Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

mcheiss

Popeyes will go in the location where the old Instant Money Pawn shop was located on 6th Street, directly east of Hardee's.

The Pawn shop has relocated to North College Avenue at the old Veternerian's office north of Township.

I am glad that the pawn shop is no longer on 6th Street, it was kind of an eye sore for the entrance to the city off of 6th Street.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will be going near the old Shakes location, the pawn shop building sounds close.

Oops, I misread you post. :blush:

I always thought it would been funny if they would have spelled it Sheiks and given it a Middle Eastern theme. Probably wouldn't have translated very well to people here.

:lol: Somewhat similar sounding name, although a bit different. Yeah somehow I don't see something like that taking off in hardly any place in the US. Maybe around the Dearborn Michigan area. Does anyone know are there anymore Shake's left? They did well for a while but slowly seem to be fading out. Just like there used to be a lot of TCBY's around.

Springdale is closed, Hot Springs closed, Bentonville was never built (was to be just west of Krispy Kreme), North Fayetteville location is still open as far as I know.

Oh yeah, I haven't really looked closely at it for quite a while but I don't remember it being closed either. I wonder if they've given up spreading out.

Springdale is closed, Hot Springs closed, Bentonville was never built (was to be just west of Krispy Kreme), North Fayetteville location is still open as far as I know.

They are going to be re-entering S-dale and Rogers sometime this year from what I read recently. I don't have a clue on locations and I can't even remember where I read this. But that is what I heard.

Well, Northwest Arkansas will be home to a Macaroni Grill soon. According to Arkansas Business, Macaroni Grill has signed a deal with a Springfield group to open 3 macaroni grill's. The first will be in NWA (Benton or Washington) the second being in Springfield, MO and the third in either Joplin, Branson, or Ft. Smith. No official location has been selected for the restaurant.

Well, Northwest Arkansas will be home to a Macaroni Grill soon. According to Arkansas Business, Macaroni Grill has signed a deal with a Springfield group to open 3 macaroni grill's. The first will be in NWA (Benton or Washington) the second being in Springfield, MO and the third in either Joplin, Branson, or Ft. Smith. No official location has been selected for the restaurant.

I've been a bit surprised they haven't opened one yet. I spoke to someone who used to work for the company that owns it and Chili's and a number of other restaurants. He basically said he was surprised as well and wasn't sure why they haven't pushed more into this particular area.

I've been a bit surprised they haven't opened one yet. I spoke to someone who used to work for the company that owns it and Chili's and a number of other restaurants. He basically said he was surprised as well and wasn't sure why they haven't pushed more into this particular area.

I'm kind of surprised Brinker hasn't done so earlier as well.

I'm a fan of Macaroni Grill as far as chains go. They offer more Northern Italian and more non pasta-based dishes than your plain old Americanized Italian places like Carino's and Olive Garden.

They're also planning on a NLR location, though it would be corporate instead of franchise.

It's somtimes hard to figure out how these chains work. Brinker put their first On the Border in Arkansas in Hot Springs well before NWA or Little Rock got one.

Finally! Other than Carino's, I can find something I enjoy at Macaroni, Carrabas, and Olive Garden, but I prefer the first two and I have to say that the Macaroni Grill I went to on the way back from Chicago this Christmas had some good fare. I like their twice-baked lasagna, firs time I ever tried it.

I believe Macaroni Grill will be going in near James at the Mill in Johnson.

Finally! Other than Carino's, I can find something I enjoy at Macaroni, Carrabas, and Olive Garden, but I prefer the first two and I have to say that the Macaroni Grill I went to on the way back from Chicago this Christmas had some good fare. I like their twice-baked lasagna, firs time I ever tried it.

Does anyone know are there anymore Shake's left? They did well for a while but slowly seem to be fading out. Just like there used to be a lot of TCBY's around.

The Shake's in Conway is alive and kicking, doing a very brisk business at its location in front of Arkansas' busiest Wal-Mart (I'm not making that up). Going to Shake's is becoming a tradition among UCA and Hendrix students.

So is it in the Shopps at the Mill then? Also, was it announced there a while back ago or is this just an underground confirmation?

I heard something about this months ago. It was probably sometime last summer but this is the first time it has been back in the news. Right along 540 in Johnson was the rumor then and I think it still is now unless something has changed.

The Shake's in Conway is alive and kicking, doing a very brisk business at its location in front of Arkansas' busiest Wal-Mart (I'm not making that up). Going to Shake's is becoming a tradition among UCA and Hendrix students.

I think that the SHakes in Fayetteville still does pretty good business. The owner of the company Cory Osborne lives right here in town I think. That is why he moved the company from Joplin to Fayetteville 5 or 6 years ago. There were plans to build a headquarters on College right behind the current location a few years ago but I am not sure whatever happend to those plans.

Does anyone know are there anymore Shake's left? They did well for a while but slowly seem to be fading out. Just like there used to be a lot of TCBY's around.

Rogers doesn't have a Shake's, but we do have an Andy's Frozen Custard! Not really much different than Shake's and it's the first Andy's to open outside of MO. I really like the design of Andy's with all the neon lights all over it. It's immediately across from the Rogers Wal-Mart and is always busy.

• 3 weeks later...

Romano's Macaroni Grill Coming to Northwest Arkansas

http://www.nwaonline.net/articles/2007/01/...2807lanacol.txt

Thanks for the confirmation. Seems like someone talked about this possibility. But they haven't decided where in NWA yet. It hasn't happened a lot yet with these types of restaurants, but I think it probably won't be too long before each county ends up with their own locations.

• 2 weeks later...

CiCi's is pretty close to that same area.

In all fairness, Larry's is about ten times better than Cici's. The only think they have in common is that they use a buffet format.

There are four Larry's in LR. The original in Southwest LR has been open for a decade or two, they just started opening other locations in the last few years.

Archived