with no objection from the owners. The owners have already turned in their keys to the landlord and are planning on closing Casa Tores to focus on their businesses in Springdale.

That is excellent news.

Better a vacant building than a business which caused so much trouble over its lifespan with owners who showed little or no regard for the law.

I think that corner could be redeveloped nicely at some point, but it would likely require combing the lot with the gym behind it to be make it a worthwhile investment.

It fits nicely in with my planned North Street to Sycamore greenbelt via the V.A. campus from another thread. :)

Both the Red Lobster and Olive Garden in Rogers will be serving alcohol, since they have obtained liquor licenses.

Tho I will confess I used to occasionally enjoy a food orgy at Red Lobster (something I gave up on after too many all night bathroom tours), having a liquor license there is probably a good idea. You need the alcohol to kill the bacteria! Olive Garden tastes like airplane food to me so having the alcohol there is probably a good thing, too.

Don't have the link, but there was an article on the front page of the NWA Times today about all of the new restaurants opening in '07. Was glad to read that a Chick Fil A is going in at the intersection of 6th Street and Razorback Rd.

Yeah, that Chick-Fil-A is going to do an insane amount of business there. I couldn't picture exactly where they were going to build it (paper said the SouthEast corner of Razorback and 6th Street), unless they bought the Spot-Not carwash and are locating there. I could be in trouble--I try to avoid fast food, but I've got a real weakness for their chicken nuggets.

Also mentioned were a Popeye's (6th Street), Taco Bell (Colorado/Weddington), Shogun (Mall area), Rice Village (Nelson's Crossing) and Hunan Manor (moving after 15 years on N. College to Tahoe/Weddington). They also mentioned a Calypso Properties Pizza restaurant near the Fay/Farmington limits on 6th Street. Personally, this is the most exciting news to me because the restaurant is going to be 'Ye Olde King Pizza' which is rumored to be a reincarnation of the legendary King Pizza of Fayetteville (some of the same folks are bringing it back). Anyone who has grown up here or lived here 20+ years will surely remember the original King Pizza. I still maintain that it's some of the best Pizza I've ever had. And I've had a LOT of Pizza. :lol:

Yeah, that Chick-Fil-A is going to do an insane amount of business there. I couldn't picture exactly where they were going to build it (paper said the SouthEast corner of Razorback and 6th Street), unless they bought the Spot-Not carwash and are locating there. I could be in trouble--I try to avoid fast food, but I've got a real weakness for their chicken nuggets.

Also mentioned were a Popeye's (6th Street), Taco Bell (Colorado/Weddington), Shogun (Mall area), Rice Village (Nelson's Crossing) and Hunan Manor (moving after 15 years on N. College to Tahoe/Weddington). They also mentioned a Calypso Properties Pizza restaurant near the Fay/Farmington limits on 6th Street. Personally, this is the most exciting news to me because the restaurant is going to be 'Ye Olde King Pizza' which is rumored to be a reincarnation of the legendary King Pizza of Fayetteville (some of the same folks are bringing it back). Anyone who has grown up here or lived here 20+ years will surely remember the original King Pizza. I still maintain that it's some of the best Pizza I've ever had. And I've had a LOT of Pizza. :lol:

That Chick-Fil-A will be busy. That's right across from the University and not too far from the high school. I bet Spot Not is going to close and Chick-Fil-A will take their spot. It's about time that land is used for better purposes.

So we know that Rice Village is for sure coming to Nelsons Crossing?

That Chick-Fil-A will be busy. That's right across from the University and not too far from the high school. I bet Spot Not is going to close and Chick-Fil-A will take their spot. It's about time that land is used for better purposes.

They have needed a Chick Fil A location on 6th street forever, but they do have one located at the student union on campus. That is hard to get to unless you are a student or someone w/ the university. This will be the 4th location in Fayetteville (mall, college ave, student union) and I believe there are now 2 in Rogers.

Yeah, Rice Village will be in Nelson's Crossing. The article also mentioned that there will be over 20,000 sq ft of restaurant space located in Bellafont on Joyce.

Here is the article from the Times: Fayetteville Restaurants

They also mentioned a Calypso Properties Pizza restaurant near the Fay/Farmington limits on 6th Street. Personally, this is the most exciting news to me because the restaurant is going to be 'Ye Olde King Pizza' which is rumored to be a reincarnation of the legendary King Pizza of Fayetteville (some of the same folks are bringing it back). Anyone who has grown up here or lived here 20+ years will surely remember the original King Pizza. I still maintain that it's some of the best Pizza I've ever had. And I've had a LOT of Pizza. :lol:

Really!?!?!?! Wow! Cool! Can't wait! I hope they deliver to my neighborhood!!

When I moved back to Fayetteville in '98 I ordered from Eureka Pizza because it was in the same building on Leverett that King Pizza had been in years before and I was hoping Eureka had King's recipes and only the name had changed. Image my shock and disappointment when I tasted the Eureka Pizza. I recently found out that there is a King Pizza in Joplin that is the original King Pizza. This pizza was so good I've considered a road trip to to Joplin check it out.

On the southeast corner of 6th and Razorback there is ground work taking place east of all the existing buildings. East of Arby's and the shopping center with the Razorback store. Maybe better described as the southwest corner of 6th and Paris. Maybe that's where Chick-Fil-A is going????

Here's some photos of the proposed Rogers Shogun:

325752962_f5c800b6a6_o.jpg

325752957_91a878dc3c_o.jpg

325752959_96ae21fff0_o.jpg

325753485_6ebac5c380_o.jpg

Thanks for the pics Mike. I wonder if the Fayetteville location will look anything like these pics. Which by the way I noticed they have steel up now at the Fayetteville location. After all the holidays are over I'll have to try to get out and take pics of everything going on.

That is excellent news.

Better a vacant building than a business which caused so much trouble over its lifespan with owners who showed little or no regard for the law.

I think that corner could be redeveloped nicely at some point, but it would likely require combing the lot with the gym behind it to be make it a worthwhile investment.

It fits nicely in with my planned North Street to Sycamore greenbelt via the V.A. campus from another thread. :)

Yeah I don't think anyone will be sorry to see it go after all the problems. But I'm still worried about so many businesses and restaurants leaving College Ave. I can'r remember which one it is now but one of the Chinese restaurants that has been on College Ave a long time is leaving to move to a 6th St location.

There's all the news I heard about. I agree with you on Chick-fil-A. I also try to avoid fast food places but I do really like Chick-fil-A. It will be nice to have a location other than that mall area to go to.

Yeah there was an article in the Northwest Arkansas Times. Although I have noticed no more mention of another Qdoba location there for Nelson's Crossing anymore.

Archived