Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bobliocatt

New Main Library photos

Thanks for sharing these pics! I won't be able to check out the library until I visit my family for Christmas, so I'm hunting down pics! The courtyard sure offers an interesting view, even though Monroe Street is nothing but parking garages...

Thanks for sharing these pics! I won't be able to check out the library until I visit my family for Christmas, so I'm hunting down pics! The courtyard sure offers an interesting view, even though Monroe Street is nothing but parking garages...

The good thing is the courtyard is on a level nearly equal to the height of the garages, so you get a clear view of the Southbank, 11 East, Carling, BOA, etc.

yea i went to the new library and there were some pretty sick views from the third or fourth floor, and the place was massive...just massive. There was some performance of some sort o n all the floors and in the main staircase .

Not to bring back an old/dead topic, but I finally made my pilgrimage to the new library! It's so amazing! It appears that there's still some unfished bits here and there; I've seen some construction crews working on little things. There's some exterior panels missing from the courtyard doors.

The Grand Reading Room is spectacular, however: I'm sitting at a computer with my back facing the southern windows, and the glare is horrible. With the way the computer stations are set up, you can't pick your computer, the system does it for you, so I'm stuck here in the sunlight...

I can't wait for the cafe to open, and by the looks of it, it'll be April before it's finished....lol

I hope all you Jax people have had a chance to check out this amazing building! It surpassed my expectations!