Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

upstate29650

BBQ in Cola

Ever since Millenders closed down, I've been searching for the best BBQ in Cola. Who do you think has it & why?

PS: PLEASE don't include Maurice's. I consider Piggy Park the McDonald's of BBQ :sick:

Ever since Millenders closed down, I've been searching for the best BBQ in Cola. Who do you think has it & why?

PS: PLEASE don't include Maurice's. I consider Piggy Park the McDonald's of BBQ :sick:

I've heard Little Pigs is good, but I don't like barbeque.

Maurices HAD good BBQ until I and everybody found out he was a racist...It's funny in his new commercial how he puts the black dude RIGHT behind him...smh...Anywayz Big T's on Garners Ferry has good BBQ!!!

Since when did someone's racial prejudices affect the tase of his food? Maurices is pretty good anyway but...

Shealy's Barbecue in Batesbrug-Leesville is top notch from what I understand.

I really want to try this place. Its fairly legendary.

I like Palmetto Pig off off Huger Street in the Vista a couple of doors down from Todd & Moore.

... the Palmetto Pig, which is on Devine and Pulaski I think, has excellent BBQ. Arguably better than Maurices.

There is also a place out on Alpine Rd that is supposedly pretty good.

Apparently sonofaque86 means that he no longer patronizes Maurice's after having found out about his racist views. Obviously the discovery of this information has no direct bearing on the actual taste of his food.

Maurice's supposed views aside... I never understood the big deal about Piggy Park's BBQ. It's always seemed really fatty to me.

Agreed. Too much fat.

Beside's Maurices', what BBQ place also has the best hash? And who's got good chicken bog?

I still gotta go with Shealey's and Little Pigs on the hash tip. Shealey's may have a slight edge in that dept. Although... I did find something weird in my hash there one time. But hash is nothing but "weird stuff" right? lol

ehh sonnys doesn't even hold a candle to Palmetto Pig, and about the quality being consistent, you really should visit the one in Commerce, GA. Horrible service and horrible food... and I don't think a chain will ever shut down the almighty Maurice's sadly

Palmetto Pig's pork is good as far as roast meat goes, but it is not smoked. And I'm not partial to their hash or beans. Good hushpuppies.

Little Pigs on Alpine Road is very good. Very good. Wonderful selection on the buffet. My favorite thus far.

Hudson's Smokehouse on 378 between Columbia and Lexington is also very good. No inside seating. No hushpuppies. But good BBQ.

Maurice? Just say no.

I don't know anyone that has tried Little Pigs that doesn't think it's the best. And rightly so.

I do think a Sonny's BBQ would blow up here!!! My wife and I have been saying that for years. But to go into it further would reveal my business plan. haha.

Sonny's is pretty good. I doubt it would unseat Maurices though.

I bit into a raw chicken sandwich more than once at Sonny's here in Charlotte. I don't eat there anymore.

My only experience with them as been in South Georgia and North Florida. They were consitantly good there...

Yes, they are excellent in FL and GA. Something is wrong with the NC and SC stores, that must be why they have not expanded more. They are the only chain restaurant I know that has improved quality over the years, not decreased it. I might drive up to Rock Hill one day to check it out!

Interesting. I've never had a bad experience at the one off of I-77 in Charlotte. We have eaten at the one in St. Mary's, GA on the way back from my wife's parents. It's always quality... I mean, for what it is. Seriously... I know it's a different kind of thing that Columbia is used to and stuff like that doesn't always go over well (change happens slowly here, in case you haven't noticed), but I still think it would make mad bank! :) It's unique and there are certainly enough people that would be into it to sustain it and potentially do really well.

In a state reknowned for BBQ...why would we even want a chain like Sonny's? :blink:

I say, leave that place for the Floridians, who wouldn't know real BBQ if it jumped up & bit them! :P

Ive only had Lexington(NC) and eastern NC BBQ but never down in Cola (or SC at all) but i was wide eyed of how there are sooooooo many BBQ places up and down US 1 between Camden and Aiken.