Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

mcheiss

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone have any suggestions for restaurants that serve crab (esp. king crab) in Fayetteville or Springdale, besides Powerhouse or Red Lobster? My husband's birthday is coming up, and he likes to get crab as a treat. He likes the crab at Powerhouse, but everything else is pretty mediocre, in my estimation. We're not big Red Lobster fans. Any ideas? We might drive to Rogers if someone knows of a place there. Thanks!

Anyone have any suggestions for restaurants that serve crab (esp. king crab) in Fayetteville or Springdale, besides Powerhouse or Red Lobster? My husband's birthday is coming up, and he likes to get crab as a treat. He likes the crab at Powerhouse, but everything else is pretty mediocre, in my estimation. We're not big Red Lobster fans. Any ideas? We might drive to Rogers if someone knows of a place there. Thanks!

Try Across the Creek out at Garfield. They used to have an all you can eat crablegs special, and their crablegs were OBSCENELY LARGE. I haven't been in a couple of years, but its the best crablegs I've had in NWA.

Google it for some reviews. Here's one: http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/Acr...nt.479-359-3686

Its a country place, but crablegs by the buckets. We drove up from Fayetteville back when a good friend of mine who loved crablegs lived here. Plus apparently not everybody knows about it. It would be a cool birthday surprise.

Try Across the Creek out at Garfield. They used to have an all you can eat crablegs special, and their crablegs were OBSCENELY LARGE. I haven't been in a couple of years, but its the best crablegs I've had in NWA.

Google it for some reviews. Here's one: http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/Acr...nt.479-359-3686

Its a country place, but crablegs by the buckets. We drove up from Fayetteville back when a good friend of mine who loved crablegs lived here. Plus apparently not everybody knows about it. It would be a cool birthday surprise.

There's also Crabby's in Rogers.

I second this. Great spot, a bit of a drive but well worth it if you really want to do something unique.

Northwest Arkansas Restaurant Updates

- Mojitos is in fact owned by John Montez - son of the Montez Family who owns La Huerta and all their other restaurants.

- Patron near Noodles is also owned by some family members (distant) of La Huerta but are frowned upon by the family.

- Geraldi's - Italian Restaurant opened off of Center Street in Fayetteville, next to Wes's BBQ - Authentic Italian but may not be a good find for locals. I have found that Italian food is perspective.

The pizza is very good but not completely NY Style although the Owner is a nice Italian man from NY City. Stop in and give it a shot.

- Jerzee's Bar and Grill off of Dickson Street, owned by Tony C is vacant. The building is actually owned by John Tyson.

- Rod Hall, owner of Frogee's, formerly the Gypsy, is vacant due to a tenant/landlord dispute - they were paying $12,500 a month (well it appears they weren't paying).

- Andy's Custard is going in at the location of the Old Oseguera's on North College across from Flying Burrito.

- Flying Burrito is going in at the NW AR Mall Food Court.

- Louie's Bar and Grill is a chain and is partially owned by Mark Martinez, former Proprietor of Outback in Springdale.

- Golden Corral in Rogers is for sale.

- Krispy Kreme in Bentonville is for sale.

- Backyard Burgers in Rogers is for sale.

- Also, the Movie Theater at the Mall is moving out as well and being replaced by some type of Gymnastics Program.

Northwest Arkansas Restaurant Updates

- Mojitos is in fact owned by John Montez - son of the Montez Family who owns La Huerta and all their other restaurants.

- Patron near Noodles is also owned by some family members (distant) of La Huerta but are frowned upon by the family.

- Geraldi's - Italian Restaurant opened off of Center Street in Fayetteville, next to Wes's BBQ - Authentic Italian but may not be a good find for locals. I have found that Italian food is perspective.

The pizza is very good but not completely NY Style although the Owner is a nice Italian man from NY City. Stop in and give it a shot.

- Jerzee's Bar and Grill off of Dickson Street, owned by Tony C is vacant. The building is actually owned by John Tyson.

- Rod Hall, owner of Frogee's, formerly the Gypsy, is vacant due to a tenant/landlord dispute - they were paying $12,500 a month (well it appears they weren't paying).

- Andy's Custard is going in at the location of the Old Oseguera's on North College across from Flying Burrito.

- Flying Burrito is going in at the NW AR Mall Food Court.

- Louie's Bar and Grill is a chain and is partially owned by Mark Martinez, former Proprietor of Outback in Springdale.

- Golden Corral in Rogers is for sale.

- Krispy Kreme in Bentonville is for sale.

- Backyard Burgers in Rogers is for sale.

- Also, the Movie Theater at the Mall is moving out as well and being replaced by some type of Gymnastics Program.

Thanks for all the news and updates and welcome to the forum. :D

• 2 weeks later...

The wife and I just went to the newest Tex-Mex place in Springdale. Ta Molly's is open across from the Holiday Inn Convention Center. Decent food, decent prices, decent atmosphere. We LOVED the one in Texarkana (when we lived there) and would go about once a week.

• 1 month later...

My friend who lives down in Fayetteville said that Andy's Custard just opened. Just wondering if anyone has noticed if it's doing well so far? Isn't it by the mall?

Yeah I heard it's open. It's a bit south of the NWA Mall though. Probably about halfway between Fiesta Square and the NWA Mall. Haven't heard how it's doing though.

It was busy last Saturday, but it was also a really hot day and had just opened...I would give it a few weeks before deciding how well it is doing. I will say I don't think I have ever been more thirsty than after I ate there last weekend...

At the sake of my stomach's well-being, I am currently in the process of trying every Mexican restaurant in Fayetteville. I am keeping up with my progress and giving ratings and comments for each place once I try it. I'll share my results with you once I'm finished. As of right now, Mojito's is at the top of my list, followed by El Camino Real. Tried Acambaro tonight, but I wasn't a huge fan; it tasted a little too much like El Chico. Still good though.

El Camino Real is the best Mexican restaurant in Fayetteville. Great-tasting, comfort food and very reasonable. I would put camino real at the top of my list followed closely by Acapulco on East Robinson.

Has anyone tried Patron yet?

My friend who lives down in Fayetteville said that Andy's Custard just opened. Just wondering if anyone has noticed if it's doing well so far? Isn't it by the mall?

I have been questioning its location, what with Shakes (another custard place), Maggie Moo's (upscale ice cream), and Braum's being on that same stretch, as well as Coldstone right across from the new movie theater. Are we hitting an over-saturation of these sorts of places?

• 2 weeks later...

I've been forgetting to mention this. I noticed while I was out on the Mudd Creek trail recently that Patron at the former Fuddruckers location had a grand opening Monday of this week. So I guess this finally answers the question of whether it's finally open or not. :D

There is another restaurant coming to west Fayetteville. It is called J.J.'s Chill and Grill, there is currently one in Rogers on Walnut. The restaurant sounds like a good concept. They have a full bar with over 30 beers on tap. They will also have an expanded outdoor seating area. I don't think that there is anything like that on the rapidly expanding westside.

Link to the NWA Business Journal article: J.J.'s Chill and Grill

Next door to the old Sonic on College, where the Korean BBQ place used to be, has been reopened as Wilma's Home Cooking. Don't know anything about the food but the parking lot was full when I drove by.

Hmmm...seems like I read about that restaurant somewhere. Maybe an article in the newspaper somewhat recently. Don't really remember any specifics but that name sounds real familiar. Anyway thanks for the update. :thumbsup:

Mith242, I think you heard about Wilma's before because it simply moved to its new location. Wilma's used to be in the red building La Maison des Tartes was in. I have heard rumors that Greenhouse Grille is moving there as soon as Wilma's is totally out, but I don't know if they're true or not. Hope so, though; I love Greenhouse Grille and it would be great to see them in a more respectable building with more room!

Mith242, I think you heard about Wilma's before because it simply moved to its new location. Wilma's used to be in the red building La Maison des Tartes was in. I have heard rumors that Greenhouse Grille is moving there as soon as Wilma's is totally out, but I don't know if they're true or not. Hope so, though; I love Greenhouse Grille and it would be great to see them in a more respectable building with more room!

That's it! Thanks for reminding me. :D

Archived