Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

mcheiss

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, the Krispy Kreme actually surpassed the Home Office Cafeteria for the highest revenue last year. We were informed at the HQ about it. :D

According to the January 15 issue of the Gazette's Business Matters the Wal-Mart Cafeteria was the top revenue restaurant in Bentonville for December. The Cafeteria's A&P revenue of around $2,500 was about double what Krispy Kreme's A&P revenue was.

I guess the hooplah died down at Buffalo Wild Wings in Bentonville because in October they were #1 in A&P revenue and they've dropped considerably since then.

I believe that was the Rogers Wal-Mart... I shop all the Wal-Marts in Benton County and the Springdale Wal-Mart when I'm in that neck of the woods. Not sure which Wal-Marts, besides Rogers, have a Krispy Kreme stand at the front checkouts.

I always thought that Bentonville and the South Rogers store had Krispy Kreme stands at them as well.

I always thought that Bentonville and the South Rogers store had Krispy Kreme stands at them as well.

Still, it blows me away when our brand new Krispy Kreme in Bentonville runs out of probably the most popular donut in the world, yet you can go to any of the Wal-Marts and grab up as many boxes of Krispy Kreme glazed donuts.

Does the Krispy Kreme store provide the Wal-Marts with their donuts or does Wal-Mart get them from somewhere else?

Still, it blows me away when our brand new Krispy Kreme in Bentonville runs out of probably the most popular donut in the world, yet you can go to any of the Wal-Marts and grab up as many boxes of Krispy Kreme glazed donuts.

Does the Krispy Kreme store provide the Wal-Marts with their donuts or does Wal-Mart get them from somewhere else?

Don't ask me, we don't have a Krispy Kreme down here in Fayetteville. :lol:

But you do have at least 2 Wal-Marts. :D

Yeah two supercenters and a future Sam's. I think we may have a couple of Neighborhood Markets as well, although I can only think of one offhand.

Here's something I wish I had thought of before. It's probably not the most up to date but here's a link to a website that has menus for restaurants around northwest Arkansas.

http://nwamenus.com/index.asp

Thought this might be useful to those who are newer and may not have noticed this back here in the topic.

La Huerta originally looked at Hog Haus after the Ozark Brewery went out. They had been looking at the old Cafe Santa Fe but due to structural concerns they have backed out of there. I think the Dickson Street location looks good.

Here's the post about La Huerta. Das450 have you heard anymore about this?

Thanks for the link! I've always wanted to see a menu for the Crumpet Tea Room in Rogers but was always afraid to go in there. Guess it's a man-thing. :D

Yeah it's a useful site. I'm not sure how up to date they keep it. Maybe I'll just have to keep bumping it so that newer people can easily find it.

Yeah two supercenters and a future Sam's. I think we may have a couple of Neighborhood Markets as well, although I can only think of one offhand.

Thought this might be useful to those who are newer and may not have noticed this back here in the topic.

Here's the post about La Huerta. Das450 have you heard anymore about this?

I have not heard anymore but it is not likely they will be moving into the old Cafe Santa Fe.

There is a Neighborhood Market in Springdale and one in Fayetteville.

There was an article in today's Arkansas Democrat Gazette about the Sanctuary. Apparently the restaurant is in an old church building. The owner got the idea of an Atlanta restaurant called the Abbey which was also in a former church. They have a 2,200 bottle wine cellar.

There was an article in today's Arkansas Democrat Gazette about the Sanctuary. Apparently the restaurant is in an old church building. The owner got the idea of an Atlanta restaurant called the Abbey which was also in a former church. They have a 2,200 bottle wine cellar.

Yes, the Sanctuary recently opened in downtown Bentonville. It's suppose to be one of the fanciest restaurants in NWA. I haven't been yet, but I'm pretty sure it's a jacket and tie kind of deal.

Yes, the Sanctuary recently opened in downtown Bentonville. It's suppose to be one of the fanciest restaurants in NWA. I haven't been yet, but I'm pretty sure it's a jacket and tie kind of deal.

It's about time those rich executive types have someplace to eat. I know middle income types keep getting an endless choice of restaurants.

Here's a pic of the Sanctuary.

img0733s8yj.jpg

It was pretty interesting seeing restaurants some of you guys have mentioned as I went around Rogers and Bentonville today. Although most were as I was driving by and I didn't attempt to try to take pics of all of them.

Looks like Alligator Ray's just off Dickson has been pushing the smoking ban. Apparently they had started allowing people to smoke because they considered themselves more a bar than a restaurant. Of course the city found out about this and and threatened to fine and possibly close the restaurant so they're back to being smoke fee. Fayetteville has told them that they need proof they sell more alcohol than food. Apparently Alligator Rays is also considering sueing the city. I guess I'm surprised this didn't take place more immediately after the smoking ban was put in place. Seems a bit odd now that it's been in effect a while now.

Guess the owner of Alligator Ray's finally got tired of hearing his customers say they'll find someplace else to drink. Maybe all the restaurants on Dickson Street should become bars. That should improve Fayetteville's image quite a bit.

What's funny is that even some of the pubs and such made enough money to be classified as restaurants as opposed to bars so the smoking ban went into effect for them too. I couldn't imagine it being that big of a deal to Alligator Rays as opposed to any other place in the city though.

Archived