Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

mcheiss

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a shame- that place has been the site of many memorable occasions. It sounds like there is still some chance of it coming back eventually- let's hope so.

It sounds like the owner got sloppy with their paperwork. There are a lot less risky ways to save your business money in a bad economy than not sending on your sales tax money.

It sounds like the owner got sloppy with their paperwork. There are a lot less risky ways to save your business money in a bad economy than not sending on your sales tax money.

Amen to that. You WILL get caught if you don't pay the tax man!

M

Yeah I had my doubts even reading the initial report. Just seems like they've had too many problems in the past. Just had a feeling it was all eventually going to catch up to them. But it's still a shame to see a place like that close.

Looks like NWA will be getting a TCBY again. Not sure how many years it's been since the last one closed. A local couple won a national contest for a TCBY franchise. NO word yet on exactly where they'll locate in NWA.

Looks like NWA will be getting a TCBY again. Not sure how many years it's been since the last one closed. A local couple won a national contest for a TCBY franchise. NO word yet on exactly where they'll locate in NWA.

I'd love it on Dickson Street, but I know the rent there is high. I could also see it doing well locating in that new parking garage on Garland Avenue that the University is building retail space in to. Other than that though, as much as I hate to say it as a Fayetteville resident, it should probably go north in the metro. Fayetteville has a lot of ice cream places.

I hadn't realized this couple is also connected with UAMS BioVentures... these two have some great ideas! http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/article.aspx?aid=122249.54928.134378

I'd love it on Dickson Street, but I know the rent there is high. I could also see it doing well locating in that new parking garage on Garland Avenue that the University is building retail space in to. Other than that though, as much as I hate to say it as a Fayetteville resident, it should probably go north in the metro. Fayetteville has a lot of ice cream places.

I hadn't realized this couple is also connected with UAMS BioVentures... these two have some great ideas! http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/article.aspx?aid=122249.54928.134378

Yeah I guess I have to agree with you. Although it would be nice in Fayetteville, there's quite a few ice cream places already in the city. I knew TCBY didn't have it's Arkansas ties anymore but guess I didn't realized they were based out of Utah now. Oh and thanks for the link. I didn't know that about the couple either.

Yeah I guess I have to agree with you. Although it would be nice in Fayetteville, there's quite a few ice cream places already in the city. I knew TCBY didn't have it's Arkansas ties anymore but guess I didn't realized they were based out of Utah now. Oh and thanks for the link. I didn't know that about the couple either.

I met the guy a few years back when I sold him a duplex. Really a nice guy and very intelligent. This sounds like a great opertunity for even more than one store in NWA

Personally, I am really excited about this. My wife and I really miss TCBY. I think that it could do as good in fayetteville as it would anywhere else. There are a lot of ice cream places, but they are all really expensive. C'mon people it's ice cream! TCBY would beat the prices of the competitors and the yogurt isn't too shabby either!

Personally, I am really excited about this. My wife and I really miss TCBY. I think that it could do as good in fayetteville as it would anywhere else. There are a lot of ice cream places, but they are all really expensive. C'mon people it's ice cream! TCBY would beat the prices of the competitors and the yogurt isn't too shabby either!

I guess I'm intrigued because I remember all the TCBY's when I was younger, back when TCBY was based in Little Rock. I also try to go for frozen yogurt over ice cream. I figure it's a little more healthy overall.

Sounds like Fayetteville is getting another Japanese restaurant. Later this month Meiji opens up in the Signature Square in northeast Fayetteville. They've even got a Facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fayetteville-AR/Meiji-Japanese-Cuisine/116267995072184

Also El Sancho Mexican Grill and Tequila Bar will open in the old Railhead Saloon. I think some of the family who operates La Huerta will be involved with this restaurant. They plan to serve food till 3AM in the weekends and will also have over 100 type of tequila. They also have a Facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fayetteville-AR/El-Sancho-Mexican-Grill-and-Tequila-Bar/109251059109353?ref=ts

I'm pretty sure I saw Meiji is open now and El Sancho is probably going to have a soft opening soon, possibly next week.

• 3 weeks later...

Meaux Dad's was leased to a group called Benchwarmer's. Basically a sports bar in the theme of Hooter's.

This will be another failure, I predict. Another sports bar--another hooters--in a suburban mall location? Yawn, yawn, yawn!

M

This will be another failure, I predict. Another sports bar--another hooters--in a suburban mall location? Yawn, yawn, yawn!

M

I agree, Mark.

I will say that I think a good sports bar done somewhere closer to downtown could work well.

Right now the options are Mall Land or Dickson. Dickson has the whole parking issue happening, and sports bars are more pupose driven, as in you don't just decide to go "the bars" and wind up at a sports bar. Usually you make a point to go there to watch a certain game. I guess Foghorn's qualifies for Midtown. Its amazing that place does such good business because I think its not really all that great. Its cramped and I'm not huge on their food, either.

I am big on north college /Midtown. I had another flash of genuis just now. When Arvest leaves their current location and builds anew at Township/College, I think that building would be a great spot for a good sports bar or BBQ joint. I think the drive-thru could be converted into a patio. Already covered and everything. :) A few more good places to get grub and beer along that stretch and we will have kind of a secondary entertainment area happening. I'd way rather see it develop on College than on Joyce.

I like seeing more reinvestment in the older, more central areas of town. I think Dickson/Downtown is getting close to maxed out on rents and availability, and that midtown and the Mill District are the next options. I'd love it if I never had to go north of Township ever again.

I like seeing more reinvestment in the older, more central areas of town. I think Dickson/Downtown is getting close to maxed out on rents and availability, and that midtown and the Mill District are the next options. I'd love it if I never had to go north of Township ever again.

I've always had hope that the Mill District would really come along. I know rent around Dickson can be pretty high and has driven some places out. It would be nice to have another area develop as a bit of a secondary entertainment district. Not to take anything away from Dickson St.

Yeah you don't hear much about Scandinavian cuisine. Very interesting to me because I have a lot of Swedish ancestry. I'll certainly have to check it out. Hjem sounds more Danish to me. Although southern Sweden actually has a lot of Danish influence. Anyway I'll stop going off on a tangent here. :)

Went to the square for a little dinner and happened to see people sitting outside on the patio. Inquired within and it was their unofficial soft opening. Had a wonderful goat cheese and chip start followed by a delicious crab on rye, Smoked Salmon on applesauce. Then we split a duck sandwich and finished with a cream and fresh fruit desert. Everything was tasty while the crab and salmon were outstanding. We'll definitely be back.....

Went to the square for a little dinner and happened to see people sitting outside on the patio. Inquired within and it was their unofficial soft opening. Had a wonderful goat cheese and chip start followed by a delicious crab on rye, Smoked Salmon on applesauce. Then we split a duck sandwich and finished with a cream and fresh fruit desert. Everything was tasty while the crab and salmon were outstanding. We'll definitely be back.....

Cool, thanks for the info. I was wondering when it might be opening.

M

It get's better...The former Smokey Bones sold to a restaurant developer opening a "Twin Peaks" format bar and grill, which is similar to Hooter's, only the waitresses wear lumberjack outfits. Open button flannel and cut off jean shorts.

Enjoy!

It get's better...The former Smokey Bones sold to a restaurant developer opening a "Twin Peaks" format bar and grill, which is similar to Hooter's, only the waitresses wear lumberjack outfits. Open button flannel and cut off jean shorts.

Enjoy!

Seems like everybody is jumping on that bandwagon. The former TGIF location is supposedly going to be a Tilted Kilt. I thought it was at first going to be a British style pub. Should have known that's an odd location for something like that. Turns out it's just a American style place, like Hooters as well. The waitresses just wear Scottish themed attire.

Sounds awesome! We tried to go on Saturday and it was already closed for a wedding. Do they have a liquor license?

M

KNWA was reporting about how there's a number of new restaurants and businesses around the Square. They mentioned that there would be a new organic restaurant in the Ball Plaza Bldg later this summer. But didn't give any details.

KNWA was reporting about how there's a number of new restaurants and businesses around the Square. They mentioned that there would be a new organic restaurant in the Ball Plaza Bldg later this summer. But didn't give any details.

It's called Weeat (pronounced wheat) Organic Pub & Cafe.

It was going to be a jazz club called "The Nines," but that fell through, I guess.

Weeat will specialize in toasted bagel sandwiches, grilled wraps, soups, salads and more. The owners say that selections will be primarily organic, built from locally grown produce and locally baked breads. They'll also have a small selection of wheat beers.

They said they hope to open in mid-to-late August.

It's called Weeat (pronounced wheat) Organic Pub & Cafe.

It was going to be a jazz club called "The Nines," but that fell through, I guess.

Weeat will specialize in toasted bagel sandwiches, grilled wraps, soups, salads and more. The owners say that selections will be primarily organic, built from locally grown produce and locally baked breads. They'll also have a small selection of wheat beers.

They said they hope to open in mid-to-late August.

Cool, thanks for the info. Oh and welcome to the forum. :D

Archived