Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

mcheiss

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Acropolis at 1618 North College has closed (possibly moved to Bentonville but I am not positive on this). The site in Fayetteville has a sign advertising Korean BBQ, so it appears soon enough Korean will be in this location.

Yeah I thought this had happened already. I believe there was an article in the paper a little while back saying they were just going to focus on Bentonville. I wonder if competition from Kosmos on Dickson helped spur this move.

Acropolis at 1618 North College has closed (possibly moved to Bentonville but I am not positive on this). The site in Fayetteville has a sign advertising Korean BBQ, so it appears soon enough Korean will be in this location.

Acropolis had been in Fayettville for quite some time. Things must be pretty bad for them to move. The owners probably just saw more potential for business travellers with bigger bucks in Bentonville.

Hmmm...did something close recently in Fiesta Square?

I talked with the manager of the Whole Hog in Bentonville shortly after they opened and he said back then that they intended to open in Fayetteville by this past December (I think I also read this in the Arkansas Times). I guess they got held up, but no matter..... I welcome the extra BBQ.

And I have to say I am very impressed with Arsaga's -- they have great locations like the Fayetteville library and now the UA Law School. Very smart business moves IMO.

Acropolis had been in Fayettville for quite some time. Things must be pretty bad for them to move. The owners probably just saw more potential for business travellers with bigger bucks in Bentonville.

I think it could be competition. I think Petra is still open downtown. Then there's Kosmos on Dickson. I imagine there's only so many Greek restaurants that Fayetteville can support.

And I have to say I am very impressed with Arsaga's -- they have great locations like the Fayetteville library and now the UA Law School. Very smart business moves IMO.

Yeah Arsaga's is rather well liked by many Fayetteville citizens. But I've heard conflicting rumors on it possibly being for sale. I'm not sure where things actually stand.

Mellow Mushroom coming to Bellafont in Fayetteville. I posted the info on the Bellafont Topic but I thought that I had better mention it on here.

I've heard people talk about it before and say good things about it. Not sure if it would be any better than some of our current pizza places already. But I guess it's nice to have options.

Mellow Mushroom coming to Bellafont in Fayetteville. I posted the info on the Bellafont Topic but I thought that I had better mention it on here.

If this is the same Mellow Mushroom chain they have a very unique and cartoony website that interfaces like a flash game (in fact their website has flash games). I'm jealous of Fayetteville.

Link here: http://www.mellowmushroom.com/

EDIT: Okay fine! Now that I saw your link in the Bellafont topic! :P

New Restaurant coming to Fayetteville:

I heard this evening that a restaurant by the name of Gwatneys will be coming near the new movie theater on Joyce. The owner of the restaurant will be the former proprietor of Outback in Springdale. This guy is awesome and will run a great restaurant. The name is after a former employee who passed away in an automobile accident.

I've heard people talk about it before and say good things about it. Not sure if it would be any better than some of our current pizza places already. But I guess it's nice to have options.

Mith, visiting Mellow Mushroom, if they're the same ones as in Atlanta, is kind of like stepping back into the 70s (southern style, sort of) to have a pizza.

I heard this evening that a restaurant by the name of Gwatneys will be coming near the new movie theater on Joyce. The owner of the restaurant will be the former proprietor of Outback in Springdale. This guy is awesome and will run a great restaurant. The name is after a former employee who passed away in an automobile accident.

I probably wouldn't eat at a restaurant named after a deceased person. It would be different if the restaurant was named after a living person then that person later became deceased.

I've always heard good things about the guy who ran Outback there in Springdale so I imagine it will be a nice restaurant. Any idea what kind of food it will specialize in?

Don't know about the menu yet but will update as soon as I know.

Also, I was at Mimi's yesterday for breakfast and noticed that Sullivan's still has signs up advertising they are coming to the Promenade, is this true ?

I've always heard good things about the guy who ran Outback there in Springdale so I imagine it will be a nice restaurant. Any idea what kind of food it will specialize in?

Don't know about the menu yet but will update as soon as I know.

Also, I was at Mimi's yesterday for breakfast and noticed that Sullivan's still has signs up advertising they are coming to the Promenade, is this true ?

I really don't think Sullivan's is coming. Seems odd they would leave a sign like that up, but that's the only explanation I can think of.

I probably wouldn't eat at a restaurant named after a deceased person. It would be different if the restaurant was named after a living person then that person later became deceased.

You stole that thought from my brain...

I understand the sentiment, I just don't know how good it is for business.

There was a place off Dickson for a while that had a sandwich named after a recently deceased friend/employee. It was a real downer when I would see it on the menu.

I also hate it when a restaurant puts a plaque of a kid who died while working there on the wall.

Its human nature to want to mark the tragedy, but I don't know how good it is for business.

You stole that thought from my brain...

I understand the sentiment, I just don't know how good it is for business.

There was a place off Dickson for a while that had a sandwich named after a recently deceased friend/employee. It was a real downer when I would see it on the menu.

I also hate it when a restaurant puts a plaque of a kid who died while working there on the wall.

Its human nature to want to mark the tragedy, but I don't know how good it is for business.

At least they didn't call it Dead Bob's Cafe or something in that manner. I guess if people go there not knowing the reason behind the name it wouldn't be a problem. Just so long as they don't have some huge memorial set up in the lobby. A restaurant isn't the ideal place to build a memorial of a deceased person. The more imaginitave course could've been to name it after something from the deceased person's life like a favorite place or a favorite car with no mention of the person being deceased.

Acropolis was horrendous. I love Greek food but could not eat there because it smelled so bad in there. Yuck and good riddance!

Chick-fil-a is headed to Bentonville, according to an early Planning Commission agenda on the GIS system. The plans are to go before the commission at its first April meeting.

The location is the former Regions Bank on Walton Blvd. next door to the original McDonald's. This is just south of Walton and Central Ave.

Archived