Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

mcheiss

It looks like Benchwarmers may never happen, at least not in the former O'Charley's/Meaux Dad's building. Grub's Uptown will be taking the space. It will just be a second location for the popular just off Dickson Sports bar.

I do wonder if it has anything to do with Walton Arts Center's possible expansion in the future on the current Grub's site...

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting. I'd rather see a local place like Grub's expand than a chain like Benchwarmers anyway (and I actually think a local place with a strong reputation like Grub's might be more successful in a troubled location than a chain people are less familiar with). The Benchwarmer's website still shows "future locations" in Fayetteville, Fort Smith, and two in Little Rock, for what that's worth.

Grub's has become a Dickson Street area institution- if the WAC expansion does happen there (which I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for), I'd hope they could find another space in the Dickson St. area to continue to serve that customer base, or their business overall will probably take a hit.

Yeah I've got to agree, I'd like to see a local restaurant do well over a chain. That is some rather interesting news. I've been hearing some sort of announcement is coming Wednesday about the WAC. Rather interesting this news is coming out about the same time. Guess everyone in Fayetteville will have to keep their fingers crossed.

• 2 weeks later...

The former Ryan's/Fire Mountain building will be opening up as a BBQ restaurant soon. Buck Nekkid will be the new name. I'm glad something will be finally filling this space.

Here is the website: Buck Nekkid

Out of curiosity, where did you get this info? I don't see any plans submitted to the Health Dept. when I checked their website.

http://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/eng/planreview/EHP/Washington.htm

Sounds like O'Charley's has closed in Rogers so now all the locations in NWA are gone. And apparently Moonberries down on Dickson has changed again. They changed their name from Orange Mango to Moonberries because their name was similar to Red Mango and Orange Leaf. Now it ends up being an Orange Leaf after all. Sounds like Moonberries is looking for another location off of Dickson St.

• 2 weeks later...

Posted over in the Lofts at Underwood Plaza topic. Thought I'd share the info over here as well. I didn't realize El Sancho had closed either.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone heard of Mary Maestri's opening in Fayetteville? I just got a post from a friend on Facebook and she said she just had a meal at Maestri's, but she hasn't replied to my request for a location. Anyone???

No, I'm sorta wondering if the person was confused. The state shut Mary Maestri's down because of the failure to pay it's taxes. I have a hard time seeing the state letting them reopen again at another location. Maybe if they came up with all the back taxes they owed and such. But I was thinking they owed quite a bit.

No, I'm sorta wondering if the person was confused. The state shut Mary Maestri's down because of the failure to pay it's taxes. I have a hard time seeing the state letting them reopen again at another location. Maybe if they came up with all the back taxes they owed and such. But I was thinking they owed quite a bit.

Got confirmation from my friend...it is in with the Nibbles catering business. It is not a full restaurant, but it is back behind the Liquor World on College in Fayetteville.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like another restaurant has closed in Springdale - the TaMolly's building across from the NWA Convention Center/Holiday Inn has been dark for a couple of weeks now. Too bad too; for a mini-chain, they had good food, service was always good, but the location was far from ideal and there were never too many people in there, even in the middle of the lunch rush. That, and the up-front cost of a new build were probably too much for them to handle. Oh, well. Now where will I EVER get Mexican food in Springdale?!?!

Little India has moved to a much larger location in Lowell, AR. It has an expanded menu and much expanded buffet. The previous poor or even non-existant table service has been replaced with much better customer care. There are full restaraunt dishes, galsses and silverware. Even spoke with the owner / cook on two occasions at the new location. We have been quite pleased with the experience and feel the food is more authentic tasting than Chutney's. Glad to have another good Indian restaraunt in NWA.

http://www.littleindianwa.com/Directions.aspx

Little India has moved to a much larger location in Lowell, AR. It has an expanded menu and much expanded buffet. The previous poor or even non-existent table service has been replaced with much better customer care. There are full restaurant dishes, glasses and silverware. Even spoke with the owner / cook on two occasions at the new location. We have been quite pleased with the experience and feel the food is more authentic tasting than Chutney's. Glad to have another good Indian restaurant in NWA.

http://www.littleindianwa.com/Directions.aspx

Good to hear, thanks for the update.

In other restaurant news, after changing it's name to Golden Bull a while back it's looks like the uptown Fayetteville restaurant has finally closed. But while that area has had some problems with restaurant closings there have been several openings in the past few weeks. Northern Exposure, HuHot Mongolian Grill and Grubs Uptown have all recently opened in that area.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The former Long John Silver's building at College & Sycamore has been turned into Smokin Hog BBQ:

http://www.fayettevilleflyer.com/2011/03/24/now-open-smokin-hog-b-b-q/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=now-open-smokin-hog-b-b-q

Good to see that long vacant spot used for something.

That opened up sooner than I thought. Thanks for the info. It's great to see something in there after being vacant for so many years.

• 4 weeks later...

There's been a sign down on the Fayetteville Square about the West Mountain Brewing Company coming soon since 1998. Looks like it's finally actually going to be opening soon. Apparently the owner really was intending to open it back then. But the company he bought all the brewing equipment from went bankrupt and he got the short end of the stick. If everything goes to plan they'll have beer by the end of September.

Archived