Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

mcheiss

Everything outside the Olive Garden does look done and I've seen the sign lit, too. Maybe they still have the inside and training to do.

Sometime in August was the last I heard, but that was awhile. Last I looked, their website had changed it to OPENING SOON!

By the way, does anyone know anything about Spiedini's Italian Grill, coming to Bentonville on Walton?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything outside the Olive Garden does look done and I've seen the sign lit, too. Maybe they still have the inside and training to do.

Sometime in August was the last I heard, but that was awhile. Last I looked, their website had changed it to OPENING SOON!

By the way, does anyone know anything about Spiedini's Italian Grill, coming to Bentonville on Walton?

Olive Garden will open August 7th, per an employee at the Fayetteville location.

I don't know anything about Spiedini's Italian Grill, but I've heard that the dish called Chicken Spiedini is fantastic. I hope it will be on the menu.

According to the Engineering page, we are getting two more restaurants in the area. Texas Land and Cattle Steakhouse is coming to the Promenade and in the Metro Market is coming Cafe Rue Orleans.

I notice that there is activity through the month, but the planning folks wait every two weeks to chug it all in. NWA isn't slowing down quite as much as some of us thought, based on what I see.

Both of those will be great additions to the area. Also, just in case anyone knows this, I'll throw it out there...Tulsa is getting a Cheesecake Factory. A pretty big deal considering not that many markets have one of these chains and they are already getting one at the Woodland Hills Mall. Also , the Cheesecake Factory website confirms this.

Does this mean that NWA could be a first location for Arkansas? I could definitely see it coming. Pinnacle Promenade is very similar in the stores that Woodland Hills Mall has except for Macys. Other than that, very close in stores. What are your thoughts? I would love to see them enter the market up here. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Both of those will be great additions to the area. Also, just in case anyone knows this, I'll throw it out there...Tulsa is getting a Cheesecake Factory. A pretty big deal considering not that many markets have one of these chains and they are already getting one at the Woodland Hills Mall. Also , the Cheesecake Factory website confirms this.

Does this mean that NWA could be a first location for Arkansas? I could definitely see it coming. Pinnacle Promenade is very similar in the stores that Woodland Hills Mall has except for Macys. Other than that, very close in stores. What are your thoughts? I would love to see them enter the market up here. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Thanks for the Tulsa update, I had not heard about the Cheesecake Factory. I could see NWA getting one in the future but who knows. I believe they opened one in OKC last year as well. The Tulsa metro is about double the size of NWA, so I do think that it could be a while.

Chubby's coneys will be coming back to Fayetteville after about 15 years. They are going to have a location at Signature plaza (Crossover and Joyce). They will also serve wine and beer. One article said the old location was on Block street in the early 90s. I don't remember this at all, does anyone else?

I was living here then but I don't remember it either. Although I admit I wasn't as knowledgeable about Fayetteville back then.

Forgot to mention this earlier. Common Grounds will be closed for a few weeks. But you can get some of the items over at the Hog Haus Brewery till it opens again. They'll be renovating it. Sounds like there's going to be a retractable balcony as well.

Forgot to mention this earlier. Common Grounds will be closed for a few weeks. But you can get some of the items over at the Hog Haus Brewery till it opens again. They'll be renovating it. Sounds like there's going to be a retractable balcony as well.

Interesting. I have always thought CG had a great atmosphere with marginal food and bad service, unless you get Phillip, in which case the service is great. What they oughta do is close HogHaus and figure out how to reposition it. I cannot imagine that the ladies who own it and CG don't make ten times as much off of CG than they do Hoghaus. Hoghaus is never crowed, ever.

Something else I've been forgetting to mention. I've heard something about a Spanish restaurant opening up here in Fayetteville. I got the impression it's somewhere around Dickson but I don't recall ever seeing anything. I wish I could remember the name. Anyone heard anything about it?

Something else I've been forgetting to mention. I've heard something about a Spanish restaurant opening up here in Fayetteville. I got the impression it's somewhere around Dickson but I don't recall ever seeing anything. I wish I could remember the name. Anyone heard anything about it?

Yes, Rod--I heard a Tapas bar was going in either in the same building that Bourbon boys used to be in or in the Legacy building. Can't recall which one.

Yes, Rod--I heard a Tapas bar was going in either in the same building that Bourbon boys used to be in or in the Legacy building. Can't recall which one.

Ah, it must be in the Legacy Building then. There's a seafood restaurant in the old Bourbon Boys location. There was just an article in the paper the other day talking about it so it can't have been there. Guess that answers the question on what restaurant will be going into the Legacy.

The restaurant in the Legacy is open? I am going to have to check that out!

No, sorry Mark. I meant the restaurant behind Haagan Daaz and the coffee place. It has been open for a while. The Legacy one is not open as far as I know.

Sounds like Chloe's is closing over in the Signature Plaza in northeast Fayetteville. But in it's place will be Chubby's Coneys, as was mentioned by Colby. Apparently it had a location over on Rock St back in the 90's.

Chubby's isn't taking over the Chloe space, which is around 3400 SF. It is taking over 1500 SF next door to Tropical Smoothies. Also, it was Block, not Rock.

My sources say that Cool Water Restaurant is closing. Their Thursday night bike night has been moved to Dickson Street.

Also, the Gypsy on Dickson Street will be sold in October 2008. Club 414, on Dickson, will be remodeled and turned into a pizza and beer restaurant. Also, Blu off of Dickson Street is shopping for a buyer as well.

The old Club West has been renamed to Studio 62 and is now a Hip Hop/ R & B/ Soul Music venue.

There was a rumor that Tyson had purchased the entire complex off of 6th Street in Fayetteville. This complex has Mexico Viejo and Electric Cowboy in it. I have found no truth to the rumor as of yet.

Thanks !

My sources say that Cool Water Restaurant is closing. Their Thursday night bike night has been moved to Dickson Street.

Also, the Gypsy on Dickson Street will be sold in October 2008. Club 414, on Dickson, will be remodeled and turned into a pizza and beer restaurant. Also, Blu off of Dickson Street is shopping for a buyer as well.

The old Club West has been renamed to Studio 62 and is now a Hip Hop/ R & B/ Soul Music venue.

There was a rumor that Tyson had purchased the entire complex off of 6th Street in Fayetteville. This complex has Mexico Viejo and Electric Cowboy in it. I have found no truth to the rumor as of yet.

Thanks !

Thanks for all the info. There seems to be a lot of change going on in Fayetteville. I wonder if more people are starting to eat in Benton County instead. Unfortunately looks like there could be another vacant building along College Ave.

Thanks !

Thanks for the information. I hate to see any business go out of business but all of these had some issues, for sure. Hopefully there will be some new entrepreneurs willing to do something in these locations.

Great news! Why this is another chain restaurant, I still think it is a welcomed addition. I spoke with one of the bartenders at Copelands today and she said that Joe's Crab Shack will be building right next to Ruths Chris Steakhouse in Pinnacle Hills near the embassy suites. That will be incredible. I think the more chain restaurants we get, the more independent restaurants will follow soon after. It's only a matter of time.

Great news! Why this is another chain restaurant, I still think it is a welcomed addition. I spoke with one of the bartenders at Copelands today and she said that Joe's Crab Shack will be building right next to Ruths Chris Steakhouse in Pinnacle Hills near the embassy suites. That will be incredible. I think the more chain restaurants we get, the more independent restaurants will follow soon after. It's only a matter of time.

Hopefully it's true.

Archived