University of Arkansas Projects

mcheiss

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's pretty cool, I didn't know the UofA had atleast 5 pieces of Pubic Art Work. Really does add that sense of Urbanism to the University and Fayetteville.

Yeah, there is another fountain too, but they turn it off at this time of year so I didn't bother taking any pics of it.

Work has started on John McDonnell Field's renovations. The bleachers have already been taken down and the expansion work is underway. It should be the nicest college outdoor facility in the country when it's finished, to go along with the nicest Indoor facility.

That'll be another good recruiting tool for track and cross country. Hopefully this will have an effect like the new weight room has had on Football.

That'll be another good recruiting tool for track and cross country. Hopefully this will have an effect like the new weight room has had on Football.

Umm, we're WORSE in football and we really can't get much BETTER in track.

I know what you mean, though. Mostly I'm glad to see McDonnell get every reward he can for what he's done here. I also want to see all the pieces in place so that when he does retire, we can get whatever coach we choose as his replacement.

I know what you mean, though. Mostly I'm glad to see McDonnell get every reward he can for what he's done here. I also want to see all the pieces in place so that when he does retire, we can get whatever coach we choose as his replacement.

I agree. McDonnell is an amazing coach and I believe he has won the most National NCAA Championships of any NCAA Coach ever!!

Work has started on John McDonnell Field's renovations. The bleachers have already been taken down and the expansion work is underway. It should be the nicest college outdoor facility in the country when it's finished, to go along with the nicest Indoor facility.

I didn't realize it was supposed to be that nice. Yeah I noticed while I was out taking pics. It's basically right across the street from the Islamic Center. I had stopped by there to take some pics and noticed the work going on over there.

I agree. McDonnell is an amazing coach and I believe he has won the most National NCAA Championships of any NCAA Coach ever!!

Yeah I don't know who's second but I do know McDonnell has a huge lead.

Here is a list of current projects that are taking place on the UofA campus:

1)Expansion of Law building

2)Expansion of Vol Walker Hall (architure building)

3)Renovation of chemistry building

4)Renovation of Old Main

5)Renovation of band building on Garland

6)Building new Graduate Business building

7)Building Center for academic excellence building

8)Renovation of out door track facility

9)The board of trustees has approved for the new Maple Hall dorm to be built, so they should start on that soon

That is all I can think of right now off the top of my head...there its a very exciting time at the UofA with all the construction and growth taking place.

Here is a list of current projects that are taking place on the UofA campus:

1)Expansion of Law building

2)Expansion of Vol Walker Hall (architure building)

3)Renovation of chemistry building

4)Renovation of Old Main

5)Renovation of band building on Garland

6)Building new Graduate Business building

7)Building Center for academic excellence building

8)Renovation of out door track facility

9)The board of trustees has approved for the new Maple Hall dorm to be built, so they should start on that soon

That is all I can think of right now off the top of my head...there its a very exciting time at the UofA with all the construction and growth taking place.

Yeah there is a lot going on, thanks for all the info Razorbackfan. Although I had noticed much of that I didn't know that they were expanding Vol Walker. Also while I think Matt mentioned the new Maple dorm before. I don't think either one of us ever heard where exactly it's going to be located. Any ideas?

Here's another project.

A $ 50. 4 million residence hall project that includes two four story buidings, that should be 215, 000 square-foot complex. This is part of the UofA's plan to reach enrollment of 22,500 students by 2010, which includes 3,000 freshmen. This fall the campus reported an enrollment of 17, 821 to the Arkansas Department of Higher Education.

Here's another project.

A $ 50. 4 million residence hall project that includes two four story buidings, that should be 215, 000 square-foot complex. This is part of the UofA's plan to reach enrollment of 22,500 students by 2010, which includes 3,000 freshmen. This fall the campus reported an enrollment of 17, 821 to the Arkansas Department of Higher Education.

Yes, this is the Maple Hill Dorm and it will be built where fullbright dorm use to be between Reid and NWQ. It was approved last night and they hired a architect and say it should be done by fall of 2007.

Yes, this is the Maple Hill Dorm and it will be built where fullbright dorm use to be between Reid and NWQ. It was approved last night and they hired a architect and say it should be done by fall of 2007.

Ah, so that's where it's going then. Makes sense since there used to be a dorm there. Between Reid and Hotz. I'm surprised a bit they haven't tried reconverting Hotz back into a dorm. Although I imagine it's easier to build a new dorm instead. Especially if you're wanting it to be attractive enough to get students to want to stay there. I might have to go back the the campus and take a few pics of all these developments going on around campus. Anyone have any interest in that? I think I'm going to have more free time this weekend than I thought so I'm trying to decide if I want to go somewhere to take pics.

Ah, so that's where it's going then. Makes sense since there used to be a dorm there. Between Reid and Hotz. I'm surprised a bit they haven't tried reconverting Hotz back into a dorm. Although I imagine it's easier to build a new dorm instead. Especially if you're wanting it to be attractive enough to get students to want to stay there. I might have to go back the the campus and take a few pics of all these developments going on around campus. Anyone have any interest in that? I think I'm going to have more free time this weekend than I thought so I'm trying to decide if I want to go somewhere to take pics.

I wouldn't mind seeing some pics. :D

I wouldn't mind seeing some pics. :D

Okay, if I don't do it this weekend then I'll do it a little later or maybe after Christmas. Since I have more time than anticipated this weekend I've also considered trying to go to Rogers and Bentonville sometime this weekend to take pics too.

Okay, if I don't do it this weekend then I'll do it a little later or maybe after Christmas. Since I have more time than anticipated this weekend I've also considered trying to go to Rogers and Bentonville sometime this weekend to take pics too.

Sweet.

Can't wait to see of my home turf.

Sweet.

Can't wait to see of my home turf.

Hey Matt it's called go outside everyo once in a while. Just kidding! I know what you mean I just had to mention that. Any ideas if downtown Rogers or Bentonville will be bad because of holiday shoppers? I don't know what's down there. If it is then I might want to wait till after Christmas. Just even trying to go anywhere near northern Fayetteville around the mall area can be a big mistake.

Hey Matt it's called go outside everyo once in a while. Just kidding! I know what you mean I just had to mention that. Any ideas if downtown Rogers or Bentonville will be bad because of holiday shoppers? I don't know what's down there. If it is then I might want to wait till after Christmas. Just even trying to go anywhere near northern Fayetteville around the mall area can be a big mistake.

:rofl::rofl:

Don't even worry about Holiday Shoppers in Downtown Areas. There's not a whole lot of shops in the downtowns, but they are growing.

:rofl::rofl:

Don't even worry about Holiday Shoppers in Downtown Areas. There's not a whole lot of shops in the downtowns, but they are growing.

Okay just thought I'd ask ahead of time in case I decide to make the trip up there. By the way here a shot of the construction around the Law Building. It was near the Hank Kaminsky Razorback statue. It's only one shot but I'll get more in the near future.

img55936ry.jpg

The design of these dorm is suppose to be a mixture of the two. A room will have two beds and then two roods will be connected with a bathroom in the middle. So 4 people will share a bathroom, which is better then 60 people sharing a bathroom. It is suppose to be similar looking to NWQ as in the red brick etc.

The design of these dorm is suppose to be a mixture of the two. A room will have two beds and then two roods will be connected with a bathroom in the middle. So 4 people will share a bathroom, which is better then 60 people sharing a bathroom. It is suppose to be similar looking to NWQ as in the red brick etc.

Cool thanks for the update.

Archived