Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

mcheiss

To add to the selection of regional Asian restaurants, it looks like Fayetteville has picked up a Vietnamese restaurant. Sounds like it's been open for a while but I haven't heard anything about it till now. The Red Palace apparently has the old Hana Manor location on College Ave. Seems to make sense to me. We have a small but growing Vietnamese population ( probably from Ft Smith).

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw a sign up by the new Malco theater today saying that a Market Place Express will be coming soon to that area.

Yeah, I heard that announced a while back. There will also be a Larry's Pizza in that smae area. Larry's is out of Little Rock I believe but I have never been to one so I don't know too much about them.

Also, Fayetteville will be getting another Foghorn's location at University Village. A new shopping center located near Baum Stadium. A Bar-B-Q restaurant called the Pig N Whistle will be located in the same center.

Saw a sign up by the new Malco theater today saying that a Market Place Express will be coming soon to that area.

Yeah I heard about another location coming but I wasn't positive where exactly it was going around that area.

Yeah, I heard that announced a while back. There will also be a Larry's Pizza in that smae area. Larry's is out of Little Rock I believe but I have never been to one so I don't know too much about them.

Also, Fayetteville will be getting another Foghorn's location at University Village. A new shopping center located near Baum Stadium. A Bar-B-Q restaurant called the Pig N Whistle will be located in the same center.

Yeah I remember seeing a sign for a Pig N Whistle a while back ago before they started construction on the Staybridge Suites. I had wondered about that.

Yeah I remember seeing a sign for a Pig N Whistle a whia.le back ago before they started construction on the Staybridge Suites. I had wondered about that.

the great thing for that center will be the fact there will be no restaurant or bar at the Staybridge. not to mention all the college kids living in those apartments.

You know it's funny I was thinking about Joe's Crab Shack not too long ago. I had sorta wondered why no one have ever opened one in NWA. Seems like I see them in other metros around our size.

One is supposed to open in NLR as well, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Larry's Pizza is famous in Saline County, most notably for it's buffet, and for good reason.

During the buffet, Larry's has its waiters walk around the restaurant with pizzas asking everyone if they want more.

They've got some unique ones too. Like Taco Salad Pizza, Peanut Butter Pizza, etc...

It is fantastic.

Larry's Pizza is famous in Saline County, most notably for it's buffet, and for good reason.

During the buffet, Larry's has its waiters walk around the restaurant with pizzas asking everyone if they want more.

They've got some unique ones too. Like Taco Salad Pizza, Peanut Butter Pizza, etc...

It is fantastic.

Peanut butter pizza? Can't say I've ever heard of that kind of pizza yet.

Thanks for the information. I hate to see any business go out of business but all of these had some issues, for sure. Hopefully there will be some new entrepreneurs willing to do something in these locations.

I don't think this is true at all. At least not from the discussions i've had with the Pinnacle Group.

I noticed that a new Mexican restaurant is going to be opening in East Fayetteville in the Kantz Center shopping center (I think that is what it is called) near the Walmart Neighborhood market. I believe that it will be called El Sol but I don't know the opening date.

There is also a newer pizza delivery place in Colt Square called Mourdor's, has anyone else heard of this?

Sounds like Urban Table opened up at the Old Post Office today. If anyone goes by, please mention what you think of it. I think someone has already mentioned this but I couldn't find it so I'll mention it (again perhaps). The Old Cafe Santa Fe on Center St just east of the Square is now Mariachi's. Don't ask me why I took a pic of it. I was in the area taking pics and figured I'd go ahead.

mariachisyx8.jpg

Sounds like Urban Table opened up at the Old Post Office today. If anyone goes by, please mention what you think of it. I think someone has already mentioned this but I couldn't find it so I'll mention it (again perhaps). The Old Cafe Santa Fe on Center St just east of the Square is now Mariachi's. Don't ask me why I took a pic of it. I was in the area taking pics and figured I'd go ahead.

mariachisyx8.jpg

Went there tonight with the whole family. Food was very good. I hope they succeed! I suggest that they have a real breakfast on Saturday mornings when farmer's market is on. They would do well as there is nothing within walking distance that's any good or that you can get in a reasonable timeframe (Gaylords takes FOREVER!!). Urban table has a wide variety of food, all good, in the exact same atmosphere as Sodie's with the lights dimmed a bit and a whole lot more staff. Good add to our restaurants in Fayetteville, and not a chain.

On another note, my wife and in-laws went to the new hotdog place mext to Tropical Smoothie Cafe and said it was horrible. Service painfully slow and food was not very good.

Mark

Went there tonight with the whole family. Food was very good. I hope they succeed! I suggest that they have a real breakfast on Saturday mornings when farmer's market is on. They would do well as there is nothing within walking distance that's any good or that you can get in a reasonable timeframe (Gaylords takes FOREVER!!). Urban table has a wide variety of food, all good, in the exact same atmosphere as Sodie's with the lights dimmed a bit and a whole lot more staff. Good add to our restaurants in Fayetteville, and not a chain.

On another note, my wife and in-laws went to the new hotdog place mext to Tropical Smoothie Cafe and said it was horrible. Service painfully slow and food was not very good.

Mark

Thanks for the info Mark. Hopefully they will do well and we'll finally have something to permanently fill the Old Post Office.

I went by Urban Table last Friday on their soft opening for lunch. It was OK, it is hard to judge on something like that because the whole idea is staff training. The food I had was good, but the menu was really limited...it maybe have been that way just for the soft opening and now they have a full menu, so I won't judge it by that. The service was good, but the whole crew was there, so it was like one wait staff for two or three tables.

Not much to go by, the food I had was good and my wife liked hers as well. It was pretty quick, which is what I think ultimately did the previous restaurant in. A lunch in a predominantly business location should NOT take 40 minutes from order to serve and theirs often did and was usually at least 30. If they had better food, they would have lasted longer even with the wait, but decent food and slow service don't a business lunch make.

Let me say that Mariachi's is also really good. I like their food. I hope they can make it while that part of the square is kind of in limbo with the Ren going up and all. They are nice folks and have really good Mexican food. They also have their liquor license--something that I like to do when I go out to eat--have a drink.

Let me say that Mariachi's is also really good. I like their food. I hope they can make it while that part of the square is kind of in limbo with the Ren going up and all. They are nice folks and have really good Mexican food. They also have their liquor license--something that I like to do when I go out to eat--have a drink.

Yeah, I wondered about that as well. That's a rough area while all the construction will be going on. That and the occasional road closure because of construction. It's a bit of a bad time to try to start a business or restaurant in that area. But thanks for the info. But I'm wondering how does it compare to La Huerta? :D

Yeah, I wondered about that as well. That's a rough area while all the construction will be going on. That and the occasional road closure because of construction. It's a bit of a bad time to try to start a business or restaurant in that area. But thanks for the info. But I'm wondering how does it compare to La Huerta? :D

Since we are talking about Mexican restaurants, I went to the new Oseguera's location in Evelyn Hills last night and it was pretty good. The space was very clean and they make a decent margarita. I would recomend it if you are in the area.

Since we are talking about Mexican restaurants, I went to the new Oseguera's location in Evelyn Hills last night and it was pretty good. The space was very clean and they make a decent margarita. I would recomend it if you are in the area.

I went to it when it was at the old Fazzoli's location. It wasn't bad but I seem to have a problem with Mexican restaurants. I like La Huerta a lot, and unless they stand out enough for some reason I tend to end up just sticking to La Huerta.

I like La Huerta a lot. Mariachi's is much quieter, good food, though, and a little slower paced. Not slow tho. La Huerta is super fast and almost always busy. I like that about it.

Archived