Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

mcheiss

There's been a sign down on the Fayetteville Square about the West Mountain Brewing Company coming soon since 1998. Looks like it's finally actually going to be opening soon. Apparently the owner really was intending to open it back then. But the company he bought all the brewing equipment from went bankrupt and he got the short end of the stick. If everything goes to plan they'll have beer by the end of September.

I forgot about that place, thought that the pizza place had just kind of adopted the equipment and it never materialized. Good to know that it will finally open up.

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's already been mentioned that Kosmos will be opening a location on College Ave. Everyone was just trying to figure out whether the restaurant is moving or opening a second location. Apparently it's moving and will be closing it's location on Dickson St.

• 4 weeks later...

Mellow Mushroom is open in Village in the Creeks. The entrance has a disco ball mirrored VW Bug rotating upside down. :)

Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

And speaking of new restaurants. Sounds like Buck Nekkid BBQ is now open in the old Ryans/Fire Mountain Grill location in Fayetteville. I think it's specializing in Texas style BBQ.

Been forgetting to mention this for a while. Especially since I go by this area a lot when I'm out on the Mud Creek Trail a lot. Looks like Poasta Plata should be opening soon at the old Fuddruckers location in Fayetteville. Sounds like it's going to be going for upscale Mexican food. Something a little different than most of the Mexican restaurants in the area. Sound like they're also going to try to have the largest selection of tequila in the state as well. They've had a sign out front that they're now hiring for a little while now.

Also right across the street, in the old TGI Friday's building I'm guessing, will be a Tilted Kilt. This is according to the Washington County Health Permit page.

This does seem quite strange considering Northern Exposure is within walking distance and both seem very similar in style. I had kind of thought that Northern Exposure was origionally going to be the Tilted Kilt but the owner went out on his own and just kind of borrowed the concept.

Also right across the street, in the old TGI Friday's building I'm guessing, will be a Tilted Kilt. This is according to the Washington County Health Permit page.

This does seem quite strange considering Northern Exposure is within walking distance and both seem very similar in style. I had kind of thought that Northern Exposure was origionally going to be the Tilted Kilt but the owner went out on his own and just kind of borrowed the concept.

The Tilted Kilt? Have to look that one up. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds like Dunkin' Donuts is going to be making a big move into Arkansas in the upcoming years. Sixteen possible stores throughout the state with seven in the Ft Smith/NWA area. They mainly focused on the franchises outside our area in their press release. For now it sounds like only one will be scheduled to open in 2012. Sounds like all the others will come after that. One of the articles I read made it sounds like that first location might be in Ft Smith, not NWA.

Sounds like Dunkin' Donuts is going to be making a big move into Arkansas in the upcoming years. Sixteen possible stores throughout the state with seven in the Ft Smith/NWA area. They mainly focused on the franchises outside our area in their press release. For now it sounds like only one will be scheduled to open in 2012. Sounds like all the others will come after that. One of the articles I read made it sounds like that first location might be in Ft Smith, not NWA.

I had a friend some years back who hung a Dunkin Donuts drive-up window off of his Citgo Station in Massachusetts. He immediately did $70-80k per month in sales and made an obscene profit, People love their Dunkin Donuts--particularly the coffee.

Mark

I had a friend some years back who hung a Dunkin Donuts drive-up window off of his Citgo Station in Massachusetts. He immediately did $70-80k per month in sales and made an obscene profit, People love their Dunkin Donuts--particularly the coffee.

Mark

My understanding is that the franchisee owns and operates convenience stores and will be co-branding and co-locating the DD's with their gas stations. Starting in Fort Smith.

My understanding is that the franchisee owns and operates convenience stores and will be co-branding and co-locating the DD's with their gas stations. Starting in Fort Smith.

Sounds like the exact same deal as they were doing in Massachusetts....

Ahhh, thanks for the info. I had thought their plans seemed very ambitious. But if they're just putting their product into local gas stations then it makes a little more sense.

Ahhh, thanks for the info. I had thought their plans seemed very ambitious. But if they're just putting their product into local gas stations then it makes a little more sense.

That does make more sense- they probably won't make the donuts on site but deliver them from a central location. That will hurt the product though- Krispy Kreme donuts aren't nearly as good when they are shipped from elsewhere. I've tried Dunkin Donuts and wasn't impressed- KK was much better.

Of course- Rick's Bakery is better than both!

That does make more sense- they probably won't make the donuts on site but deliver them from a central location. That will hurt the product though- Krispy Kreme donuts aren't nearly as good when they are shipped from elsewhere. I've tried Dunkin Donuts and wasn't impressed- KK was much better.

Of course- Rick's Bakery is better than both!

Indeed! What people like most about DD is their coffee. It ain't bad. Yes, you are right. They ship donuts out to most all DDs.

Indeed! What people like most about DD is their coffee. It ain't bad. Yes, you are right. They ship donuts out to most all DDs.

I hope that they have at least one regular store say around the Pinnacle area.

On another note, Boston's is closed. Decision of the hotel owners. They are already being approached by other restaurants, so I expect there will be something announced there shortly.

My opinion, Mellow Mushroom did them in. Anyone see the crowds there? Wow! I think the Boston's concept just could not compete with that so near.

Five Guys looks to be opening real soon.

Drove by Five Guys today. A sign on the door says opening Wednesday; can't wait. We love Five Guys, even better than In-N-Out. Also, the pad is in place for the Panda Express on S. Walton, and work is ongoing.

Wednesday? Great!

Where on S. Walton?

I wish someone would buy or lease the old Gaylord's location in downtown Fayetteville from Ed Knight and put a good restaurant in there. It is an interesting building and years ago they had a great business over there!

Mark

Directly across from the Peel Mansion, which means cross from the WM Supercenter. I think I ate at a Panda Express once, and it was good (as good as fast-food Chinese goes, anyway)

Thanks!

Oh, the Pinnacle Station now has a restaurant open from 5 pm where they serve full meals and even alcohol.

Oh man, I miss Oscar's. Best au gratin potatoes ever. Hubby and I used to print off their online coupon and get two great steak dinners for $35. We were so sad when they closed.

I'll have to try Pinnacle Station again; it's been awhile. My kids love to eat there because I can have my "fancy food" and they can have their neon slurpees with their dinner.

Posta Plata hasn't even opened yet, but changes have already been announced. Apparently the chef and restaurant have parted ways. Now the restaurant is saying it will be more traditional Mexican food rather than the upscale Mexican food it was touting earlier. It's too bad because I think the area could use something different like some upscale Mexican place. Just seems to me that it's going to be hard for them to distinguish themselves from everyone else if they're going to serve 'traditional' Mexican food. But good luck to them anyway.

Archived