Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

mcheiss

Weird I hadn't heard about Smoky Bones. Oseguerra's in Fayetteville is moving from the old Fazoli's spot to Evelyn Hills. I've wondered how business has been for it. I think it might be moving to the back corner of Evelyn Hills so I'm not sure if it's going to be very visible. This move might not help it out much.

I agree about the Oseguera's. Might be a bad move. Bet rent is super cheap back there in the corner of Evelyn Hills. It should be.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree about the Oseguera's. Might be a bad move. Bet rent is super cheap back there in the corner of Evelyn Hills. It should be.

Yeah, hopefully they have enough people follow them over to their new spot. It's not bad, but I admit if I want Mexican I usually go to La Huerta instead.

Noticed that. It's not from lack of business. From what I understand, they have no managment to run the place. Interviews are scheduled to take place May 15th, so hopefully it's a temporary situation.

They have closed their Shreveport location as well. It looks like they have closed all of their restaurants west of the Mississippi and are looking for a buyer for their restaurants east of the Mississippi.

Statement on Smokey Bones

Saturday, May 5, 2007

Darden Restaurants, Inc. today announced the closure of 56 Smokey Bones Barbeque & Grill and two Rocky River Grillhouse restaurants. Darden will offer the remaining 73 Smokey Bones restaurants for sale

At one time there was discussion about a pizza place opening on 6th Street in Fayetteville that was owned by the people that used to own King Pizza. I think the owners are from Joplin. Any updates? Did it open? What's the name of the Fayetteville location?

At one time there was discussion about a pizza place opening on 6th Street in Fayetteville that was owned by the people that used to own King Pizza. I think the owners are from Joplin. Any updates? Did it open? What's the name of the Fayetteville location?

I have not been by there in about a month or so. It is going to be located in an office complex on the north side of 6th street as you get closer to the Farmington city limits. I think it was called Calypso Pizza or something like that, it might be open by now.

In-n-Out would be nearly impossible to replicate anywhere outside of the California, Arizona, Southern Nevada area due to the year around local availability of so many of the produce products they use. You could have lower quality stuff (like most other fast food chains) or equal or near equal quality but higher prices, but not anything quite like In-n-Out.

In 'N Out is a family owned business. They have refused many offers to franchise and sell-out to corporate America. They refuse to expand faster than they can manage the growth. Their simple menu and spotless restaurants keep 'em coming! P.S. Next time you're in the neighborhood, stop by and order the Double-Double combo "Animal-style" with a vanilla shake. That'll make you an insider!

Baker Bros. Deli will open a second location in the vicinity of the new theater in Fayetteville.

Also, the first wall frame is rising at Ruth Chris.

I drove by today and I didn't even bother to look at the site. I guess I'll have to pay more attention whenever I go by tomorrow.

Hmmm...I must have missed this info as well. I hadn't heard any rumors of there being another one.

Yeah, this is the same info I have heard. I just could not believe that our metro needs 2 Ruth's Cris, but it will be nice to have one in Fayetteville. I heard it will be in Bellafont as well.

Can you tell me what the name of this restaurant is?

The Red Palace went in where Hunan Manor was.

Has anyone been to the new Hunan? It was my favorite Chinese place (for sentimental reasons mainly). They had good food and service before even if the buffet was a bit limited.

Why do BBQ places have such a short life span in NWA? Smoky Bones, Benson's, Corky's, Fat Toney's, B&B and Shorty Small's and probably others that I forgot all had good food and vanished. I like Rib Crib but it's a ways off for me.

there's a soul food restuarant that recently opened next to the asian market by el camino real. it's in a yellow building that used to house a mexican restaurant. it's called mama dean's, i believe. i haven't eaten there yet, but everyone i've talked to who has says it's the sh#t. they serve sweet iced tea in mason jars! and the owner keeps offering you food until you say you've had enough. so for those who like some down-home country cookin', give it a shot.

there's a soul food restuarant that recently opened next to the asian market by el camino real. it's in a yellow building that used to house a mexican restaurant. it's called mama dean's, i believe. i haven't eaten there yet, but everyone i've talked to who has says it's the sh#t. they serve sweet iced tea in mason jars! and the owner keeps offering you food until you say you've had enough. so for those who like some down-home country cookin', give it a shot.

Damn sounds good!! Where's the exact location on that?

The Red Palace went in where Hunan Manor was.

Has anyone been to the new Hunan? It was my favorite Chinese place (for sentimental reasons mainly). They had good food and service before even if the buffet was a bit limited.

Why do BBQ places have such a short life span in NWA? Smoky Bones, Benson's, Corky's, Fat Toney's, B&B and Shorty Small's and probably others that I forgot all had good food and vanished. I like Rib Crib but it's a ways off for me.

Smokey Bones closed all of their locations west of the Mississippi River, not just the Fayetteville location. They will probably reopen at some point under another name. B&B is still downtown. It is just known as Penguin Eds B&B BBQ. Same food as always. Corkys made the mistake of moving from the corner of Joyce and Mall Avenue to Dickson and they just did not have the same support there. Benson's was in the same place as Corkys on Dickson but it failed because of the owner was not cafeful with his finances.

They were going to put a Rib Crib in Fayetteville, but I don't know whatever happened to that.

Emelia's mediterranean restaurant is opening a second location in Bellafont on Joyce later this year. The new restaurant will be more than twice the size of their current Dickson Street location and will offer similar fare--although more diverse and larger selection (also will likely have different name). It is scheduled to be up and running sometime between this fall and the end of the year.

Plans are to keep the Dickson Street location open 'for now'. Although they say that may be difficult in the long run as they (like most other Dickson Street establishments) struggle with: small space, high rent and lack of parking.

Happy to see a local restaurant coming to Bellafont, but I'd be sad to lose them from Dickson. I've always been very impressed with the food--they have one of the best weekend brunches around.

Thanks for the intel on this place. We have been wanting to try it. Sounds good.

Emelia's mediterranean restaurant is opening a second location in Bellafont on Joyce later this year. The new restaurant will be more than twice the size of their current Dickson Street location and will offer similar fare--although more diverse and larger selection (also will likely have different name). It is scheduled to be up and running sometime between this fall and the end of the year.

Plans are to keep the Dickson Street location open 'for now'. Although they say that may be difficult in the long run as they (like most other Dickson Street establishments) struggle with: small space, high rent and lack of parking.

Happy to see a local restaurant coming to Bellafont, but I'd be sad to lose them from Dickson. I've always been very impressed with the food--they have one of the best weekend brunches around.

I would hate to lose them off Dickson. We won't be going to Belafont very often. Too far out of town, too suburban for me.

Archived