University of Arkansas Projects

mcheiss

Kinda reminds me of Harry Potter. :lol:

It just wouldn't be the same without people flying around on broomsticks! :P

Weird. I've been reading some articles about how several universities have started teaching Eastern Esoteric Magic. Looks like the UofA could stand a chance of becoming the next Hogwort's! I knew there were quite a few Wiccans living in NWA, but now it seems very likely.

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have my doubts that they'll start anything like that anywhere in the near future.

It would be hard to fathom in the Bible Belt, but interestingly most school and university libraries find that books on Eastern Esoteric Magic are checked out more often than books on various religions. I guess the popularity of movies like Harry Potter and tv shows like Bewtiched and Charmed are a good sign that magical studies are quickly becoming a norm. I've actually just found an interest in Christian Magic which is one of the least popular areas of magical studies. It has nothing to do with sorcery or witchcraft like Wicca, but it's interesting all the same.

It would be hard to fathom in the Bible Belt, but interestingly most school and university libraries find that books on Eastern Esoteric Magic are checked out more often than books on various religions. I guess the popularity of movies like Harry Potter and tv shows like Bewtiched and Charmed are a good sign that magical studies are quickly becoming a norm. I've actually just found an interest in Christian Magic which is one of the least popular areas of magical studies. It has nothing to do with sorcery or witchcraft like Wicca, but it's interesting all the same.

Not that this is the kind of thing I like to say in a up forum, but avoid that magic stuff if you can. It's source of interest is fueled by a divine self image, which only shields from knowing the truly divine.

Not that this is the kind of thing I like to say in a up forum, but avoid that magic stuff if you can. It's source of interest is fueled by a divine self image, which only shields from knowing the truly divine.

My post isn't about religion, it's about how many school and university libraries have found that more students are researching Eastern Esoteric Magic than they are religion. I could say a lot about religion, but you're right that UP isn't the place for it. My reference to Christian Magic is a non-religious topic.

I think you're referring to Wiccans, whose source is "fuelded by a divine self image," whereas Christian Magic is about "knowing the truly divine."

My post isn't about religion, it's about how many school and university libraries have found that more students are researching Eastern Esoteric Magic than they are religion. I could say a lot about religion, but you're right that UP isn't the place for it. My reference to Christian Magic is a non-religious topic.

I think you're referring to Wiccans, whose source is "fuelded by a divine self image," whereas Christian Magic is about "knowing the truly divine."

I won't say any more (I agree we shouldn't talk about it here).

Thanks for the pics.

The style of these is a bit modern for my taste, but I like the way they sort of blend the styles of the older buildings with the other 1960s buildings to create an architectural flow between the different parts of campus they bridge.

Those east facing hilltop windows will have excellent views of downtown and Mt. Sequoyah.

Thanks for the pics.

The style of these is a bit modern for my taste, but I like the way they sort of blend the styles of the older buildings with the other 1960s buildings to create an architectural flow between the different parts of campus they bridge.

Those east facing hilltop windows will have excellent views of downtown and Mt. Sequoyah.

Man, I agree. It already looks outdated and it's not even finished.

It does have an odd look to it. But I'll wait till I see the finished product before I make any judgement yet. Thanks for the pics Matt. I guess I haven't been by over here in a while. I was a bit surprised to see how far along it had come.

I've noticed their new major projects (Maple Hill, the new Walton graduate studies building, JB Hunt center) are moving quickly. The band building renovation went pretty quickly once they got some metal up, too.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't take any pictures of it but the new track facility on Razorback Road is coming along and looks very nice.

Yeah that's sorta an odd situation. They had it open for the SEC meet earlier in the year and they apparently simply covered a lot of stuff up to make it look like almost all the construction was over. But I've noticed they're still doing work on it. Now that the meet is over they seem to be taking their time on it now.

Thanks for the info. That is a pretty good size amount of space.

Yes, it is, especially since they're going to have the Chemistry building done soon, the law addition done soon, and will be starting on a new large classroom building soon... lots of new sq. footage , or redone sq. footage, becoming available for the University in the next year.

Archived