Will our US borders ever be safe?

RiverwoodCLT

To head Immigration and Customs Enforcement, a key agency in the Department of Homeland Security, President Bush has nominated 36-year-old Julie Myers. Other than a stint at the Treasury Department dealing with money laundering, her background does not appear to include any direct experience with immigration or customs.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...EDGN7EUB7C1.DTL

Some other articals on this site.

http://www.thewakeupamericafoundation.com./

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Homeland Security should be named Homeland InSecurity. This is another Bush expansion of government, which is loaded down with cronies and gets absolutely nothing done. Except maybe to change the color of the stupid security code system that goes from yellow to red and back.

How in the world can they do anything about stopping terrorists when millions of illegals come across the borders at will? They can't. But hey, there are plenty of new government cronies pulling down big salaries in Homeland Security.

So why are they not doing anything about it? Well first the Feds have no money. We are borrowing $6B/month for Iraq. There is no desire to spend money on the public in the USA. Why should they do that? Second the Bush administration has sold out to big business and as a result doesn't want to crack down on the cheap labor that big business loves here. Unfortunately we are stuck with this situation until people start voting out the Republican beotchs that are running the government right now.

It will be impossible to stop the illegals from coming over the border until the Mexican government stops helping them come over and the political correctness that rules the day is thrown aside. Mexico's entire economy is based on the money that comes from the United States from the illegals. The Hispanic vote is becoming ever more important and for some reason many Hispanics feel some affinity with their illegal brothers.

The best thing to do is put the military on the border. In one lesser known mission, the military had a training exercise in which they secured a section of the border for nearly two months and in the section where the military was, successful crossings dropped to zero, drugs were intercepted, and it was an overall success. No one is going to try to cross when they will be met with a tank. I think a wall would also be a good idea but that would probably not be feasible.

I have one question to those who question the success of the "war on terror" and "homeland security". Why have we not been attacked? Something must be right.

As for the growing deficit, there have been proposals to cut programs which have costs that are spiraling out of control. Of course these cuts have been met with widespread refusal of consideration. The budget needs to be balanced and this congress is not doing a good job at all at bringing the budget together.

This is part of an e-mail I got from Frosty Wooldridge.

Today in America, 10 million illegal alien Mexicans inhabit our major cities. We suffer 56 Mexican consulates that support that lawlessness in major cities. The commensurate fraud of counterfeited green cards, birth certificates, social security cards and driver

From Investors.com:

The Myth Of No-Cost Immigrants

Conventional wisdom says immigrants are not a financial burden to taxpayers because they work hard, pay taxes and rarely go on the dole. But it's a myth, and a new study blows another hole in it. The University of Florida finds that immigrant families have been costing that state a net $1,800 per household per year, a financial burden much larger than previously thought. The findings surprised the study's author, who is a pro-immigration Democrat. After crunching the numbers, economist David Denslow discovered immigrants

Then I would elect sending your grandparents or great grandparents or whoever back to the country that they came from. Becuase it's clear to me that they cost our nation way too much.

This is a threat about "safe borders" implying terrorist attacks or things of the sort, not an invitation to start the immigration debate. Ugh... ...

^ Well I would contend that as long as they came here legally their cost is something we as a nation decided to take on via the laws we have passed and programs we have established, unlike illegal immigrants who we as a nation have specifically stated via our immigration laws have no legal right to live, work, or receive benefits here.

The title specifically mentions enforcement of border laws, thus discussion of illegal immigration is clearly relevant.

• 4 weeks later...

The military must be put on the border. The Mexican military helps illegals get into the U.S., including actual intrusion into U.S. territory! I would think the Mexican military would be there to prevent crossings; couldn't be further from the truth. Vicente Fox is one problem (well, the Mexican govt. in general...), and why Bush seems so buddy-buddy with him is beyond me. The radical groups listed earlier are another.

One thing is that some people claim that nobody else will do the labor that the illegals will do; how about welfare recipients? Not to mention, are there an infinite number of these kinds of jobs? Eventually, the number of jobs/illegals will be way out of equilibrium, and I suspect it is already.

Why don't more American companies go to Mexico instead of China? Why feed the military menance our dollars when we could send that money to Mexico? More jobs in Mexico, fewer illegals here, right? I know, overly simplistic. :unsure:

Archived