Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

mcheiss

• 1 month later...

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Z's Pizza and Pasta will be taking the old Tim's Pizza building on N. College (near Gator Golf). Zac Painter is a former Arkansas football player and owns Z's bar off of West Avenue, hopefully he makes some good pizza as well. Glad to see another vacant building on College filling up.

Z's Pizza and Pasta will be taking the old Tim's Pizza building on N. College (near Gator Golf). Zac Painter is a former Arkansas football player and owns Z's bar off of West Avenue, hopefully he makes some good pizza as well. Glad to see another vacant building on College filling up.

Speaking of new restaurants in Fayetteville. I heard Coco's Lebanese Cafe will be opening near Scarpino'son West Ave.

Forgot to mention this earlier, but looks lke the new Japanese steakhouse Sumo, opened in the last week or so near the Olive Garden in Fayetteville. That location hasn't been particularly good to restaurants. Then consindering how close Kobe is and Shogun is basically just down the road as well. Makes you wonder if another Japanese restaurant will work in that area. Especially since it sounds like it's basically going to be serving the same style and type of food from what I can tell.

• 1 month later...

Interesting thing has happened in the Highlands Crossing center in Bella Vista (west part of town, in the Gravette school district near Lancashire and Forest Hills Blvd. intersection).

The Acoustic Mud Coffee House has opened literally across the parking lot from Verde Limon mexican restaurant which itself opened last fall. They join the Subway and a cake shoppe (if the latter is still open) in that center, though the last two are located in the building facing Forest Hills. This (coupled with the pizza bakery at the Casey's convenience store at the corner of those two streets, which I believe was the very first Casey's to open in their wave of development in NWA) gives west Bella Vista residents an eclectic mix of dining where only the Subway was in place about 6 years ago after the center first opened. (EDIT: I forgot to mention Grand Central Station, the convenience store on the southwest corner of those two streets, which has its own restaurant and has been serving Bella Vista a LONG time :)

I havent been up there in a while, but I always felt Bella Vista needs dining destinations. Unless, of course, you are heading to your grandparents house, or the unfortunate friend that got a good deal on a house without realizing that if you dont play golf, you are in the middle of nowhere.

I havent been up there in a while, but I always felt Bella Vista needs dining destinations. Unless, of course, you are heading to your grandparents house, or the unfortunate friend that got a good deal on a house without realizing that if you dont play golf, you are in the middle of nowhere.

Heh. Actually, that could have been indeed have been said about western Bella Vista and its' Highlands area in the Gravette school district (BV is split roughly in the longitude along Camden Road between the Gravette and Bentonville school districts). There are several restaurants in East BV along U.S 71, plus there are some new fast food ones at Jane, Missouri right across the line. But west Bella Vista has really come on in that Highlands Crossing area the past couple years. (BTW, the cake shop is still there - Tiffany's / Cake Smacker.)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A couple of new restaurants coming into the area! 

Apple Blossom Brewing Company will be opening a brewery and restaurant on Zion Rd in Fayetteville.  They are expected to have a 200-250 restaurant and have multiple handcrafted beers on tap.  I am super excited about this and can't wait until it's open!  Here is a link to the Fayetteville Flyer article:

http://www.fayettevilleflyer.com/2013/01/10/apple-blossom-brewing-company-coming-soon-to-north-fayetteville/

Also Dickey's BBQ will be expanding across the state.  They currently have one in Lowell but will be opening 3 more in NWA in Fayetteville, Bentonville, and Rogers respectively. 

Finally some new restaurants to discuss...

A couple of new restaurants coming into the area! 

Apple Blossom Brewing Company will be opening a brewery and restaurant on Zion Rd in Fayetteville.  They are expected to have a 200-250 restaurant and have multiple handcrafted beers on tap.  I am super excited about this and can't wait until it's open!  Here is a link to the Fayetteville Flyer article:

http://www.fayettevilleflyer.com/2013/01/10/apple-blossom-brewing-company-coming-soon-to-north-fayetteville/

Also Dickey's BBQ will be expanding across the state.  They currently have one in Lowell but will be opening 3 more in NWA in Fayetteville, Bentonville, and Rogers respectively. 

Finally some new restaurants to discuss...

Seems like brew pubs have really taken off in Fayetteville the last year or so.  And speaking of brew pubs.  Sounds like there's also a new/somewhat new one in Springdale as well called Core Brewing Company..

So are we going to get a Chuys restaurant now that one is coming to Little Rock?  Can anyone confirm?

We are in such need of Tex-Mex places in NWA.  Abuelos is about the best we have.  I would love to see Chuys come.

Or any others such as Pappasitos, Cantina Laredo, Local Lime (Little Rock), etc.

So are we going to get a Chuys restaurant now that one is coming to Little Rock?  Can anyone confirm?

We are in such need of Tex-Mex places in NWA.  Abuelos is about the best we have.  I would love to see Chuys come.

Or any others such as Pappasitos, Cantina Laredo, Local Lime (Little Rock), etc.

I heard someone claim they had seen a sign in Rogers for a future Chuy's.  But a representative for the company said it wasn't for their chain.  Also gave the indication that there wouldn't be one coming this year. 

I heard from a little birdie that Legacy Blues will be no more after this weekend and that a company that owns several Italian restaurants in Benton County is going in their spot. This is good news as far as i am concerned. While i think the space they occupied was cool, the place seemed like management didnt know what market they were aiming at and was very disjointed. Food was expensive, servers a notch below Grubb's, messy porches, odd portion sizes...just a weird experience. M

I heard from a little birdie that Legacy Blues will be no more after this weekend and that a company that owns several Italian restaurants in Benton County is going in their spot. This is good news as far as i am concerned. While i think the space they occupied was cool, the place seemed like management didnt know what market they were aiming at and was very disjointed. Food was expensive, servers a notch below Grubb's, messy porches, odd portion sizes...just a weird experience. M

I never went there but I am very glad to hear that it will have something else taking it's place quickly!  Thanks for the update Mark.

I don't really care where they come into the area, as long as they get here.  A huge miss on this market is Tex-Mex (which is very different from Mexican).  I love the places that make the homemade flour tortillas in front of you, homemade guac, and cheese dip.  Plus they usually have excellent drinks and margaritas. 

I really hope they decide to come to NWA and I think it will be a homerun for the chain.

Chuy's is looking, near Promenade and in Fayetteville...

I wonder why the denial then.  Although technically the rep didn't say they weren't looking.  Mainly that there wouldn't be a location open this year.  But if you'd think with it being this early in the year there's plenty of time to open something before the end of the year if they really are seriously looking.

I wonder why the denial then.  Although technically the rep didn't say they weren't looking.  Mainly that there wouldn't be a location open this year.  But if you'd think with it being this early in the year there's plenty of time to open something before the end of the year if they really are seriously looking.

You don't have to take my word for it, but I know for a fact they are looking in Fayetteville and are in negotiations on a site in Rogers. You can look through my post history to see if I've been wrong about any one single thing.

You don't have to take my word for it, but I know for a fact they are looking in Fayetteville and are in negotiations on a site in Rogers. You can look through my post history to see if I've been wrong about any one single thing.

I believe you for sure.  You have been right on everything you have posted and I think that you are a great addition to Urban Planet!   

I believe you on this front too.  I have heard 2 other people say they also know that Chuys is looking in the area.  I can't wait for them to get here.

Archived