Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

mcheiss

I think that the SHakes in Fayetteville still does pretty good business. The owner of the company Cory Osborne lives right here in town I think. That is why he moved the company from Joplin to Fayetteville 5 or 6 years ago. There were plans to build a headquarters on College right behind the current location a few years ago but I am not sure whatever happend to those plans.

There are still a lot of Shake's all over the south and midwest, just less than there are now. They still have one (other than their Fay and Conway location) in LR and NLR. And their original one in Joplin. I think some of their franchisees struggled. The one that used to be in Rogers was family owned, not sure why that struggled.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In all fairness, Larry's is about ten times better than Cici's. The only think they have in common is that they use a buffet format.

There are four Larry's in LR. The original in Southwest LR has been open for a decade or two, they just started opening other locations in the last few years.

Yeah, you can't compare Larry's to CiCi's. Finally, a Larry's in Fayetteville.

Yeah, you can't compare Larry's to CiCi's. Finally, a Larry's in Fayetteville.

I concur CiCi's is feces compared to Larry's. I've eaten at the ones in Bryant and SW LR. It's great and I wouldn't call it low end. It's not even a traditional style buffet because they bring the buffet to you much like the Brazilian steak houses.

I never heard of Larry's Pizza until now and I was just basing what I said on someone else saying Larry's was similar to CiCi's. I don't like the CiCi's up here in Rogers and agree with hogwash who describes it as feces. For a low-budget family pizza place I prefer Mazzio's in Rogers. It's not the greatest, but it's clean and reminds me of some of the pizza chains my family would go to when I was a kid. I'm still waiting for Boston's Gourmet Pizza to open in Bentonville. It's probably much more expensive than Mazzio's, but good for occasions.

There are still a lot of Shake's all over the south and midwest, just less than there are now. They still have one (other than their Fay and Conway location) in LR and NLR. And their original one in Joplin. I think some of their franchisees struggled. The one that used to be in Rogers was family owned, not sure why that struggled.

Interesting, guess I didn't realize they had spread out that far in that short amount of time.

It was that one location off Walnut. It's cursed I say. :silly: There was a Rally's, Another Ice Cream place, and another restaurant before the Shake's. Now there's Andy's there which is doing suprisingly well.

It was that one location off Walnut. It's cursed I say. :silly: There was a Rally's, Another Ice Cream place, and another restaurant before the Shake's. Now there's Andy's there which is doing suprisingly well.

I've never been to that Andy's before, but I've been to their original in Springfield, and it was awsome. I'll have to stop by the Rogers one next time I'm there.

I was wrong, this will be the 6th Larry's, they have locations in Bryant and Cabot which I wasn't aware of.

Somebody mentioned Andy's, I never realized they had NWA locations. It's a small employee-owned chain based out of LR. I always thought their food was kind of similar to Wendy's.

I think I may have seen one down in Pine Bluff. But I don't think I've ever seen one here in Fayetteville or the parts of NWA I'm familiar with.

I was wrong, this will be the 6th Larry's, they have locations in Bryant and Cabot which I wasn't aware of.

Somebody mentioned Andy's, I never realized they had NWA locations. It's a small employee-owned chain based out of LR. I always thought their food was kind of similar to Wendy's.

Andy

It looks like Ruths Chris is coming to Rogers. It will be located in Pinnacle Hills. I am really kind of sad that it is not coming to Fayetteville but at least we will have one in NWA.

Here is the article from the Arkansas Business Journal : Ruth's Chris

Here's another case of this popping up in another topic. I didn't even think to mention that over here as well.

Sadly, Sullivan's will not be coming to NWA at this time.

How did they get out of the contract? They signed one with General Growth b/c I remember hearing about an Advertisement issue with their sign. Since Benton Co. is a dry county you can't have any signs that display any alcholic beverage. Sullivan's has a martini glass in it's signs. I wonder how they got out of the contract?

I forgot to mention this yesterday but a new restaurant is finally moving into the old Cafe Santa Fe space in downtown Fayetteville. It is called Mariachi's. I believe it is a mexican food place. I don't know if it is a chain or what but at least something is going in down there. Although, I hope they have made plans not to pay too much for rent until construction is complete on the Ren Tower.

I forgot to mention this yesterday but a new restaurant is finally moving into the old Cafe Santa Fe space in downtown Fayetteville. It is called Mariachi's. I believe it is a mexican food place. I don't know if it is a chain or what but at least something is going in down there. Although, I hope they have made plans not to pay too much for rent until construction is complete on the Ren Tower.

I wondered about that. I was over the a week or two ago and when I saw it I thought it looked a little different inside than when it was Cafe Santa Fe. Glad to see something actually going in over there. Hope they can wait it out though. Until most of the Renaissance construction is over it's going to be hard on businesses over there. Once construction is finished I still think that whole area will be a nice hot spot.

Let's see I heard a number of things today. I think everyone already suspected it but Marble Slab isn't coming for the time being. But it looks like a Ben & Jerry's is coming to Nelson's Crossing sometime in the future. It's not a done deal but the owner of Jammin Java will own the franchise rights around here. Sounds like he's looking at Nelson's Crossing and a possible location or two up in Benton County as well. It also sounds like Arsaga's is up for sale. I'm not sure what's going on there, if it's just to see if there's any serious offers. I'm not sure if he's looking to possibly retire, go do something else, or if he's having problems. I did hear he racked up quite a bit of debt for that new location in the Law Building. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. There's only one Starbucks down here so I don't think they've hit him too hard. I think the one in the Law Building will be the 6th Arsaga's.

Sadly, Sullivan's will not be coming to NWA at this time.

I'd rather have Ruth's Chris. Sounds like one will becoming to LR soon enough. I wonder if it will be at Promenade at Chenal.

There are much better steakhouses than Ruth's Chris but I'm not sure if I've had one in Arkansas. Sonny Williams is probably at the same level.

Archived